GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, & Henry Valdez, 46, murdered, Cobb Co, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

Hmmm...

Indictment: Victims were shot and killed at Cobb golf course

Pierson was shot multiple times, in the back, buttock, leg and arms, according to prosecutors. Valdez was killed by a shot to the head, the indictment states.

As he fled the scene, Rhoden hid the handgun used in the shootings and arranged for an unidentified individual to retrieve it for him, the indictment states. A spokesperson for Cobb’s district attorney did not know if that person has been charged.

It's just bizarre.

"Police say he was killed because he happened upon crimes in progress allegedly involving Rhoden and the other victims."

I'm perplexed by those insisting the truck was stuck/run aground.

Did you read the indictment?

The police said the truck was parked.

The police did not say the truck was stuck.
Sounded more to me like Gene thought it was parked which is probably what he told a witness (or a witness told him) before he went out there.

yeah I remember reading that PP and HV were already murdered by the time they got to the golf course. I am wondering if the media is taking the times listed on the police docs as gospel, when imo the times were just guesses because they didn’t know exactly when PP and HV were murdered.

Yet the first presser stated that they were all killed around the same time. I even did a post on that presser as LE hesitated before he answered that question. It was an AHA moment MOO.

Perhaps folks heard 5 shots, and they found 5 shells? And since the pro was in a different area and shot at point blank, they could tell such? Dunno. MOO. But this was wayyyyyyyyyy before we read the docs.

GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, Henry Valdez, 46, murdered,Cobb County, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

"The Q&A session that was most recent led me to believe through the answer was that those 5 shots heard, all 3 deaths were those 5 shots. Or very soon to such vs. much earlier. The answer at the presser MOO gave me that impression... after he hesitated and then gave his answer."

dixiegirl1035, Jul 11, 2021

Last edited:
I'm local & have followed this since July 3

Probably shouldn't post until I read entire thread but I'm going to anyway lol

I wake up to the indictment- the extra 2 felony murder charges has me stumped

1 Malice Murder & 1 Felony Murder charge per victim makes sense to my nonlegal mind

Is it unusual to be charged to see 2 felony murder charges for 1 victim?

Is there a possibility there are 2 unnamed victims?

Authorities have played this close to vest from beginning-finding reliable info is hard
Local media has been as frustrated as everyone else

I had always thought that media would dig on this case....
(Snip)
Why?

Local media has been banging their heads against a wall trying to get information. Cobb County Police not talking. I've never seen anything like it

Before the arrest there were no pressers-media could only communicate via email. The responses always the same-active investigation, can't comment

After the arrest-we learned more but authorities still tightlipped Grrrrr.....

I'm perplexed by those insisting the truck was stuck/run aground.

Did you read the indictment?

The police said the truck was parked.

The police did not say the truck was stuck.

All I know is that it looks (imo) to be stuck (per photo), and the AJC reported an eyewitness observed the truck as stuck. Maybe BR put the gear shift in "park" after becoming stuck and just before shooting Siller?

Last edited:
I'm local & have followed this since July 3 RSBM
1 Malice Murder & 1 Felony Murder charge per victim makes sense to my nonlegal mind Is it unusual to be charged to see 2 felony murder charges for 1 victim?

Is there a possibility there are 2 unnamed victims?

Authorities have played this close to vest from beginning-finding reliable info is hard
Local media has been as frustrated as everyone else

MOO, it's very normal (MOO usual) for prosecution to give two charges at different levels as to levels for consideration for the jury to decide upon. It's standard MOO

Welcome to WS!

All I know is that it looks (imo) to be stuck (per photo), and the AJC reported an eyewitness observed the truck as stuck. Maybe BR put the gear shift in "park" after becoming stuck and just before shooting Siller?

Makes sense that many at the club said truck is parked, and that is what MSM quoted.

Later, truck was on a birm and stuck.. but the reason he went out to look at was because at the time folks said "he was parked"

MOO.

Doesn't make it so what bystanders said MOO.

<modsnip> To clear up the multiple felony murder chargers - in Georgia if you are doing a felony and you end up killing someone, it becomes felony murder - which is what also capital murder is in the state of Georgia.

So Rhoden is charged with 5 counts of felony murder with each count being for, respectively: kidnapping Paul Pierson, Kidnapping Henry Valdez, and the final three being for the aggravated assaults that resulted in the murder of Siller, Pierson and Valdez. It will be up to the jury to determine if he is guilty of them. He is of course also charged with malice murder - which is premeditated murder in the state of Georgia. Both Malice and Felony murder have the possibility of a death sentence. NOTE - felony murder does not require the state to prove premeditation.

Also
Malice is implied when the victim did not provoke the murderer.. like walking up to a truck that is stuck to see if a help was needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of the DUI arrest 8 hours after the murders.

Thx for the vid.
A man who 8 hrs earlier allegedly killed 3 in cold blood in broad daylight on a golf course sure looks and acts sober and/or un-stoned to me.
Polite and obedient to the police.
Clear white eyes.
Calm demeaner.
Walked the line properly.

Broken record for me.
Something's not right.

Currently the latest from the court proceedings is the court approval for an investigator, Richard Hyde, to meet with the defendant. If it is the same Richard Hyde I found via a google search, he was part of the investigation that revealed the Atlanta school test cheating scandal a few years back.

But this is all pretty bog standard stuff. The defense filed for discovery earlier this month so they know likely know what the states evidence is by now and the defense team will now do their own investigation to see if they can poke holes in the states evidence.

There have been no court filings concerning this dismissal of counsel, so Bruce Harvey is still his mr. rhoden’s lawyer.

My guess is that the defense is going to try to cast reasonable doubt on if mr. rhoden is the murderer/shooter. They may concede that he has some dealings with the two victims in the truck, but that he didn’t kill them and, ergo, it wasn’t him at the golf course who shot and killed Mr. Siller.

Considering that all the witnesses saw Mr. Siller get shot at least more than 100 meters away and if the state doesn’t have a gun they can tie to Mr. Rhoden and we have gotten no word if the gun has been recovered, it’s not a bad tact to take IMO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back