UK - Jomaa Jerrare, 52, murdered & burned, Staffordshire, 9 Aug 2021

The arrest is in the Finchfield area, which isn’t far away and would be likely that the Bridgnorth Road is the nearest road the countryside/secluded area (although this is a busy road).

Forensics tents were seen outside a house in that area. Looks like they had more of an idea which is perhaps why it wasn’t national news.

Heartbreaking and horrendous. Sadly there are so many cases all around the world where people (mostly women) are set on fire. There are even studies about perpetrators profiles, people who tend to do this kind of thing. It's possibly too graphic for the public to share if this woman was alive or already deceased. When she was alive she would have inhaled smoke and would have the "typical" boxing arm/fists pose. They know. I hope they manage to identify her soon and justice comes swift.

Three Ways to Detect Pre-Burning Trauma on Burned Bones - In The Loop

The Pugilistic posture.

When subjected to fire, the human body initially takes on the pugilistic posture, also called the boxer’s pose, where the fingers, wrists, elbows, and knees flex. This posture occurs because fire makes the muscles shrink, which in turn causes the joints to flex. If a body in a fire does not take on a pugilistic posture it can be a clue that the joints are damaged and unable to flex, perhaps indicating that the victim suffered pre-burning skeletal trauma. The pugilistic posture can only be examined on bodies that possess burned soft tissue. If the soft tissue is fully consumed by fire, only skeletal fragments remain and forensic anthropologists will be called upon to look for evidence of trauma on the bone.

Edit to add.
Heartbreaking and horrendous. Sadly there are so many cases all around the world where people (mostly women) are set on fire. There are even studies about perpetrators profiles, people who tend to do this kind of thing. It's possibly too graphic for the public to share if this woman was alive or already deceased. When she was alive she would have inhaled smoke and would have the "typical" boxing arm/fists pose. They know. I hope they manage to identify her soon and justice comes swift.

Three Ways to Detect Pre-Burning Trauma on Burned Bones - In The Loop

The Pugilistic posture.

When subjected to fire, the human body initially takes on the pugilistic posture, also called the boxer’s pose, where the fingers, wrists, elbows, and knees flex. This posture occurs because fire makes the muscles shrink, which in turn causes the joints to flex. If a body in a fire does not take on a pugilistic posture it can be a clue that the joints are damaged and unable to flex, perhaps indicating that the victim suffered pre-burning skeletal trauma. The pugilistic posture can only be examined on bodies that possess burned soft tissue. If the soft tissue is fully consumed by fire, only skeletal fragments remain and forensic anthropologists will be called upon to look for evidence of trauma on the bone.

Edit to add.

Thats an interesting read, I hope she was deceased before being burned, I can't think of a worse way to die.

It is possible, that coming from Finchfield area, you’d be picked up by cameras at the Mermaid Pub, and some of the larger houses on the way out of the city have cctv pointing at their drive entrances so you would be lucky not be caught at some point.

It is possible, that coming from Finchfield area, you’d be picked up by cameras at the Mermaid Pub, and some of the larger houses on the way out of the city have cctv pointing at their drive entrances so you would be lucky not be caught at some point.

I agree and I think in this day and age, there are cameras probably on almost every street or main high street anyway.

If it is him he certainly didn't drive very far before stopping at the lay-by ... it seems panicked ..there are so many lanes around far less public

I wonder then if he wasn't very familiar with the area, you'd think he'd know the places that were really secluded. Others have posted that Bridgenorth road is quite busy.

I've been Mia for some time but this has made me come back. Its very very local to me, in fact I used to live on the road just up from there
I would say that that area of road isn't overly busy in the early hours of the morning and there is little to no lighting there, with fields on both sides. I think the initial reports from the police stated "suspicious activity" was reported to them so I'm guessing someone maybe saw something while driving past.

The lay-by is as other have said, quite pot hole Ridden, with fields and hedges on both sides and a couple of bins. I think from looking at the pictures the tent was put up immediately over one of the bins.

Not many houses in the immediate vicinity but I know police did door to door on the closest streets including Sabrina Road and asked for all door cams and cctv in the area. There are quite a few as it's thought of as quite an affluent area. I read on one of the neighbourhood watch pages I am on that someone had picked up a milk float going past on the road around that time and had suggested to police they may have seen something.

Tent was put up in Cranford Road yesterday. Property is about 1.5 miles away so not far at all. I think given the fact they are yet to identify the poor girl and had little to go on yesterday regarding age and ethnicity it's likely that something was picked up on camera..maybe a car? Which has led them to that address

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back