Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the things that leads me to wonder if she is/was in the river on or near their property. IIRC TD said (not exact words) BM had been out driving around their property and returned soaking wet.
I wonder if the river area where Tyson saw him, is the same area he was 'looking for a turkey'

Last edited:
Totally agree, I think the same. I was leaning toward the strangulation vs. drowning simply because it's messier. More to clean up if she is wet. I reconsidered it with the number of times it's been mentioned, the "supposed" text from SM asking to get Hot Tub Supplies and then hearing BM made a call asking someone to come out and fix it.
One issue I have with the strangulation or drowning possibility: why the need to dispose of the camo coat and hiking boots?

If SM's DNA were on either (and it was not indicative of copious amounts of blood), it wouldn't be unusual that a wife's DNA might be on her husband's boots or coat, so no need to dispose of them. It seems to me that BM threw away the coat and boots because he feared they might have some substance on them that clearly indicated SM had died and he was around when it happened. That could be blood, or some bodily substances she might lose while dying, or cadaverine.

Totally with you on all of those 6, except the dart cap was found in the dryer "trap".
SBM
Was there any timing evidence presented for the dart cap, i.e., say, that BM obtained those darts just the week before SM went missing, so the cap must have gotten into the trap within that timeframe, or the cap only had a few fibers from what appeared to be the most recent dryer load and not weeks/months of dust/fiber accumulation?

One issue I have with the strangulation or drowning possibility: why the need to dispose of the camo coat and hiking boots?

If SM's DNA were on either (and it was not indicative of copious amounts of blood), it wouldn't be unusual that a wife's DNA might be on her husband's boots or coat, so no need to dispose of them. It seems to me that BM threw away the coat and boots because he feared they might have some substance on them that clearly indicated SM had died and he was around when it happened. That could be blood, or some bodily substances she might lose while dying, or cadaverine.

Yes, that and any soil samples that could lead them to the area where he hid her remains.

Every one of these tweets say walking when BM is outside.
Was the chasing around inside the house?

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1425188980316807171?s=21

Grusing testifies that Barry told CBI he went home and had lunch with Suzanne on May 9, but that cell records show he actually walked around their home towards a nearby trailer park at that time. He later told the FBI he was looking for turkeys.

Morphew also returned to the house that day around 2:45 p.m., and Grusing has testified that cell phone data appeared to show Morphew walking around the outside of the residence. When questioned about it, Morphew said he likes to shoot chipmunks and might have been doing that.
https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1425198101413830660?s=21

At the time he was allegedly walking around, Suzanne Morphew was at the house sunbathing and sending selfies to her lover.

Defense attorney Dru Nielsen points out that the timing of the GPS locations on the phone would have required Morphew to move around 40 mph to get from one spot to the other. She implies it's imprecise GPS data and that Morphew did not walk around the house.

https://twitter.com/shellybradbury/status/1425198629577322496?s=21
Could BM have been zipping around the property on an atv or electric bike?
I guess not, Suzanne would have texted that he was home.

The part of the timeline that gets Barry:
5/10
2:53 am Outgoing call on SM’s phone
3:26 am BM car door opened and closed
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

Barry’s statement is that he set his alarm for 4:30 am, and left a sleeping Suzanne around 5 am. How did his door open and close, and why was his cell phone moving to where the bike was found, when he was asleep in bed?

Don’t forget the visit to MG’s apartment that morning too. It seems after his 3:58am cell ping at the bike location he must have driven to MG’s apartment.

It’s been a while since her interview so I don’t recall the details but I thought she had said she could hear his truck outside her apartment in the 4 o’clock hour sometime. I don’t recall if he had texted or called her but she was hustling to get herself together because she was under the impression he was there to pick her up to get to a job. However, after a few minutes he ends up leaving. She would go on to say that at some
point when she spoke to him that morning he sounded like he had the worst night of his life.

It’ll be interesting to see how MG plays into all this.

Remember, BM sent TN and GD to try to persuade her to not turn over her phone to LE.

Regarding BM and possible affair(s): Didn't MG say in her imterview with (IIRC), Lauren, something to the effect of (verbatim) 'I'm not the OTHER woman?' She said she spent a lot of time around BM working, etc., so IMO, that in and of itself coming from someone close to BM, pretty much convinces me that he was and/or did have affair(s). That, coupled with the hints/comments from MM (SM's sister) of problems before even moving to CO, makes me lean towards yes, BM more than likely had history of affairs himself.

This is all JMO.

I thought I remembered Tyson saying that the area he saw BM driving past was up where CR 225 met US 50 and that BM was coming from west of that area. Tyson and a companion were walking around that area (there is a small turnout area where cars can park where CR 225 meets US 50) and BM in his pickup drove past Tyson and his companion and Tyson said he looked very wet and red, like he had been doing something strenuous or was very agitated or angry.

Does this align with what anyone else remembers?

Maybe the boots had mud or soil he thought could be traced to some place he went to dispose something..or he left boot prints that could be matched or they and the coat smelled of chlorine or @OldCop suggested the possibility of the boot laces had been used as zip ties. Wouldn’t want to caught on camera buying new laces.

This is one of the things that leads me to wonder if she is/was in the river on or near their property. IIRC TD said (not exact words) BM had been out driving around their property and returned soaking wet. EBM to add: He may have been returning to the location to do a recheck of his coverup work??
Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction. The two men did not speak at that time, Draper said, noting that Morphew did not look at him as he was driving by.
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

I thought I remembered Tyson saying that the area he saw BM driving past was up where CR 225 met US 50 and that BM was coming from west of that area. Tyson and a companion were walking around that area (there is a small turnout area where cars can park where CR 225 meets US 50) and BM in his pickup drove past Tyson and his companion and Tyson said he looked very wet and red, like he had been doing something strenuous or was very agitated or angry.

Does this align with what anyone else remembers?

I could be completely off with my memory of it being close to their property. Is that intersection close to Puma Path at all??

Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction. The two men did not speak at that time, Draper said, noting that Morphew did not look at him as he was driving by.
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

Thanks, I can refresh my memory. BTW You have lightning fast skill. @Murphy1950

SBM
Was there any timing evidence presented for the dart cap, i.e., say, that BM obtained those darts just the week before SM went missing, so the cap must have gotten into the trap within that timeframe, or the cap only had a few fibers from what appeared to be the most recent dryer load and not weeks/months of dust/fiber accumulation?
No. If you haven't read any of the testimony tweet summaries of the two days of prelim this week, you might want to check them out. The great folks posting here do a lot of work to help everyone keep up with the facts and evidence.

I’m of the opinion right now he tranquilized her and after the chase put her in the hot tub to drown (subject to change as always). In this way, he in his sociopathic mind, did not actually kill her outright as he didn’t have to hold her down physically because she was so incapacitated. Although I do feel he sat there and made sure she would not get out. I am thinking because he was so religious, killing another human would be frowned upon by “his maker”. In this way he does not feel the guilt of taking her life with his own hands directly.

If what is true from spa store employees, between 4-5:30 he then made his way calmly to the pool store to get the chemicals to erase what had happened. He could only do this if he had somehow convinced himself that all of this was done “to save one life”. Crazy but I can’t see how else he could move on and do the next things he did to continue his plan. Hopefully we will hear more on this in a few weeks. All JMO.

I understand what you are saying. We hire young men from a communal religious group who leave the group for a couple of years to earn some money. They receive very little money at home.

One said..if you push one of your sheep through the hole in the fence then go pick it up from the neighbor's land and sell it then you are not stealing it. What..yes you are.

Another said..if you charge something at the hardware store to your group then take it back and get the cash then you are not stealing. Yes you are.

I see what you mean that Barry thinks he didn’t kill Suzanne if that is how it played out and she just drowned. Doesn’t make sense to us but I guess it does to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge