UK - Jomaa Jerrare, 52, murdered & burned, Staffordshire, 9 Aug 2021

The perps who set this woman on fire and left her to burn in agony on church steps days before Xmas, have still not been apprehended...
UK - UK - Tracey Mertens, 31, Birmingham, 23 Dec 1994

I read about this case a while ago because they were appealing for witnesses, the first I'd heard of it but its stuck with me because of how horrific it was and how local it happened.

I've been Mia for some time but this has made me come back. Its very very local to me, in fact I used to live on the road just up from there
I would say that that area of road isn't overly busy in the early hours of the morning and there is little to no lighting there, with fields on both sides. I think the initial reports from the police stated "suspicious activity" was reported to them so I'm guessing someone maybe saw something while driving past.

The lay-by is as other have said, quite pot hole Ridden, with fields and hedges on both sides and a couple of bins. I think from looking at the pictures the tent was put up immediately over one of the bins.

Not many houses in the immediate vicinity but I know police did door to door on the closest streets including Sabrina Road and asked for all door cams and cctv in the area. There are quite a few as it's thought of as quite an affluent area. I read on one of the neighbourhood watch pages I am on that someone had picked up a milk float going past on the road around that time and had suggested to police they may have seen something.

Tent was put up in Cranford Road yesterday. Property is about 1.5 miles away so not far at all. I think given the fact they are yet to identify the poor girl and had little to go on yesterday regarding age and ethnicity it's likely that something was picked up on camera..maybe a car? Which has led them to that address

Welcome back Its good to have people who know the area, from what you've said, it can be quiet in the early hours. It must have been so scary for her, if she was still alive when she was put there.

They have identified the poor woman and they have released the man arrested

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk...dentify-woman-in-perton-murder-investigation/
"Detectives have identified the woman who was found in Perton in the early hours of Monday morning (August 9).

Jomaa Jerrare, aged 52, of Heath Town, Wolverhampton, was found by officers just before 3am in a lay-by in Bridgnorth Road.

A post mortem has taken place but the cause of her death is under further investigation.

Specially-trained officers are working with and supporting Jomaa’s family who have requested their privacy is respected.

A 41-year-old man from Wolverhampton who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released without further action. Enquiries are ongoing, but we are again appealing for assistance from the public.

Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm, of Staffordshire Police, said: "We’ve had a tremendous response from the public but, again, I must stress, this is the early stages of a major investigation and we are pursuing many lines of enquiry.

"‘We need to understand Jomaa’s movements prior to her death and want to hear from anyone who knew her or has seen her over the last few months. We are keen to understand where she has been frequenting and who she has been associating with.

"We believe that she was driven to the lay-by in Bridgnorth Road. Did you witness anything suspicious or see any vehicles in the area between 1am and 3am on Monday morning? Do have local dash cam or CCTV footage?"

"It maybe you know someone was out at that time or their pattern of behaviour changed. Please get in touch with us if you can help or have information."

He added: "This is a shocking and dreadful incident and our team of detectives is working tirelessly to establish what has happened and bring those responsible to justice."

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or visit https://mipp.police.uk/operation/STAFFS21H10-PO1 "

So lady had been identified. Doesn't suprise me that they thought she was younger. Her Fbs are quite old profiles but she looks tiny in them.

Heath Town is most definitely not an affluent area of Wolverhampton. There's a lot of tower blocks, a lot of migrants and a well known gang issue in the area. It's a good 5/6miles from where she was found too.

It's interesting that police are wanting more information on her whereabouts and who she has spoken to in the past couple of months. I know it's generally the norm but implies to me that they don't have an immediate suspect and maybe she didn't have a normal kind of routine in terms of works, friends etc

Lots of rumours flying around which I can't talk about here but wouldn't suprise me if it was an unplanned attack on her

They have identified the poor woman and they have released the man arrested

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk...dentify-woman-in-perton-murder-investigation/

I'm glad they have identified her, now hopefully she can be laid to rest and RIP. It's puzzling that they thought she was so much younger than her actual age though. Could she have been a rough sleeper, malnourished or I hate to say an addict ? I only ask because for them to think she was so young, I can only think it was maybe because she was of small stature anyway but also malnourished. If they or her family didn't know her whereabouts or activities for the last few months either, it would suggest to me a person who was homeless maybe.. just speculation on my part. RIP Jomaa.

How very sad. She looks very small and vulnerable in the photos.
Some locals are moaning about the road being closed, because there are a lot of other roadworks causing chaos in the area. The road will be closed for as long as it takes to find out who has done this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back