Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another, imo, highly likely possibility is death as a result of the tranq itself. Many animal meds are highly dangerous in humans. What may sedate an animal may have dire consequences, even in small doses, for humans. An example of this is the horse med, Dormosedan, where even a scratch from the needle can cause cardiac problems.

(I'm a long-time lurker here -- as in many years -- coming out of the woodwork. I hope the post is correctly done.)
Ha! You did well.

That sounds exactly right. I’m sure that everyone reacts differently, and weight is a major factor when it comes to dosage too.

So it’s entirely possible that all he had to do was tranquilize her. I definitely expect to hear a lot more on this during the next session.

heck, no. IMO, it was a fantasy/diversion for both of them.

I hadn’t read all the details in this article: https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

“After Suzanne's disappearance and once authorities tracked down Libler to talk, he said Suzanne's marriage was not good. The couple argued a lot, he said, and she repeatedly said she wanted to leave. However, she also said she couldn't divorce Barry for "Biblical reasons."

Upon discovering she may have been abducted, Libler deleted his accounts because he said it'd negatively affect Suzanne's daughters, Harris said.”

Suzanne was getting strong enough to leave in the last few days, but I hope she wasn’t expecting JL to leave with her. It’s possible the affair gave her the courage to leave, restoring her hope for the future.

Neither BM not JL were decent husband material for SM.

MOO
It's very common for DV victims to need some proof that they are not the worthless, unloveable beings their abusers say they are before they get the confidence to escape. Getting accepted to an educational program or hired to a job, or yes, having a potential future partner express interest and admiration, are all very common ones. I so wish Suzanne had positive influential people in her life who told her years ago that there is no good reason to put up with a partner who abuses, controls, and belittles you.

It's very common for DV victims to need some proof that they are not the worthless, unloveable beings their abusers say they are before they get the confidence to escape. Getting accepted to an educational program or hired to a job, or yes, having a potential future partner express interest and admiration, are all very common ones. I so wish Suzanne had positive influential people in her life who told her years ago that there is no good reason to put up with a partner who abuses, controls, and belittles you.

Excellent post.
Yes, by now if they divorced in 2018, when they saw that the move was not going to make it better.

BM after adjusting would have found himself happy too.

I bet it’s the IN confrontation where threats were made to the BF by her dad? LE discovered the affair in November so if he really knew then somebody was leaking info to Chris…
JMO

Am I the only one that has no idea what this means? I've followed from day 1 and have zero memory of this happening.

Another, imo, highly likely possibility is death as a result of the tranq itself. Many animal meds are highly dangerous in humans. What may sedate an animal may have dire consequences, even in small doses, for humans. An example of this is the horse med, Dormosedan, where even a scratch from the needle can cause cardiac problems.

(I'm a long-time lurker here -- as in many years -- coming out of the woodwork. I hope the post is correctly done.)
Good point!

In combination with a compromised system from cancer and the treatments along with the meds she may have been taking, her heart may have not been very strong. JMO

Great first post and Welcome to WS! I would not be surprised if he had access to animal tranquilizers from the whole deer hunting expeditions he went on.
JMO

As already mentioned, CM also said that the daughter’s boyfriend that Barry had blown up at and threatened, will be a big part in this.

During that incident, Barry had told the boyfriend something to the effect that if he wrongs his daughter he would bury him under a tree and no one would find him. I believe CM had reported on this back when he was on Profiling Evil with MK.
OMG, all he needed was a victim to carry out his planned fantasy.

Am I the only one that has no idea what this means? I've followed from day 1 and have zero memory of this happening.
I think the info about the threat BM made to one of MM1's boyfriends was from CM in one of his Interview Room YouTube releases (the one where CM and his wife visit Indiana and explore BM's past).

ETA: I am watching the videos and will try to post a link. So far, watched the 28 minute May 2, 2021 video and did not find it there. Still looking...

Last edited:
For those that have followed this case closely, I offer a question:

What are the one or two pieces of information you are most interested in learning from the remainder of the pretrial or contents of the AA?

1) When did he reserve the hotel room?

2) What evidence do they have on BM for LE to think he desecrated her body?

What are the one or two pieces of information you are most interested in learning from the remainder of the pretrial or contents of the AA?

I’ve actually got 3

The deal with the tranquilizer. He admitted to throwing away materials for a reason, and I have the feeling he was backed into a corner here.

More about the digital evidence (where Suzanne’s phone was when it was powered down, Barry’s Google searches, etc).

Evidence of Suzanne’s death (decomposition, evidence of transport, physical evidence other than blood).

SBM

Ah, poor, poor BM! SM was no longer worshipping him as he may have felt entitled to be, she was starting to enjoy sexual activity he wouldn't approve of, heck, he might even have objected to her wearing cotton polyester blend blouses instead of 100% pure cotton ones.

In his Godly, loving family, these could be the petty gripes that triggered a great flood of uncontrolled rage from a narcissistic grievance collector, if that is an accurate description of the BM's personality.

Or love of money could have something to do with it, too, of course.
"Narcissistic grievance collector"

That is an excellent term. Describes BM to a T.

I'm keeping this term for future use. Thanks:D

I want to know exactly what made them open with the time of 2:47pm and it can't just be him putting his phone in airplane mode
IMO
Also, is the phone/truck/cell/computer data all they have to determine murder 1? with no blood in the house/cars - how are they supporting this charge?

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say
snipped
But the arrest affidavit states that based on BM's Telematics report on his truck, law enforcement alleges "from 2:47 p.m. May 9 until 5:37 a.m. May 10, he took steps to dispose of evidence SM’s disappearance and death."
(note- edited for initials)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member