Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
On February 13, 2017 the body of a woman who had been shot in the head and thrown in The White River was discovered.

The victim was one of 178 people killed in Indianapolis in 2017.

An arrest took place on August 11, 2021.

From the article...

Indiana Man Charged with Murder in Cold Case of Mother of Three Who Was Shot in the Head and Thrown in River

This past May, a family member of Eaton’s allegedly came forward because they were “tired of carrying the weight of the information” after years of living in fear, according to the IMPD detective.

After that, six additional witnesses came forward who said the defendant often bragged about getting away with a murder on the river. They said that were threatened with death if they ever went to police–some even said they witnessed the shooting itself and then helped Eaton dispose of Boltinghouse’s body."

I am posting this not because I believe there is a connection to the Delphi case, but to show an example of a case in this same state where multiple people knew what happened, but were terrified to come forward.

It took over 4 years...but they've arrested someone.

Don't give up on the possibility that someone else may have key info on this case and finally do the right thing by Abby and Libby and come forward.

JMO
Yes I believe there are people who know absolutely who killed Libby and Abby. In the case you mentioned it ate away at one such person and that conquered their fear. I'd be interested to know if LE had this Eaton guy on their suspect list, as he knew the victim.

On February 13, 2017 the body of a woman who had been shot in the head and thrown in The White River was discovered.

From the article...

Indiana Man Charged with Murder in Cold Case of Mother of Three Who Was Shot in the Head and Thrown in River

This past May, a family member of Eaton’s allegedly came forward because they were “tired of carrying the weight of the information” after years of living in fear, according to the IMPD detective.

After that, six additional witnesses came forward who said the defendant often bragged about getting away with a murder on the river. They said that were threatened with death if they ever went to police–some even said they witnessed the shooting itself and then helped Eaton dispose of Boltinghouse’s body."

I am posting this not because I believe there is a connection to the Delphi case, but to show an example of a case in this same state where multiple people knew what happened, but were terrified to come forward.

Don't give up on the possibility that someone else may have key info on this case and finally do the right thing by Abby and Libby and come forward.

JMO

Wow, same day as the Delphi murders when the body was found, just over an hour away and it was hardly, if at all, reported in the news.

“People who were fishing on the White River about 11:30 a.m. Feb. 13, 2017, called Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department to say they’d found a body on the river near the 2700 block of South Harding Street. The coroner’s office a few days later identified the victim as Jenny Boltinghouse, 30….”
Man to be charged with 2017 murder of woman found dead on White River - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

if the deal over this guy wasn't too much and over the top.. why do you think the families shown a hostile reaction ? with the sister making pleas to stop it...I dont mean this discussion in crime forums which of course is open to everything ..I meant the craze on facebook and tiktok and so on.. when misinformation leads to illusions that case is solved and so on
its fine you think BG is a moron ..I am in the other club who think that he is an organized and unusual offender.. actually in my books i think he is one of the most unusual offenders in recent years ( and not because its a snapchat murder )
there are reason to think that as well as my hunch ..
clearly sexual offence and a double murder with a notable crime scene are two different things..

I don’t know who he is. However, I do think he is unusual. Logical, smart, but…able to snap, too.

Sometimes I wonder if he is able to feel the guilt and the shame. Especially knowing that one of the girls he killed was the only child…I did not want it to sound wrong, any kid’s death is horrible, but to deprive of one’s only child…not at war, not during a major catastrophe. Just like this. Gone.

Or maybe he is even in denial that it ever happened. Or trying to be good, philanthropic, even…helping people?

How does he live with himself? Now?

(this being said, Matthew Coleman, who just killed his two infants over weird conspiracy theories, is probably fully competent, and successful, but to me, he still comes across as a perfect nutter, who flew under all radars, so maybe BG is like this, too?)

From the article...

JMO

Add this creep to the list of Indiana creeps. There's just so many creeps and criminals in Indiana, it seems like paradise for druggos, rapists and murderers. I live in Australia and we honestly never see this amount of whackos congregated in one place (that I know of).

I agree this is far from black and white. This is a horrific crime against children. We heard in the open secrets video that even other criminals know what the consequences would be if daring to speak out naming the person who did this. The person in that video even says I will tell you my part intimating that he wouldnt go as far as naming the person who actually caused the fatal act because to do so would provoke a revenge killing which would be carried out on his children. He is under no illusion of the power and influence a killer has and it reaches far beyond that of those who hold the 'shiny badge' of LE.
A lot of people here live a life outside of the fear and violence of the criminal world and find it hard to believe that people would not report the crime if they had knowledge of the people who did such unspeakable things to these children. People who commit these crimes function on a completely different level of a morality!
Where LE do their very best to protect people who report serious crime they are not always successful and where you might think your life may be worth the risk but would you take the risk if you knew you were directly putting your childrens lives at risk.
The fear is real.

LE face an enormous task this is a crime carried out by more than one person, which person actually murdered the girls, did the same person kill both. Was the person masked making identification extremely difficult, is DNA proving difficut due to the gene pool, and thats just for starters

JMO

Last edited:
This does not stop cops from arresting, interrogating, or moving forward. There is just no way in the world they know who did it and are letting a double murderer wander free bc mom says they were at home, or whatever the idea is.

Maybe they think they know who did it but have no evidence to prove it and there’s an alibi, but if there is evidence to prove anything they’d already have arrested this person.

I respectfully disagree. There's a lot more that's important after an arrest. They need to be able to convict.

From the article...

JMO

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Wow, same day as the Delphi murders when the body was found, just over an hour away and it was hardly, if at all, reported in the news.

“People who were fishing on the White River about 11:30 a.m. Feb. 13, 2017, called Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department to say they’d found a body on the river near the 2700 block of South Harding Street. The coroner’s office a few days later identified the victim as Jenny Boltinghouse, 30….”
Man to be charged with 2017 murder of woman found dead on White River - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic
I didn't remember seeing anything about this at all, and I, (likely the same as most of you here) have for the past four plus years, googled the crap out of events occurring on that date in the state of Indiana.

I was surprised to read that from the article I posted, it says, "Initial news reports were scant on details and though Boltinghouse’s death was highly-publicized, local news coverage didn’t result in any significant leads"

The Amber Alert from Gary Indiana that day, as well as the disappearance of Abby and Libby sadly likely overshadowed this news event in WS'ers worlds.

Add this creep to the list of Indiana creeps. There's just so many creeps and criminals in Indiana, it seems like paradise for druggos, rapists and murderers. I live in Australia and we honestly never see this amount of whackos congregated in one place (that I know of).

Like cockroaches. They seem to multiply.

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.
You're welcome!

It really refreshed my hope that LE's past continual appeals that 'someone knows something' in this case may be true.

JMO

I don’t know who he is. However, I do think he is unusual. Logical, smart, but…able to snap, too.

Sometimes I wonder if he is able to feel the guilt and the shame. Especially knowing that one of the girls he killed was the only child…I did not want it to sound wrong, any kid’s death is horrible, but to deprive of one’s only child…not at war, not during a major catastrophe. Just like this. Gone.

Or maybe he is even in denial that it ever happened. Or trying to be good, philanthropic, even…helping people?

How does he live with himself? Now?

(this being said, Matthew Coleman, who just killed his two infants over weird conspiracy theories, is probably fully competent, and successful, but to me, he still comes across as a perfect nutter, who flew under all radars, so maybe BG is like this, too?)

He may wonder why he did it or why he does these things, he may even agree he belongs in jail..but does he feel guilt or shame?

nah, he doesn't. mOO

Sorry, I was trying to reply to @sunshineray and my quote got messed up.

In this article, it says that Detectives learned about his possible involvement in July 2019.

So it took more than two years for LE to learn of him as a possible POI.

White River murder: Man charged years after body found in river

Detectives were first informed of Eaton's potential involvement in the killing after a relative told police in July 2019 that Eaton said "on three different occasions he killed Jenny," according to a probable cause affidavit filed Thursday.

LE has enough POI names in the Delphi case to wallpaper the Delphi police dept. and they have systematically been crossing them off their lists for the past four years. I think that in early 2019 (almost two years later), they crossed off their biggest name and had to start over.

One phone call from someone who knows something is all it takes to blow this case wide open.
JMO.

If BC turns out to be the BG, which I personally think he is, he enjoys this tremendously. He is cunning, smug and evil, definitely a sociopath, IMO. I don’t know how he did it without leaving his DNA, but he surely thought it through beforehand. I do however, question the ability and thoroughness of LE investigation. I hate to say this but I worry the reason they haven’t revealed many details of the murder with the public is due to an inept department. IMO

ISo what are the odds that someone not on the bridge somehow ended up looking like what the FBI agent drew?

You pretty much have to discard the statement that the Old BG sketch turned out to be an innocent, cleared party. No matter how many people have said it, it's the piece that doesn't work with anything else. Some one person said it first, the others are just repeating, and it's wrong. Supposedly, if that guy is BG, then he's the killer. And he almost has to be BG.

MOO

You pretty much have to discard the statement that the Old BG sketch turned out to be an innocent, cleared party. No matter how many people have said it, it's the piece that doesn't work with anything else. Some one person said it first, the others are just repeating, and it's wrong. Supposedly, if that guy is BG, then he's the killer. And he almost has to be BG.

MOO

exactly
this thing doesnt make any sense...they found out the original sketch who was made by witnesses who were only named witnesses after witnessing BG ( dressed as he was and around the murder location )
how can he turns out to be an ( innocent ) sexual offender who was dressed like bg and was on the trails that same time...
give me one sentence here that makes sense .. and yet it goes round and round

exactly
this thing doesnt make any sense...they found out the original sketch who was made by witnesses who were only named witnesses after witnessing BG ( dressed as he was and around the murder location )
how can he turns out to be an ( innocent ) sexual offender who was dressed like bg and was on the trails that same time...
give me one sentence here that makes sense .. and yet it goes round and round

Do we know for sure that the person depicted in the older sketch was physically at the trail that day?

If you believe the theory that the younger sketch is the “witness” who provided the sketch of the older man… maybe he intentionally described a known SO that would be a believable suspect. I know it’s an off the wall theory but I’m just throwing it out there for conversation.

you know it sounds like a weird suggestion I know, but when we see him on the bridge his hair or hat is pulled own low over his forehead and his ears so his face is inside a box in a way and you just see it in that space.. I am convinced he shaved and maybe shed some of his clothes.shed that hat but maybe still had the jacket .as crazy as that sounds. could it be? mOO

Do we know for sure that the person depicted in the older sketch was physically at the trail that day?

If you believe the theory that the younger sketch is the “witness” who provided the sketch of the older man… maybe he intentionally described a known SO that would be a believable suspect. I know it’s an off the wall theory but I’m just throwing it out there for conversation.
the older sketch had several witnesses.. not one ...and they allegedly described clothing before seeing the video image...
also its speculated the sketch artist contributed to the sketch as its clear that the sketch looks like what we see in the video image ...and if its true his face was half covered.. then most of the sketch is just speculation from the artist...

Hold up there. You’re the one who wants to make sure everything is accurate. The quote says, “mr. Chadwell OR ANY OTHER SUSPECT,” which clearly means that Chadwell is in the group of suspects. I actually don’t know how much clearer that could be. If he wasn’t including Chadwell as a suspect he would have said, “Chadwell and suspects, not any other. Jmo, etc., etc.

None of the people that make statements about this case choose their words carefully. They could completely mean Chadwell, or persons of interest, but say any other. I don't think you can read anything into anything they say with regards to small details or phrasing.

Hello everyone I'm from London UK I'm a long time lurker just signed up, this case has always baffled me with the different sketches. To me and my imo only that video on the bridge, all I'm seeing is an older man. I always keep up with this thread hoping an arrest is made. X

Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19
delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123 Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134
Thread #135 Thread #136

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

NOTE - per Tricia and Sillybilly’s 5.28.2021 post here, JBC as a poi is now open for discussion in the Delphi thread.
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19
delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123 Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134
Thread #135 Thread #136

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

NOTE - per Tricia and Sillybilly’s 5.28.2021 post here, JBC as a poi is now open for discussion in the Delphi thread.
I have watched the police press relase and it appears that the police skect and the video of the suspect look different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson