AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In

That is exactly why I posed the question. Would it seem more likely that LE would be able to find Summer if a person they may want to hear more info from was scared and confined in jail? Or could it make more sense to allow them to move about freely (& possibly even revisit locations of interest) and also allow them to have access to random strangers (to them) which they may feel a desire to spill their guts to? I mean *seriously* why would LE want to lock that person up before they had been "milked" of all the info they might be willing to share?

Simply because being questioned while incarcerated is a major advantage to police. This puts extreme pressure on the suspect, the reality of being incarcerated for a long period of time becomes VERY real.
This is a major advantage for police especially with subjects like Wells family who have no legal representation and have no intention of hiring legal representation.
LE is running out of time on physical evidence. Time is ticking, evidence is deteriorating everyday.

Simply because being questioned while incarcerated is a major advantage to police. This puts extreme pressure on the suspect, the reality of being incarcerated for a long period of time becomes VERY real.
This is a major advantage for police especially with subjects like Wells family who have no legal representation and have no intention of hiring legal representation.
LE is running out of time on physical evidence. Time is ticking, evidence is deteriorating everyday.
I appreciate your opinion but will agree to disagree. It seems to me that there is plenty of pressure to go around for those that may not be incarcerated as well. And theat person's ability to share details they most likely (definitely?) would not share with LE if they were confined, would skyrocket enormously. Obviously, I say this IMO only.

For my money, I'm more confused about how every time we turn around DW is tossing up a new theory to social media.

Is he tossing all these new theories up to LE? What is his category for determining that they aren't taking yesterday's brainstorming lead seriously enough? Does he know if they've finished running his prior lead/theory to ground yet? Wouldn't it be good to rule one thing out before throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the mix; and how quickly can LE be expected to make something out of their leads if they've got a couple dozen different ones to look at?
Yes, that is interesting. I think we all do that brainstorming, but most of us only share a select few of the most viable theories. On one hand, perhaps he’s just one of those people that thinks out loud. On the other hand, perhaps he is desperately throwing distracting theories every which way to keep focus away from where it should be.

And he was also mad that LE didn't clog the road... Make up your mind Don:
Wells: At first it was so horrific knowing that someone abducted her, and the cops are looking all around our house knowing that she’s not there. I wish the cops would have blocked off both ends of Beech Creek and contained our area because I’m sure she’s hundreds of miles away. I can’t blame them, but I’m really upset. It’s too little too late now.”
Watch now: 'I'll see her in the resurrection': A month later, Summer Wells' dad has little hope for her recovery

Many parents of missing children have issues with the way LE handles their cases, it's really quite common.
It must be difficult, emotionally, to not be in the loop when it concerns your own child's life.
As another example, Tim Miller has ostracized LE for decades, since 1984, over the way they worked his daughter's case, including multiple lawsuits. You could read all day about that case and not get through all their disagreements.
He even created an organization because of what he deemed as their incompetence.

This article is from May, 2020, as he still was trying to get his daughter's remains, one of many instances of the distrust and animosity he has towards LE in his daughter's case.
Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, sues Galveston County over daughter’s remains

"“You know, here we are, it’s just one of the thousands of mistakes that have been made in this case,” said Miller."

"“League City police department told them, ‘Oh, we asked Miller for his DNA and he refused to give it to us,’ which is a 100-percent lie,” said Miller."

"Miller’s anger intensified when he said he learned League City may still consider him a suspect in the more than three-decade-old unsolved murders."

"In fact, Miller said he recently took a polygraph test and passed “with the highest score the examiner ever recorded.” Miller has long criticized the department over the handling of the investigation."

"League City police have not yet returned our call for comment."

"“I will never set foot in the League City police department again,” said Miller."

"His daughter’s and the other women’s murders are the reason Miller founded Texas EquuSearch."

Last edited by a moderator:
Was her father going on YouTube doing daily interviews, mainly about himself?
I understand he is a victim in this situation BUT isn't Summer what he should be discussing.
He obviously controls the narrative in these interviews/self damage control videos, so he can easily make it ALL about Summer and focus on her and anything of relevance the public should need to be able to help.

So maybe a serial killer with no connection to the Wells' got to Summer?
That's what you got out of reading that article?
You have misunderstood why I posted the link and the message in the article of which the title holds a big clue.
In no way am I suggesting there is a serial killer in this case, the article is about people ganging up to judge others at the most difficult time of their life, a bandwagon of sorts led by social media, creating a public trial and conviction without being privy to the evidence. While disregarding the harm, to the victims, to LE by making their job more difficult, and to prosecutors who have to deal with a tainted jury pool if the favored villain is prosecuted.
ETA, and yes, the Celis family was also despised, and clueless on working the media. Everytime they spoke, the pile on increased.
There's a thread here on the case, it's very similar to this one.

Last edited:
That's what you got out of reading that article?
You have misunderstood why I posted the link and the message in the article of which the title holds a big clue.
In no way am I suggesting there is a serial killer in this case, the article is about people ganging up to judge others at the most difficult time of their life, a bandwagon of sorts led by social media, creating a public trial and conviction without being privy to the evidence. While disregarding the harm, to the victims, to LE by making their job more difficult, and to prosecutors who have to deal with a tainted jury pool if the favored villain is prosecuted.
ETA, and yes, the Celis family was also despised, and clueless on working the media. Everytime they spoke, the pile on increased.
There's a thread here on the case, it's very similar to this one.
You are absolutely right that it is essential to examine the misdeeds of any of the main players both separately, in isolation of this case, and in context to it. A virtual flogging or worse, serves no purpose

I remember the case of Sierra Lamar. Her father had been a convict for a crime similar to what Summer’s father has been accused of, and admitted to, sort of. Sierra’s father stood bravely in front of the press and conducted himself with dignity, pleading that the public help. People quickly moved from him as the focus of shaming, to finding his daughter.

So I guess how you handle yourself has a lot to do with the outcome, and where the focus will be.

amateur opinion and speculation

I get what you are saying, but, MOO, DW's public stream of consciousness is providing information that LE would never get if he was in custody. It could be a gold mine...or nothing.
Has DW/CBW said they have no intention of hiring legal representation? I believe they have an attorney appointed to them for the CPS case. My impression is that they may not have the means or inclination to hire an attorney, but if arrested, either would accept the services of a court appointed public defender.

One thing that does stand out to me from the tour of the metal shed is that it really wasn't any more of a mess than anything else, and it didn't strike me as particularly dangerous, 2 of the reasons CW gave for not allowing CM to look in the shed.
I too find CW's reaction to CM wanting to look in the shed notable. However, it may not have anything to do with SW, although something makes me wonder if that was where she was put for punishment? I'm sure LE would ask the boys about this.

Alternatively, there might have been some evidence of illegal "farming", which wouldn't be a surprise to me at all given the territory and the profiles of the main players.

At this point, we don't know, and this is all amateur opinion and speculation.

You are absolutely right that it is essential to examine the misdeeds of any of the main players both separately, in isolation of this case, and in context to it. A virtual flogging or worse, serves no purpose

I remember the case of Sierra Lamar. Her father had been a convict for a crime similar to what Summer’s father has been accused of, and admitted to, sort of. Sierra’s father stood bravely in front of the press and conducted himself with dignity, pleading that the public help. People quickly moved from him as the focus of shaming, to finding his daughter.

So I guess how you handle yourself has a lot to do with the outcome, and where the focus will be.

amateur opinion and speculation
The social media stuff will benefit the defense more than the prosecution.
Even if a defendant has served time for murder, it cannot be used against him in a trial for a second murder, it prejudices the jury.
Unlike social media, in a trial they have to stick with the current charge, they don't get to convict on everything the defendant ever did, including past charges and/or convictions.

Really? Why do we bother with evidence and trials if we can determine guilt so easily, just by how someone acts?
That reminds me of being on jury duty one time. During voir dire the defense was questioning a man and he said that the defendant has to be guilty because the police arrested him for the crime. Obviously he was excused. JMO

I too find CW's reaction to CM wanting to look in the shed notable. However, it may not have anything to do with SW, although something makes me wonder if that was where she was put for punishment? I'm sure LE would ask the boys about this.

Alternatively, there might have been some evidence of illegal "farming", which wouldn't be a surprise to me at all given the territory and the profiles of the main players.

At this point, we don't know, and this is all amateur opinion and speculation.

I agree with you for the most part, Roses. I have no particular interest in this shed , and whether or not DW was hiding in it is of absolutely zero importance to me in terms of finding Summer. What is of importance to me, though, is looking at the behaviors of the people who were there the day that Summer disappeared. Do they tend to be straight forward, honest people for the most part, or are they people who are inclined to be deceptive, whatever the reason. Let me give you an example. In the Rogersville Review interview, CW described what happened that day prior to dropping Hunter off at 2:30. She (purposefully, imo) left out the trip to the smoke shop and the trip to the hippie house. Was that deceptive behavior on her part ? In my opinion, yes , because we now know that she was concerned about being caught buying alcohol and nicotine vapes for a minor. Do I think that has anything to do with what happened to Summer ? No, I don't. But what it does show me is that CW is willing to be deceptive when it suits her purposes. Her explanation of why she didn't want CM looking in that shed doesn't ring true to me either after actually looking inside the shed. It was deceptive, imo.

One thing that does stand out to me from the tour of the metal shed is that it really wasn't any more of a mess than anything else, and it didn't strike me as particularly dangerous, 2 of the reasons CW gave for not allowing CM to look in the shed.

But I wonder what it looked like 2 months ago or the day of the CM interview there. A lot could have changed.

Yes, I certainly agree; but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is such a thing as "guilty behavior" that exists; and we brush up against it in our hinky meters every time at WS when we say that something "doesn't look right", or "doesn't make sense".

To deny that there are guilty behaviors is about the same as denying that there are honest behaviors, or lying behaviors, or gleeful behaviors, etc.; because without these cues, we'd have a hard time making it through the most basic Hollywood movie or TV show; and there, people are supposed to be conveying emotional states to us; or misleading about the emotional states, so on and so forth.
I don't have a "hinkey meter" I use evidence scales. JMO

I agree, I think that CW and DW are doing the best they can under the circumstances. It's unfortunate that they entered the vicious world of social media. Lots of vigilante justice, not based on any evidence. So much for innocent until proven guilty. Not for the SM mob.
I agree about social media mobs attacking people with no evidence. However, IMO, DW is only fanning the flames by repeatedly doing interviews and posting on his own FB account. I wish someone could advise him to at least make his account private, as it does not appear to be helping to find Summer nor does it put DW in a good light. Both of these things would be (IMO) important to him.

Eta: I only wonder if all of the family dysfunction, criminal histories, etc are not related to Summer's disappearance. IMO, a case can still be made for her wandering away and lost. These cases are not unusual either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member