AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew more of the timeline to what actually happened that day. Did she really go under the water at the pond and H had to rescue her. Could it possibly be a dry drowning?

After getting home I think the times are fuzzy as to who did what when and who arrived at what time. I am sure LE knows that but we can only speculate.

There was time for her to wander off and there was time for someone to snatch her. We just know that Summer is gone.

In the Delphi case they know Abby and Libby were murdered but they don’t know who did it. In the Summer case we don’t know anything or if she is alive or dead. At least those families know where their daughters are.

I still have hope they find her alive somewhere.

In my opinion, him being at work or not , does not affect my theories about what may have happened to Summer. I have never thought that he was there 'disappearing' her.

To me, its has more to do with the possibility of generational dysfunction. And the possibility that the parents might cover up some kind of incident or accident, because they needed to cover up any potential SA that might come to light. JMO

That would leave CW as the individual responsible for hiding SW.
Is that your conclusion?

I can see the logic in the need for a cover-up, but a few things to consider here.
First of all- the 2 and a half hour window that CW would have had to hide SW and make sure NO trace was left behind.

That would also likely make Gma an accessory.
I have a REALLY hard time accepting that since Gma lost her own child.

<modsnip- no link>

JMO MOO AMOO

EBM to add a detail

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we knew more of the timeline to what actually happened that day. Did she really go under the water at the pond and H had to rescue her. Could it possibly be a dry drowning?

sbm
To my mind it's still a likely possibility that she hit her head while the adults were distracted at the pond. And suffered similar to what Natasha Richardson suffered. Hit her head on the ski slope, blood accumulated in the brain, and a few hours later they kept her on life support long enough to get back into the USA with her family. Happens all the time, and people fall "asleep" too soon. IIRC even sports figures who are concussed on the field are not allowed to sleep too soon. Subdural hematoma, concussion, others. It's very logical in this case, lethargy and no confirmed sighting of Summer reaching home, that we know of.

It’s a different shed the shed up by the house is the shed Candus said is to messy
I think that little hidden shed, mother in law cottage,storage building, or whatever it is,is key in what happened to Summer. I would really like to see a tour of that,and find out who all has been in there ,and what vehicles they drive,or have access to. MOO

I really think it couldn't hurt to do another thorough grid search of the property and beyond. Fresh eyes. JMO
I wonder if there's anyone that can Track bears,to their dens,caves. Iirc one of Dave Rader's crew ran into a bear when they were out searching. I'm not sure what the chances are that she got snatched by Yogi, but I remember when "A Dingo snatched my Baby" seemed so ridiculous, but it turns out it really was a Dingo. MOO

I agree about social media mobs attacking people with no evidence. However, IMO, DW is only fanning the flames by repeatedly doing interviews and posting on his own FB account. I wish someone could advise him to at least make his account private, as it does not appear to be helping to find Summer nor does it put DW in a good light. Both of these things would be (IMO) important to him.

Eta: I only wonder if all of the family dysfunction, criminal histories, etc are not related to Summer's disappearance. IMO, a case can still be made for her wandering away and lost. These cases are not unusual either.
This part! “I only wonder if all of the family dysfunction, criminal histories, etc are not related to Summer's disappearance. IMO, a case can still be made for her wandering away and lost. These cases are not unusual either”
I keep thinking this too. Could the lie be how long and why Summer was unattended and she really did just wander off? It’s certainly possible that she would never be found

Yes!
No 2 ways about it.
I was focusing On the previous poster's theory that SW was an accident victim and that CW would need to cover up signs of SA.
There would beno need to cover it up if there were no physical signs.

AMOO MOO JMO
Agreed, but there could be other reasons (negligence due to alcohol or substance use; having allowed her to accidentally get into and ingest illicit substances, etc. ).

I don’t totally understand all the comments on this thread. I also haven’t looked at FB or TikTok, so admittedly I may be missing something. With the terms of service here, people are discussing the posted words given by people in the family and by approved WS sources. How does talking about HOW people talk on other platforms help anything? As far as WS, if someone is out of line, their post is removed. So I’m not sure why we continue this circular discussion about how people are being treated? We can only control ourselves.

Agreed. It really bothered me that H said it happened, but CW totally denied it.

What continues to bother me about this is that a 15 year old wouldn't come up with that on their own. He heard this from someone. IIRC A's friend L is a nurse. Maybe when he came home he was bragging about saving Summer and dry drowning was brought up at that time? Also, that group seemed to enjoy their interview with CM and the opportunity to throw as much shade at CW as they could. I would have expected all of them to gravitate to the nearest microphone for as long as they could milk it, yet they have been quiet. Could that be due to a request from LE? Is LE pursuing that theory but need the body to confirm COD?

I think that little hidden shed, mother in law cottage,storage building, or whatever it is,is key in what happened to Summer. I would really like to see a tour of that,and find out who all has been in there ,and what vehicles they drive,or have access to. MOO

I had just posted about that shed. Nobody seems to want to talk about it, not DW, CW or CM. DW did not mention it in his video of the property.
Maybe I'm making something out of nothing but it seems like DW is avoiding this shed.

shed-png.308075 (887×592) (websleuths.com)

(452) Summer Wells Father Retraces His Steps / Tour & Sheds - YouTube

One thing that does stand out to me from the tour of the metal shed is that it really wasn't any more of a mess than anything else, and it didn't strike me as particularly dangerous, 2 of the reasons CW gave for not allowing CM to look in the shed.
I agree! It didn’t look any more dangerous than a tour of the house must have been

Yes, I certainly agree; but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is such a thing as "guilty behavior" that exists; and we brush up against it in our hinky meters every time at WS when we say that something "doesn't look right", or "doesn't make sense".

To deny that there are guilty behaviors is about the same as denying that there are honest behaviors, or lying behaviors, or gleeful behaviors, etc.; because without these cues, we'd have a hard time making it through the most basic Hollywood movie or TV show; and there, people are supposed to be conveying emotional states to us; or misleading about the emotional states, so on and so forth.
"Guilty behavior"?
I find that term to be so subjective. We each use our own backgrounds, geographic locations (which includes the social norms in which we live, work and play), education, personalities, psychological make-up, social-economic history/situations, mental acuity, etc etc etc to draw conclusions. There seem to be only a few of us here who are coming at this from a position of understanding, compassion and empathy for the parents. We remain firmly in the "victim friendly" aspect of it, as we do consider DW and CBW to be victims.

I find the parents to display the opposite of "guilty behavior". This unsophisticated man is out there, almost alone, and is floundering around trying to get all the help he can to find his daughter. He has exposed himself beyond anything I have ever seen from a victim parent. He's rough around the edges (to say the least), yes, but he is doing the best he can within the limited confines of his world/worldview. CBW has been quiet lately. I am picturing her curled up into a fetal position in that dank, dark basement, tormented by the whole situation :(. She is living every parents worse nightmare, alone and isolated for the most part. The only person with daily, direct contact with her states that she is "not doing good" and is very worried about her. She, herself, said that she tried going to work with DW to get out of the house and that didn't work. (I'm not doing a search and rescue for the links. If you don't believe me, that's okay. Consider it my opinion only.)

I respect others opinions and try to understand them but I just can't come to an understanding of the vitriol directed at the parents. It makes my heart and my head hurt.

All MOO

"Guilty behavior"?
I find that term to be so subjective. We each use our own backgrounds, geographic locations (which includes the social norms in which we live, work and play), education, personalities, psychological make-up, social-economic history/situations, mental acuity, etc etc etc to draw conclusions. There seem to be only a few of us here who are coming at this from a position of understanding, compassion and empathy for the parents. We remain firmly in the "victim friendly" aspect of it, as we do consider DW and CBW to be victims.

I find the parents to display the opposite of "guilty behavior". This unsophisticated man is out there, almost alone, and is floundering around trying to get all the help he can to find his daughter. He has exposed himself beyond anything I have ever seen from a victim parent. He's rough around the edges (to say the least), yes, but he is doing the best he can within the limited confines of his world/worldview. CBW has been quiet lately. I am picturing her curled up into a fetal position in that dank, dark basement, tormented by the whole situation :(. She is living every parents worse nightmare, alone and isolated for the most part. The only person with daily, direct contact with her states that she is "not doing good" and is very worried about her. She, herself, said that she tried going to work with DW to get out of the house and that didn't work. (I'm not doing a search and rescue for the links. If you don't believe me, that's okay. Consider it my opinion only.)

I respect others opinions and try to understand them but I just can't come to an understanding of the vitriol directed at the parents. It makes my heart and my head hurt.

All MOO
Just to respond to people taking about how behavior is subjective, I’m not sure I agree. Trained professionals are taught to look for specific behavior that is NOT evidence, but may imply guilt. So it would be standardized in that way and not viewed through a subjective lens, IMO.

4 Psychological Behaviors of Guilty People

Signs of Guilt

If he wasn't complaining that it was an inconvenience, then what was the complaint about? IMO, He said in a critical way-'couldn't get nowhere.' Isn't that an inconvenience he is describing?

I'm sure he was overwhelmed. It just seems to me that the first instinct would be one of relief and gratefulness that his street was flooded with searchers and search vehicles. He did not seem pleased. Just my opinion. MOO
He was asked what time he got there and to explain what he did and what he saw. I didn't detect any anger in his voice or demeanor. In fact he always seems to talk in a similar tone and I haven't seen much emotion at all.

He never said it was "an inconvenience," just that he couldn't decide where to drive and the whole road was bottlenecked and described people getting there with their trailers, etc. He had probably never seen anything like it since living there.

I think it was just vivid in his mind because this was the beginning of a traumatic event, probably the worst thing anyone can imagine. I would expect him to be frustrated. If he had said, "I was relieved because so many people were there and the road was blocked off," then people would say that he wasn't upset at all that his daughter was missing and how could he say he was relieved? It was the beginning of a nightmare. There wasn't much to be pleased or grateful about.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
DW is no criminal mastermind that has fooled the TBI and FBI.
The public does not have the info that LE has, and to be honest DW or CB would be arrested already if LE had any reason to arrest them.

LE prefers to find a body before pressing charges and making an arrest. lack of an arrest is not indicative of what evidence LE has.

I think once the reports of SA in DW's past came up it was game over for him and his credibility. He is being defined by his worst moments in life and at this stage he can't win. Mind you, I'm not giving him any kind of pass on those things. His behavior was heinous and his constant attempt to make it less than it was are cringe worthy. I don't think any of us would want to be defined by our worst moments. I understand that some people may believe it ties in to whatever happened to Summer. I don't know if it does or doesn't. Pedophiles are not one-dimensional. That's what makes them hard to spot. They're are the nice man who lives next to your mom who takes out her garbage pails and shovels her walk when it snows. They are the lovely Pastor at the local church. They are your girlfriend's husband. I think it's entirely possible to be an SO and still be a frantic, grieving father of a missing child. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305