Brangelina DOES NOT adopt pit bull puppy!

imthemom

Reaction score
TMZ is reporting they have adopted a pit bull puppy.

I loved them before but now I really love them. They see a need and they go after it. Yes they have kids and a pit bull oh my! You all know how I feel about pit bulls and lots of celebs have them. Where are my bully lovers?

Sorry but I gotta disagree. A baby and a pit bull don't mix. I know the breed has a bad rep, and any dog could turn on a baby, but I think that's just inviting trouble.

They will do anything for publicity.:razz:

I always liked them and now I are flaming idiots!!!!

One can only hope that with the resources they have that they can build the appropriate enclosure and safety features needed.

Just because they have celebrity status and can adopt from third world countries to give under privileged children a home doesn't mean all their decisions are good ones. This adoption is definitely not well thought out.

What? That's the last kind of dog they need! Sorry, I'm biased against them too. If there weren't so many deaths caused by them, I wouldn't mind. They need to be kept away from young kids.

Sorry but I gotta disagree. A baby and a pit bull don't mix. I know the breed has a bad rep, and any dog could turn on a baby, but I think that's just inviting trouble.

Yeah but Shadow, I'm sure Ange just feels MORE for pit bulls, given their sad history. Never mind that there are scores of injuries and deaths because of vicious pits who snap without warning, especially with vulnerable children. Their pit bull will be different, of course.:rolleyes: With Angie it's getting to be about quantity, not quality, and making some kind of a statement with everything she does. There may be a high price to pay for those in her life, eventually. I hope she doesn't end up having to tangle with it, it will probably outweigh her in no time.

Eve

Yeah but Shadow, I'm sure Ange just feels MORE for pit bulls, given their sad history. Never mind that there are scores of injuries and deaths because of vicious pits who snap without warning, especially with vulnerable children. Their pit bull will be different, of course.:rolleyes: With Angie it's getting to be about quantity, not quality, and making some kind of a statement with everything she does. There may be a high price to pay for those in her life, eventually. I hope she doesn't end up having to tangle with it, it will probably outweigh her in no time.

Eve

The media fuels the pit bull attacks, if there is a dog attack and it even looks like a pit you will hear about it. Please give me facts and sources of of pits who snap without warning!! I have never heard one story, they were all vicious before and showed signs of agression. The initial story may be they never showed agression but in the end it always comes out they had shown signs before. Anywho this is like beating a dead horse. Bye for now.

Just because they have celebrity status and can adopt from third world countries to give under privileged children a home doesn't mean all their decisions are good ones. This adoption is definitely not well thought out.

Amen!!!!

TMZ is reporting they have adopted a pit bull puppy.

I loved them before but now I really love them. They see a need and they go after it. Yes they have kids and a pit bull oh my! You all know how I feel about pit bulls and lots of celebs have them. Where are my bully lovers?

I love all dogs, even both of the two labs we recently rescued, and the one lab has snapped at my own three dogs a few times now. We have a muzzle on her so she can't bite. It seems cruel but we have to do it to keep her from being put to sleep.

Pit bull, lab or even rots, I love all dogs.

What? That's the last kind of dog they need! Sorry, I'm biased against them too. If there weren't so many deaths caused by them, I wouldn't mind. They need to be kept away from young kids.

I agree, Taximom. Plus they seem to be living in a lot of hotels. Being who they are, they probably get to have the dog stay with them. I think (if true) this is a bad decision.

The media fuels the pit bull attacks, if there is a dog attack and it even looks like a pit you will hear about it. Please give me facts and sources of of pits who snap without warning!! I have never heard one story, they were all vicious before and showed signs of agression. The initial story may be they never showed agression but in the end it always comes out they had shown signs before. Anywho this is like beating a dead horse. Bye for now.
They are agressive dogs. It has been proven. I love dogs and I really feel sorry for the breed. Man has done the inbreeding and made them the aggressive creatures that they are. Never the less, they are a dangerous breed to be around young children.

Just check past threads. There are many stories. I stick with my opinion that this is not a good decision for a family with young children. Whether a pit showed aggression before or just at the time of the attack is a question relevant only to the owner trying to absolve himself of guilt, anyway. It doesn't help the mauled victim. There are many many dogs to choose/adopt with gentleness as a prominent breed characteristic. There are always exceptions but why pick this breed?

If people want to adopt pits they should take special precautions and not bring them into a situation with young children. Adopting is great but with this breed it is even more foolish to do it without such precautions. If you don't know the dog's bloodline history, it is always iffy, but with a pit, it could mean big trouble.

I think it is a very interesting question why Angie and Brad would pick this particular breed with its known reputation and propensities, over so many others. I am more interested in the "why" of that, than I am discussing pits.

And BTW, Why would the media "pick" on a particular breed, anyway? What would be the motive and how can you lump "media" all together as if there is a conspiracy among them to slander a dog breed?

Eve

Just check past threads. There are many stories. I stick with my opinion that this is not a good decision for a family with young children. Whether a pit showed aggression before or just at the time of the attack is a question relevant only to the owner trying to absolve himself of guilt, anyway. It doesn't help the mauled victim. There are many many dogs to choose/adopt with gentleness as a prominent breed characteristic. There are always exceptions but why pick this breed?

If people want to adopt pits they should take special precautions and not bring them into a situation with young children. Adopting is great but with this breed it is even more foolish to do it without such precautions. If you don't know the dog's bloodline history, it is always iffy, but with a pit, it could mean big trouble.

I think it is a very interesting question why Angie and Brad would pick this particular breed with its known repuation and propensities, over so many others. I am more interested in the "why" of that, than I am discussing pits.

And BTW, Why would the media "pick" on a particular breed, anyway? What would be the motive and how can you lump "media" all together as if there is a conspiracy among them to slander a dog breed?

Eve
Good post Eve~

:blowkiss:

I highly doubt that Brad and Angelina are stupid enough to get a Bully from a backyard breeder. My Bully has Purple Ribbon bloodlines and is great with kids.
I do worry that they won't spend the time required for proper socialization, they do seem to travel a lot. Personally I don't think anyone who isn't home a lot should have a dog, famous or not, not matter what the breed. If you want an animal and you're often away, get a cat. They're pretty self reliant.

I was shocked when I read that they had adopted a pit bull. There are a lot of other family friendly breeds out there that they could have adopted. Several months ago I saw a little girl in the grocery store who had been attacked in the face by a neighbor's pit bull. She was not a pretty sight and already had had plastic surgery and would need more.

What were Angie and Brad thinking?????:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bye for good if you keep posting like this. This is an OPINION forum. We are here to voice our opinions. Don't like it? Don't read. Keep responding like this and I'll take matters into my own hands. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back