AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a local who hikes and frequently encounters bears, I feel inclined to disavow people of the misconception that black bears are just running around snatching people out of their yards. Black bears are not particularly aggressive. In fact, for the most part, they avoid humans. Yes, in our state parks we have had a few incidents, but these incidents occur because visitors to our parks have habituated those bears to humans by feeding them and leaving their trash around. I have a family (I assume) of bears that hangs out between my property and my neighbors property. We see her and her cubs often, both on trail cam and in person. In fact, one morning while walking to my neighbors house, she and her cubs followed me on the other side of the creek as I walked. As you can see...I am not snatched. ;)

Bringing this back to Summer specifically, if she had been snatched by a bear (which is highly unlikely to begin with), there would have been very clear, unmistakable evidence of that.
Thank you. I don't know much about bears obviously. I also don't think it's very likely she got snatched by a bear. It is important to look at all angles,and posibilies so as to rule them in,or out. Which I'm sure LE has already done. MOO

I believe that there have been a couple of comments in regards to Gma leaving.

One was that she does not stay in Tennessee year round- and this is normal for her.
The other seems to have been in regards to a family member's failing health or possible passing?
The second statement- I hope - can be verified by a member that can recall.

MOO JMO AMOO

CH's brother-in-law, Bob, had a heart attack the day Summer went missing. Later, he had to go back into the hospital to have a pacemaker put in. HC's sister, Linda, called her to ask for her help because her husband wasn't doing well and Linda is 70. I assume lifting, changing, bathing, is an issue here.

Wells nightmare worsens as boys removed

Last edited:
I believe that there have been a couple of comments in regards to Gma leaving.

One was that she does not stay in Tennessee year round- and this is normal for her.
The other seems to have been in regards to a family member's failing health or possible passing?
The second statement- I hope - can be verified by a member that can recall.

MOO JMO AMOO

CH stays in Tennessee part of the year with CW & family. She stays in Wisconsin the other part of the year, she has grandchildren there also.

CH left earlier than scheduled because her sister's husband was ill, had surgeryand her sister needed help. They live in Illinois and CH went to help.

Last edited:
And particularly an SO who admits that he victimized a 5 year old, defined that assault as a " relationship ", and says that his victim wasn't " Little Miss Perfect " in all of this. This is a 57 year old man with a 5 year old daughter of his own who said this. <modsnip>
MOO

It's impossible for me to stop hearing Maya Angelou saying
"when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

"Guilty behavior"?
I find that term to be so subjective. We each use our own backgrounds, geographic locations (which includes the social norms in which we live, work and play), education, personalities, psychological make-up, social-economic history/situations, mental acuity, etc etc etc to draw conclusions. There seem to be only a few of us here who are coming at this from a position of understanding, compassion and empathy for the parents. We remain firmly in the "victim friendly" aspect of it, as we do consider DW and CBW to be victims.

I find the parents to display the opposite of "guilty behavior". This unsophisticated man is out there, almost alone, and is floundering around trying to get all the help he can to find his daughter. He has exposed himself beyond anything I have ever seen from a victim parent. He's rough around the edges (to say the least), yes, but he is doing the best he can within the limited confines of his world/worldview. CBW has been quiet lately. I am picturing her curled up into a fetal position in that dank, dark basement, tormented by the whole situation :(. She is living every parents worse nightmare, alone and isolated for the most part. The only person with daily, direct contact with her states that she is "not doing good" and is very worried about her. She, herself, said that she tried going to work with DW to get out of the house and that didn't work. (I'm not doing a search and rescue for the links. If you don't believe me, that's okay. Consider it my opinion only.)

I respect others opinions and try to understand them but I just can't come to an understanding of the vitriol directed at the parents. It makes my heart and my head hurt.

All MOO

I cry when I accidentally step on a bug. I have plenty of empathy and compassion and I have red flag feelings about DW and CB. I will be happy if I am proved wrong.

I cry when I accidentally step on a bug. I have plenty of empathy and compassion and I have red flag feelings about DW and CB. I will be happy if I am proved wrong.
The best indicator of present behavior is past behavior. Yes, we are all capable of change, but some do not. Time will tell as it relates to the main players in this thread.

amateur opinion and speculation

remember cw was with gma back a ways in the woods doing things and h he had just finished his tea and maybe splashing alerted him and it was then he saw summer go under. ... so in way they both are telling the truth , as one was not there to see it and the other was.
We have no way of knowing if either one is telling the truth about what happened during the trip to the water. It is that point until LE were called that concerns me most. It all seems contrived to me.

I guess I still think there's a chance Summer went a little too far into the woods and encountered something she could not get out of on her own. And unfortunately, she's still wherever that happened.

I do think other scenarios are possible, obviously, but i don't have an exact theory. I think the FBI would have moved on by now if it was just an accident.

So, here we all now...

Thank you. I don't know much about bears obviously. I also don't think it's very likely she got snatched by a bear. It is important to look at all angles,and posibilies so as to rule them in,or out. Which I'm sure LE has already done. MOO
DeOrr Kunz's parents threw out the possibility he was snatched by wild animals. He disappeared without a trace and has never been found. iirc, it was said that an animal would leave behind evidence.

I guess I still think there's a chance Summer went a little too far into the woods and encountered something she could not get out of on her own. And unfortunately, she's still wherever that happened.

I do think other scenarios are possible, obviously, but i don't have an exact theory. I think the FBI would have moved on by now if it was just an accident.

So, here we all now...

On the one hand it seems like the simplest explanation. She's tired and bored, her mom is busy. She goes in the house wanting to play and her brothers apparently blow her off. She goes downstairs, there's nothing to do. She wanders out into her yard, but the swing is boring. Then there's a butterfly, a dog, a squirrel, something to follow into the woods. It would only take a couple of minutes for her to be out of sight of the house.

She's only five. She would not necessarily have to have gone very far into the woods to lose her bearings.

She's not very big. The searches could easily have missed her.

...I somehow don't think that's what happened though.

I suppose that I could float a couple of my theories.

My number one thought is that Summer did wander (probably not very far) and either fell and slipped into a tight space, got stuck somewhere, hit her head on something and never regained consciousness, or just met an untimely death due to the heat , exposure ,etc.

Second theory - she made it to the road and was hit by a speeding car. Yes, I know this is not a popular theory. I feel like someone may not have realized what they hit at the time-OR was under the influence and did not want to get caught, etc. etc.

Third theory- possible abduction by an SO.

Last of all - accident with a cover-up. Still, this is hard for me to believe since an accident is just that - also I can't wrap my mind around how it could be covered up in 2 or 3 hours without there being evidence left behind.

AMOO JMO MOO

Edited to add:
I have heard Kudzu is a big problem out there.
If true, it is would only add to the difficulty in finding such a tiny girl.

I get what you are saying, but, MOO, DW's public stream of consciousness is providing information that LE would never get if he was in custody. It could be a gold mine...or nothing.
Has DW/CBW said they have no intention of hiring legal representation? I believe they have an attorney appointed to them for the CPS case. My impression is that they may not have the means or inclination to hire an attorney, but if arrested, either would accept the services of a court appointed public defender.

A court appointed public defender in H
LE prefers to find a body before pressing charges and making an arrest. lack of an arrest is not indicative of what evidence LE has.

Not always. Look at Megan Boswell.
They would like to find a body ASAP.
Evidence that is vital to prosecution (evidence, not gossip and hear say) Evidence that is deteriorating rapidly in elements with decomposition.

August 14, 2021
Prayer circle held for missing Summer Wells (video at link)

KINGSPORT, Tenn. — August 15 marks two months since five-year-old Summer Wells was first reported missing from her home in Hawkins County.

On Saturday, family and community members gathered together to pray for Summer and her safe return.

[...]

Another prayer circle is scheduled for next Saturday. Organizers say they plan to host these events on as many Saturdays as possible.

[...]

Prayer circle hosted for Summer Wells’ family, other missing children | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

AgeofAquarius, a Boy Scout leader got pulled into a cave by a bear in NJ while the poor guy was checking out a cave. But it was in December during hibernation time. Black bears have been known to pull hunters' beagles into caves. As far as I know it's a natural instinct in case the little cubs try to leave while mom is half asleep.
Bear pulls Boy Scout leader in cave; Scouts get help

I just wish that LE would do a press conference with a real update, if only to give MSM something to write about and keep Summer fresh in the news and the public eye. If the silence continues, people are going to forget about her.

IMO LE being so tight lipped is the wrong move. If they hang the parents out to dry everyone will just assume they’re guilty and move on, and no one will be keeping their eyes peeled for Summer. No one will be looking for the red truck. No one will report if their neighbor was acting weird that day or their coworker didn’t show up to work the next day.

I just wish that LE would do a press conference with a real update, if only to give MSM something to write about and keep Summer fresh in the news and the public eye. If the silence continues, people are going to forget about her.

IMO LE being so tight lipped is the wrong move. If they hang the parents out to dry everyone will just assume they’re guilty and move on, and no one will be keeping their eyes peeled for Summer. No one will be looking for the red truck. No one will report if their neighbor was acting weird that day or their coworker didn’t show up to work the next day.

The sheriff gave a real update the other day. They are very active in this case and everyone is a suspect. So basically until they find Summer or someone confesses, what could they tell us?

No one is going to forget Summer as long as DW keeps doing YouTube vids and SM posts. So while some wish he would shut up, I think the attention is good for the case.

I suppose that I could float a couple of my theories.

My number one thought is that Summer did wander (probably not very far) and either fell and slipped into a tight space, got stuck somewhere, hit her head on something and never regained consciousness, or just met an untimely death due to the heat , exposure ,etc.

Second theory - she made it to the road and was hit by a speeding car. Yes, I know this is not a popular theory. I feel like someone may not have realized what they hit at the time-OR was under the influence and did not want to get caught, etc. etc.

Third theory- possible abduction by an SO.

Last of all - accident with a cover-up. Still, this is hard for me to believe since an accident is just that - also I can't wrap my mind around how it could be covered up in 2 or 3 hours without there being evidence left behind.

AMOO JMO MOO

Edited to add:
I have heard Kudzu is a big problem out there.
If true, it is would only add to the difficulty in finding such a tiny girl.
A drowning due to a parent not paying attention is going to be prosecuted. Thus the "need" for the cover-up.

That was my theory in the Caylee Anthony case and is one of my theories here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd