AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is closed for the night.

Interviews with major case players are usually allowed because they may provide insight into the case.

It seems members complain when we don't allow something and complain when we do. It's up to members to watch them or not.

Discuss relevant content about the case and please stop complaining on the thread.

Thank you.

DW says they've been open and honest with the media from the beginning. Opened their home no search warrants needed....ever. Came through their house several times. Thankful for LE and what they've done.

We have a new theory from DW!

With all the lies his niece made up it's quite possible someone came and took his daughter if people thought he was the person people were making him out to be. Would that cause somebody to come and try to save his daughter from this stuff they're making up? He thinks it's very possible. He's a loving father and would never hurt anybody. He tries to keep his kids in church and everything. If you have his kid because of these lies, then you should come forward and just let it go. He'll try everything he can not to have charges put on them. "Just bring my daughter back please"

End of latest interview.

So this is now all his relatives fault?? How many is that under the bus now? @Chelly

I think we're going to need another bus. Or two.

jmo

We have already posted here, some of the very intense, emotional flowery language he uses in describing how much his girl loves him and needs to be with him every single night. He is the one that goes into such detail and intensity. and talks about her loving him more than anyone in his life ever has. :confused:
Agreed. That sort of talk does seem like a trigger and a regression has occurred.

And the relatives didn't come out of the woodwork until AFTER Summer disappeared. MOO.
CM actually explained this last night. He said the family doesn’t speak much but when DW’s step-sister heard Summer was missing, she immediately thought that Don had done something to her and felt she needed to speak out about her experiences.

Notes on forensic language analyst:

"Ive always knew that something was going to happen to Summer[saying it was meant to be] And I've always told Candus watch her closely "[ blaming this in Candus]

I think she knew something was going to happen too...

what?
I just had this intense love for her..
I can't explain it---have you ever heard of guardian angels?

SJ: subtle fingerpointing and blaming off Candus....

everyone here has intense love for their family---who feels need to tell the world they have an intense love for their kid? It goes unsaid...

it brings me back full circle to SA...

I tell everyone how much I love my kids and grandkids; all the time. And they are not missing. I see nothing wrong with what he said.

CM actually explained this last night. He said the family doesn’t speak much but when DW’s step-sister heard Summer was missing, she immediately thought that Don had done something to her and felt she needed to speak out about her experiences.

Sad, but totally normal in my opinion. It was like the last straw.

You are correct <modsnip>, so I went ahead and got the transcript to prove why this happened. Taken from the first phone interview.

CM: Yeah, you know, I know that feeling. So what color was the truck?

DW: Yellow. There's a picture of it somewhere. I can't remember where, it is somewhere on Facebook or somewhere. It's been going around but, it's a picture where Summer's dancing in the rain. See it in the background? Yes.

CM: And was he on the property that day, if you know?

DW: Yes, yes.

CM: What time?

DW: When they, when we come back to get, you know, we come back and then he get in his truck to go home.

CM: Okay, when you say "when we come back", when did you get in the driveway?

DW: When, I'd say we probably got back around 6:30, maybe seven. Sometime late. It was a long day.

CM: So how did he get back with you?

DW: Well, in this little white truck.

CM: Okay.

DW: We rode together way out past Greenville, way out there somewhere, I can't remember now.

CM: So did you do a job up there that day?

DW: Yeah, we was way out, trying to remember what it was called. My mind is blank.

CM: With him?

FW: Yes, yeah we rode together to save gas. Plus I (inaudible) his big piece of junk.

CM: And and, is that where you get the phone call from Candus?

DW: No, no, this was way prior to this, when we was working in the Meadows in Jonesborogh was when I fired him.

CM: Okay, and that was the day before right?

DW: Yes.

CM: Okay.

DW: The day before she disappeared.

-----

CM did not clarify his question "And he was on the property that day, do you know?", so DW thought he meant the day Summer was photographed in front of the truck in the rain. All of this could have been nipped in the bud. The picture of Summer was taken "way before" the day she went missing and the driver of the yellow vehicle was fired the day before Summer went missing. I hope this clears up any confusion you have after listening to the interview. <modsnip>
Thanks! I was too tired last night to go back again and listen but that's how I remembered it. Don told him the truck was there the day the video was taken and when CM asked if that was the day he was on the property, Don said yes. Chris thought he meant the day Summer went missing but DW kept going on and on and didn't realize what he was asking until CM said, "so was that when Canduce called you?"

I think Chris was trying to catch him in a lie when he asked if that was when Canduce called but DW didn't even seem to realize what he was getting at.

I think that Don has very little self awareness and tends to blurt out whatever he is thinking. He doesn't have much of a "filter." I would think that would make it easier for investigators to determine whether he's hiding something or being deceptive. He is very transparent and in this case seems to be his own worst enemy.

Yes, it is likely far-fetched, but I would personally be tempted to do it if I knew a child was being raised in this situation and authorities had turned a blind eye. They’ve known about the problems in this family for a long time…

@Allabouttrial — Just to clarify, this was not a theory this was a hope

DW said that he was going to slander CM, then went on a program where he talked nonstop about CM… If we believe his own statement, then I have to believe that most of what he said in the Chers interview was a lie…

I tell everyone how much I love my kids and grandkids; all the time. And they are not missing. I see nothing wrong with what he said.

You can't compare that to DW and all that is attached to him and this situation. When a pedophile with a missing child talks about a young girl's love for him in the bizarre way he does and then says he has an intense love he can't explain with his next sentence about guardian angels.....it is disturbing to say the least.

I had actually been confused about whether Summer’s parents could have sold her for money or drugs because of DW’s language. I felt like SJ hit on these points and clarified them for me from a language perspective. I’ve shifted a lot of my perspective to thinking that almost everything (not all) DW says is an attempt to divert attention far away from where it should be. So while I know everything is still possible, I no longer believe that happened. And, unfortunately, I was kind of using that as my last hope that Summer may still be alive.

I don't understand why LE isn't shutting CM down. I really do believe he would if they asked. Somewhere in that interview lies the truth so why are they letting him run with it? I can only come to the conclusion that it's beneficial to the investigation rather than a hindrance.

I believe parents in CPS cases are assigned one - similar to a public defender.

If they did actually hire an attorney for a reason other than the CPS case, my guess is that the attorney would have ceased representation by now.
Ohhh.. I did not realize CPS appoints an attorney to clients.

Luckily, I have never had to deal with CPS so had no idea.

Thanks for the info. :)

Yes, those were DW's words. I have found DW frightening from Day One. Now my sense is that he is very dangerous and full of hate. I would't be in the same room with this person, never mind want my daughter or granddaughter within a mile of him.
I agree. For all of his talk about his belief in god and his guardian angel, he’s full of venom. Scary!

I realize all cases are different and therefore the allowed or expected timeframes are vastly different as well, but what is the average length of time it generally takes parents to get their children back when they have been removed by CPS? Or does anyone know if there is a set time for how long children can be in CPS care before rights are terminated or does that time vary with each case as well? The boys have been gone for quite some time now havent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member