Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #73 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You would want to remain married to a piece of work who withheld from LE potential motive for murder and would still be in hiding if LE hadn't discovered HIM?

To me, his lack of character borders on criminal. I would not stay married to such a person. He cheats, he hides, he's completely self-centered.

Does he remind you of anyone else in this case?

And his last name is Libler, he lives in MI and he has 6(!) children who are impacted by his actions.

JMO

And he knows how to hide from LE when he has no desire to be found by them.. would suck for her and LE if BM isn't the only horrible husband here, IYKWIM. JMO

I 100% believe that BM told the daughters about the affair a long time ago. I’m even starting to think he partially confessed to his daughters.. I can see him crying and playing the victim, that he accidentally killed her during a fight about her lover. Maybe he showed them the texts between them where she’s saying she wants a divorce, him telling her he loves her and that she’s his angel, and of him going as far as contemplating suicidal, but assuring her “she and the girls would be taken care of”… playing to their emotions, even saying he wishes it was him that died that night rather than her. Apologizing profusely, using religion to go as far as to say if one person is saved from this, SM would want it this way.. He can’t confess to LE because they’ll never believe him, it looks like he had motive, he’d go to prison for life, and never get to see his daughters outside of prison again (walk his daughters down the aisle, play w grandkids, see them grow up to be beautiful women just like their mom, etc.)
—-all things he robbed Suzanne of—-

I could see and even understand them forgiving him if he spun it right and they’ve been under his manipulative ways their whole lives.
It’s the most logical reason I can think of for them sticking by him. I know logic isn’t always front and center, but this is my opinion at the moment.
Thoughts??
Very plausible. Imagine hearing your father confess to threatening suicide over his wife's affair. Lost Mom. Need to keep Dad safe. That's a heavy burden to untangle from when your adult lives are just starting.
JMO

I 100% believe that BM told the daughters about the affair a long time ago. I’m even starting to think he partially confessed to his daughters.. I can see him crying and playing the victim, that he accidentally killed her during a fight about her lover. Maybe he showed them the texts between them where she’s saying she wants a divorce, him telling her he loves her and that she’s his angel, and of him going as far as contemplating suicidal, but assuring her “she and the girls would be taken care of”… playing to their emotions, even saying he wishes it was him that died that night rather than her. Apologizing profusely, using religion to go as far as to say if one person is saved from this, SM would want it this way.. He can’t confess to LE because they’ll never believe him, it looks like he had motive, he’d go to prison for life, and never get to see his daughters outside of prison again (walk his daughters down the aisle, play w grandkids, see them grow up to be beautiful women just like their mom, etc.)
—-all things he robbed Suzanne of—-

I could see and even understand them forgiving him if he spun it right. Sounds like they’ve been under his manipulative ways their whole lives.
It’s the most logical reason I can think of for them sticking by him. I know logic isn’t always front and center, but this is my opinion at the moment.
Thoughts??

I can see that. Adding to that, I bet he painted it as Suzanne doesn't love or care about us anymore, she's a huzzy, putting Suzanne in the worst possible light, bringing up any old issues the girls may have in the past with their mom, just twisting their memories of their mother. I see BM as being Good Time Charley dad and Suzanne being the down-to-earth rules parent and I can see BM using that to his full advantage.

That's a heavy burden to put on two young women who have lost their mother, no matter what happened to her.

MOO

BM's 4 Wheeler?

@sk716 Thanks for zeroing in on this pic of 4 wheeler. Anyone know when he bought this? If pre-arrest, he sold/transferred/loaned it to someone indefinitely? If sold, when?* Or does he still own it, presumably in storage unit or at friend's house? Anyone? TiA.

I wonder if if it was listed in any search warrant. If 4 wheeler was ref'ed in hearing, I missed any tweet about it. Maybe we'll learn more Aug 23-24?

* Iiuc, driving these vehicles on public roads is illegal; they are not issued CO license plates, so ownership cannot be tracked that way.
I think I remember seeing the 4 wheeler tipped at an angle of the back of the trailer that also had the Bobcat and a collection of antlers on it for the move from Indiana to Colorado.

ETA: Here's the link to an earlier post which has a screenshot of that trailer:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #56 *ARREST*

Last edited:
Thank you @Niner, @OldCop, @oviedo for all the time and effort you put into creating the timeline.

Here is what I am trying to understand: BM contacts MM1 @12:05 and then there is no further familial contact until Mr. Ritter contacts him at 5:15 to tell him Suzanne is missing. Why did they leave Barry out of the loop leading up to 5:15? Obviously the girls were concerned; they contacted MM2's boyfriend to check out the house, they contacted their friend's step mother, brought the neighbors into the loop. Why not Barry?

Maybe he was in airplane mode and couldn't be reached which would be weird since you told your wife to call you back in your mother's day text, but you hadn't heard back from her yet... wouldn't he be expecting a call from her, but nobody can reach him. Weird.

Jmo

So as for a trial.
Police what did you do yesterday and last night?
Ate dinner, had a perfect night, went to bed, set my alarm for 4:30am, left at 5am.

2:44 scramble around house
Unk time decouple trailer, detrailer Bobcat
5:30.Disconnect battery which wipes truck memory
9:30.+
Move truck back 95ft
3:26am Go to the junction of 225 and 50
4:30 go into airplane mode
5:37 pass Beuna Vista on time per plan to leave at 5am.

8:00am + pulls off route to HIE into an RTD stop loop (4 minutes from the hotel) stays for 2 minutes at the trash location.
And so on and on.

Maybe a floozy can't get justice, but when the husband lies about so many things, she at least deserves he go on trial.

Last edited:
Ex-FBI Agent Believes Suzanne Morphew's Husband Was 'Chasing' Her Around Home Before She Vanished
Investigators found a tranquilizer cap in the dryer of the home where Suzanne and Barry Morphew lived

By KC Baker
August 16, 2021 03:10 PM
snipped

BM allegedly told the agent that he shot chipmunks after he got home, Grusing said, Fox21 News and KDVR reports.

But Grusing testified he believes BM "did something" to Suzanne when he got home and was "chasing" her around the home, Fox 21 reports.
At 3:25 a.m., data shows BM's truck in the area where Suzanne's bike was later found, investigators say, KDVR reports.

SM's phone stopped sending signals at 4:20 a.m.

BM then went on to Broomfield, where he said he had a construction job, Fox21 News reports.
-----------
edited for initials - nothing new here really but they have the same error regarding the time on the AA (2:47am v. 2:47pm)

more at link

If the helmet was found in the home, I'm pretty sure we'd have heard much more about that.
I think Lauren said “no blood on the helmet in the house” if irc. So yes likely as you indicated she could have meant no blood on helmet OR in the house. Other option could be there was another helmet/s in the house - maybe belonging to the girls etc. At this point it does not seem it is referring to THE helmet of Suzanne’s we have seen in the pics that BM described as “ baby blue” aka teal.

So I guess JP was mistaken when he said Barry was in the store buying chlorine at around 4, 5, or 6:00 pm?
Yes because he heard the story of BM being at the spa store from the same people LE asked. If they were mistaken when they told LE, I would imagine they were still mistaken when they talked to JP about BMs visit to the store.

Thank you @Niner, @OldCop, @oviedo for all the time and effort you put into creating the timeline.

Here is what I am trying to understand: BM contacts MM1 @12:05 and then there is no further familial contact until Mr. Ritter contacts him at 5:15 to tell him Suzanne is missing. Why did they leave Barry out of the loop leading up to 5:15? Obviously the girls were concerned; they contacted MM2's boyfriend to check out the house, they contacted their friend's step mother, brought the neighbors into the loop. Why not Barry?
Exactly, @Hair of the Dog. When he called MM1 at 2:06 did he ask her if she had spoken to her mother that day? Maybe she mentioned to him that she hadn’t heard from her mother. Did he tell her that maybe she had gone for a bike ride?
My theory? BM stopped answering calls and texts because it was TOO SOON.
His plan was to have the daughters arrive home, find SM missing, and raise the alarm. He was not supposed to be involved. His neighbor was not supposed to be involved. It appears the daughters were running later than expected so they became concerned before they actually got home. When they couldn’t reach BM, they called the neighbor.
When Ritter called at 5:15, it became unavoidable. He had to act alarmed. Had to scramble to get in the truck and drive home ASAP. Except he didn’t. At 6:00 pm he was still going into and out of the lobby at the HIE, busily carrying hand tools, that his workers couldn’t use, to dump on the hand cart. He might as well have waved at the lobby cameras yelling, “Hi! It’s me! I’m busy in Broomfield. Look elsewhere for a suspect!”
MOO

I think Lauren said “no blood on the helmet in the house” if irc. So yes likely as you indicated she could have meant no blood on helmet OR in the house. Other option could be there was another helmet/s in the house - maybe belonging to the girls etc. At this point it does not seem it is referring to THE helmet of Suzanne’s we have seen in the pics that BM described as “ baby blue” aka teal.
That is a really good point. I would bet there were multiple helmets. Perhaps he grabbed the wrong helmet when he grabbed the bike.
But when they searched the house, they found her helmet? There is something up with this helmet? IMO

I wonder if that is complete, or not. Could it just be partial info?
I was also imagining more of a relay/tag effort.
I was also wondering earlier, if after BM was informed that Suzanne was missing, did he try to call her?
If I got a call that my husband went missing, the first thing I would do is try to call him.
It maybe wouldn't make logical sense, but I'd automatically do it anyway.

jmoo
The defense brought up in the prelim that he tried calling SM several times on his way home from Broomfield. He received no answer of course. If he is a good student in his studies of true crime, he would know he had to make some calls to her phone. If he studied further though, he would learn that that ruse has been tried and failed.

It sounds to me like
No blood on the helmet < PAUSE as in comma> in the
house.
She just left out the word OR .
She’s reading her shorthand notes from the hearing.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member