AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is an excellent video from John Kelly Profiler. He was an FBI profiler before he retired.

At the beginning he talks about the book he wrote. But, it is relevant to the main topic of the video which is the Summer Wells case.

I particularly liked the last one. The car photo of Summer with the milk has always concerned me, something about it just didn’t sit well. I just had a “lightbulb” moment after watching him talk about it. Aside from the clothes being worn on such a hot day they were her special first day of school clothes. I’m not able to say this delicately but just thinking when a loved one passes you want send them to rest in their best clothes.

Moo...I do come from this kinda history...but there was a nice house and nice furniture. Do not know who..but I was about 2....after that I was easy pickings I freeze.. So stepsister probably got taught young... guess DW got taught young also.....moo

Thread is closed until morning.

200.gif

I particularly liked the last one. The car photo of Summer with the milk has always concerned me, something about it just didn’t sit well. I just had a “lightbulb” moment after watching him talk about it. Aside from the clothes being worn on such a hot day they were her special first day of school clothes. I’m not able to say this delicately but just thinking when a loved one passes you want send them to rest in their best clothes.

Ugh. I have felt the same way.

You also want to wear nice clothes when you meet someone and want to make a good impression.

The truth behind child sex trafficking in Tenn. | How and where it happens | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

“In more rural areas, especially in East Tennessee, we see a lot of familial trafficking in disadvantaged areas, areas where there is a lot of drug addiction, poverty,” said Smith.

Familial? Yes, family-based.

That means the most common way for children to be trafficked in the state of Tennessee is not through abduction or kidnapping. For the overwhelming majority of cases, it starts in the home or with someone the child trusts.

“The movie-style abduction where the white van is gonna snatch you out of a T.J. Maxx parking lot, that is an extremely small percent of what we see. Does it happen? Yes. But that is not usually our main issue,” said Special Agent Lofquest.

TBI looked into about 100 cases of human trafficking in 2019 statewide and received over 700 tips to their hotline. For 2020 so far, they have already received nearly 600; meaning the trend of reporting is going up.

“Some of the red flags, you can have a person or a child that is unusually fearful, anxious or submissive in the setting they are in. Showing signs of physical abuse,” said Special Agent Lofquest. “Another one is that they are being obviously monitored or controlled or they are almost guarded by someone else, maybe an adult that is or is not a family member.”

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

If you're talking about the thing with John Kelly, he mostly spoke in general terms about how substance abuse often leads to child abuse. The only thing he really said about this case is that it seemed "dark" and "evil", whatever that means. How can you sense "darkness" in a picture? He also thinks her disappearance had SOMETHING to do with drugs... whether she was abducted by a druggie, had an accident because she wasn't being watched because of drugs, etc. He also thought it was concerning that CB has given up her kids in the past.

I didn't think the video was particularly informative or helpful. I prefer facts to generic feelings of "darkness".

Last edited by a moderator:
From Profiling Evil 16 Aug, last night.

Timestamp 37:00 Dr. Amy discusses "Familial Trafficking", ie within the family. Rife in Eastern Tennessee, and 65% of the time it is done by the female parent.

54:00 Dr. Amy discusses the "Family Bed" and how it is approached. The baby, child, does not sleep between the father and mother, and the practice is short lived, does not carry on for months and years. More at link.

Also other questions about the Summer Wells case continue on to end of program.

Approved for comment by mod.Also, transcript is available at link.

Last edited:
From Profiling Evil 16 Aug, last night.

Timestamp 37:00 Dr. Amy discusses "Familial Trafficking", ie within the family. Rife in Eastern Tennessee, and 65% of the time it is done by the female parent.

54:00 Dr. Amy discusses the "Family Bed" and how it is approached. The baby, child, does not sleep between the father and mother, and the practice is short lived, does not carry on for months and years. More at link.

Also other questions about the Summer Wells case continue on to end of program.

Approved for comment by mod.Also, transcript is available at link.

Thanks for the link, @NuttMegg !
Interesting , esp. about familial trafficking.
I've wondered before if it happened more by people known to the victim vs random strangers ?
Almost more frightening to be trafficked by a family member than a stranger kidnapping you.
The betrayal would be unfathomable.
Imo.

Have we done a poll lately as to where everyone is falling on this case?
I don't feel like a particularly stubborn person, but I am still in the lane I was in when H started saying early on that she had been under water. And the fogginess about just who, exactly, saw Summer moving while dropping H off. And why there was such a sense of emergency (IMO) to plant succulents on a hot day, but no pics of Summer doing that. And why nothing has added up, re Don's statements. I might change my mind if it is ever confirmed how many hours he was at work that day. And a believable explanation of why he needed 4WD at least part off the day. And why he said that no one was at home that day. Until then....nothing has changed since the first week, for me. Just solidified. Leaving me with just the same few options as to what the final outcome was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member