SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know they found something though…even if it’s not buried cars, right?!
The statement from SLED was...

"The rumor referencing vehicles being unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs is unfounded. SLED has inquired with local Lowcountry law enforcement and has found no credibility to the rumors currently circulating online."

So it says "unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs". Makes one wonder if information on a vehicle once owned is what they found?

"The rumor referencing vehicles being unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs is unfounded. SLED has inquired with local Lowcountry law enforcement and has found no credibility to the rumors currently circulating online."

So it says "unearthed on property owned by the Murdaughs". Makes one wonder if information on a vehicle once owned is what they found?

This could be just online legend but I wonder if LE has acted on the info and checked for themselves for a car or just dismissing it and moving on? I don’t get leaving any stone unturned.

It is behind a paywall.
Anyone have a subscription?

https://twitter.com/islandpacket/status/1427707994893131778?s=21

“Paul steadfastly maintained that he wasn’t driving when it crashed,” his lawyer said. Before Murdaugh died, attorneys planned to point out inconsistencies in the evidence.

Heres what PM defense lawyers planned to argue during boat crash trial.

It is behind a paywall.
Anyone have a subscription?

https://twitter.com/islandpacket/status/1427707994893131778?s=21

“Paul steadfastly maintained that he wasn’t driving when it crashed,” his lawyer said. Before Murdaugh died, attorneys planned to point out inconsistencies in the evidence.

Heres what PM defense lawyers planned to argue during boat crash trial.

It looks more and more like Paul and his lawyers were going to (with the help of LE) drop the blame on somebody else. That could be a motive?

I can see why his friends were concerned with getting framed. That was apparent immediately at the hospital when Alex told them not to give info.
I think the current release of tapes and notes from the accident has revealed
that police may not have acurately recorded what they heard. AM and the elder M's behavoir in the hospital also suggests skullduggerous moves by Dad and Grandpa to make sure no one reported anything against PM. IMO, PM was going to go down hard.

Massey’s bill would alter that language to let juries consider all the people or entities who might have contributed to the injury when deciding what portion of the damages they each need to pay.”

just interesting, moo

That is interesting.

I wonder who was backing Massey's Bill, which would expand the number of lawsuit targets to include those not even named in the suit?

The family's lawsuit firm was evidently very instrumental in establishing a creative local procedural rule that allows suits originating from out of area or out of state to be filed in the firm's home county.

Thus, I would not be surprised if the family was inclined towards legislative creativity for future lawsuit targets via supporting or perhaps even indirectly sponsoring Massey's bill.

Last edited:

If you read this very literally, it seems not to deny “vehicles being unearthed,” but that other aspects of rumors have no credibility — rumors that cars connect to cases in the news, etc. The rumors are unfounded not that the cars are being unearthed? JMO.

Anyone else read it that way?

If you read this very literally, it seems not to deny “vehicles being unearthed,” but that other aspects of rumors have no credibility — rumors that cars connect to cases in the news, etc. The rumors are unfounded not that the cars are being unearthed? JMO.

Anyone else read it that way?

To me it sounds like very little effort has went into actually looking into this, alleged rumor or not. They just inquired with local LE. As I said above, it could be just gossip but why not check?

To me it sounds like very little effort has went into actually looking into this, alleged rumor or not. They just inquired with local LE. As I said above, it could be just gossip but why not check?

Because they might find something. Can't have that. JK. Why did that rumor get started? Why would they need to hide a vehicle that way?

Maybe a kernel or two of truths in the rumors? What were they looking for right off the road in the swamp hours after the tip line was activated? What did they find, if anything? Once that tip line was up and running, I'm sure a few interesting things were brought to light, maybe the location/ownership of SS vehicle or weapon (bat?) being a couple? Something was uncovered and I don't think it was all just testimony because that was already on the record (Murdaugh name mentioned 40-ish times in LE's SS reports).

With this little crusade that SLED has embarked on to squash rumors, they seem to be not understanding that there will be much more speculation, guessing, and even crazy conspiracies that will continue to float thru the community and of course online. Even this release about the rumors seems a bit empty without some progress being made on solving this mess. Is this going to be their objective now, a PR campaign against FB groups?

When does a case officially become a cold case. I know it's still early days but just curious.

Good question. I scratched a bit online and didn’t see a set period of time. Some articles I found just mentioned when info is lacking or no action taken. I wonder what the official criteria are myself. Whatever it is, this case seems well on the way to that status.

Because they might find something. Can't have that. JK. Why did that rumor get started? Why would they need to hide a vehicle that way?

Where there is smoke there usually is fire. I doubt it’s a vehicle but they said something was at the property that caused them to reopen the SS case.

Anyone recall blue paint that was mentioned upthread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater