Found Deceased CA - Matthew Thoke, 43, hiking, separated from group, Sequoia National Park, 21 Jul 2021

His body has been found in an area not highly visible. My prayers to his family. Body of missing 43-year-old hiker found in Sequoia National Park

Snipped from above & BBM below...
...Thoke had been missing since July 21, and search and rescue organizations had been employing helicopters and ground teams involving a total of 75 people. But with “terrain so steep, densely vegetated, and full of tripping and slipping hazards” even experienced rescuers were having difficulty.

...In the end, Thoke was found “not far from where he was last seen.

Some will find this to be off topic so scroll on if you like.

O.C. man who went missing in Sequoia National Park last month found dead | KTLA

We are not able to share more details at this time and ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy,” officials said in a tweet.

SBM Bold by OP
I don't understand this. They clearly are ABLE to share details but are unwilling. Don't they owe it to we the public to explain after they appealed for help and expended public resources? Facts are facts. We're just going to speculate anyway, might as well just say it. IMO

Some will find this to be off topic so scroll on if you like.

SBM Bold by OP
I don't understand this. They clearly are ABLE to share details but are unwilling. Don't they owe it to we the public to explain after they appealed for help and expended public resources? Facts are facts. We're just going to speculate anyway, might as well just say it. IMO
Here’s the thing. Many times we never hear details. It’s because there’s something that the family doesn’t want disclosed. It could be lots of things that would paint the deceased in a poor light. We the public are not owed anything in my opinion. It’s their loved one. We may be grieving in our own weird way, but it’s not the same. It’s hard for me, not knowing details, but I try to put myself in their shoes. I know I didn’t scroll on by your post; I feel your frustration. It’s just that... sometimes it’s to personal to share with the world. Jmo and all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back