IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing his court schedule forward.

08/31/2021 = Hearing on Motion for Change of Venue
Session: 08/31/2021 11:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer,

09/17/2021 = Pretrial Conference
Session: 07/16/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 09/17/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer,

10/19/2021 = Jury Trial
Session: 08/10/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 08/17/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 08/18/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 10/19/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer,

wow so everything is moved even though the change of venue hasn't even been heard?

Could the JBC connection to Abby & Libby murder be kept top secret? It seems he and his lawyer are already foreseeing a media frenzy, and to our knowledge he is only connected to the crime he was arrested for. If he is BG there will be such media attention…plus other unsolved crimes could be solved and connected.

I thought that JBC might be a possibility, but I think he'd have been charged by now. He also doesn't resemble to NBG sketch.

I think there are possibly more crimes involved and because the investigations may not be finished, this could taking more time. JBC did not just 3 months ago at the age of 40 decide to become a child predator and killer..which by the way, he did try to kill that child..so there is that.. Also if you have not looked at some of his Facebook photos you should take a look . he has many looks..mOO

I found this helpful; I have no ties to this office:
What Are the Typical Steps in a Criminal Case? | The Law Office of Ross G. Thomas

[snips]
Initial Hearing
When a person is charged with a criminal offense in Indiana, his or her first appearance in court is called an "Initial Hearing". If you do not have an attorney, the court will generally inquire as to your intention to hire an attorney and will advise you of your right to have an attorney appointed if you cannot afford to hire private counsel. In most cases, a preliminary plea of not guilty is entered on your behalf at the initial hearing.

Discovery
Once your attorney enters an appearance on your behalf, he or she will request from the prosecutor a list of witnesses, copies of any and all police reports, statements from any alleged victims and witnesses, and any physical evidence that the State intends to use against you. This evidence is known as "Discovery".

Investigation
In addition to reviewing the discovery provided by the State, many cases require that additional evidence be gathered that will assist with the defense of your case. This can include locating and interviewing potential witnesses, taking photographs, gathering potential evidence, and submitting evidence to experts for evaluation and testing.

Pretrial Motions
In some cases, a good defense is not based upon what the State can prove at trial, but instead, is based upon determining what evidence will be admissible at trial. For example, in some cases evidence that was obtained through an illegal search can be suppressed; that is, not allowed to be used in court against you. It may also be to your advantage to have your trial separated from a co-defendant or to ask for a change of venue if circumstances make finding an impartial jury difficult. These matters are addressed through the filing of pre-trial motions.

Plea Negotiations
The Trial
Sentencing

I think there are possibly more crimes involved and because the investigations may not be finished, this could taking more time. JBC did not just 3 months ago at the age of 40 decide to become a child predator and killer..which by the way, he did try to kill that child..so there is that.. Also if you have not looked at some of his Facebook photos you should take a look . he has many looks..mOO
I think JBC is the BG. Just can’t figure how he’s got away with it this long.

sex crimes are always about power..and these kinds of murders are always about sex.

mOO
Yes and it sickens me that he needs little girls to feel that power over. In his recent attack on the nine year old in his home, it was said that he “attempted to have sex with her, but ended up making her perform oral sex on him”.
I wonder if he has a “performance” problem. Oral sex with a condom would also prevent his DNA from being left behind. IMO

yes! and that person would have no idea of possible evidence in that car ...what a nightmare! maybe the person who loaned that car out has a garage space just nearby..maybe he doesn't even know someone used it that day..so many variables could happen this way...
what if the killer took one of the girls to a garage space and then brought her back and killed her? if it was close by how long could that take..? The police say it all happened very fast..but I wonder what could have been accomplished in 1.5 hours or so...honestly how would we know? there's that TOD discrepancy too...

I think JBC killed the girls. But I don't rule out him having a car somehow because some trusting person let him use a vehicle..
He also has had quite a few vehicles according to his Facebook..he gets rid of cars pretty frequently and sometimes it looks as though he used a bike to get around.

Both girls were killed at the same spot, but that doesn't mean it was at the same time. I know they say it was over quickly so it's hard to ascertain what is meant by that statement . if the whole thing was over in 1.5 hours , that is quite lot of time, actually..

also I liked the suggestion that someone made saying he may have actually passed the girls and then come back..maybe he did not follow them or scope them out from the parking lot at all..

because of everything I have seen on JBC's Facebook, and I'm no shrink..I really believe he fits into this case organically...

mOO
I think I saw on his Facebook page, a picture of a red pick up truck that he said was owned by his boss. Another photo had a photo of his old car. I am a puzzled at how this repeat criminal, who spent so much time in jail, could afford a house, various cars, cell phone, computer, camping gear, tattoos and big dangerous dogs! His metal working job couldn’t have paid him that well. IMO

In other cases, it seems like that kind of person is able to turn on charm when he wants to, and then flip to scary and angry in a second.
That's how Chadwell seems to be, imo, according to his FB musings.

He will post things that seem and sound sympathetic and compassionate, and I could see him being able to mimic 'normal' behaviour to people he meets. I think he is able to go on a tinder date, for example, and act somewhat normal for long enough to get a woman back to her place.

But he also posts very dark creepy thoughts that reveal his scary side.

I think I saw on his Facebook page, a picture of a red pick up truck that he said was owned by his boss. Another photo had a photo of his old car. I am a puzzled at how this repeat criminal, who spent so much time in jail, could afford a house, various cars, cell phone, computer, camping gear, tattoos and big dangerous dogs! His metal working job couldn’t have paid him that well. IMO
I think he learned welding in prison and you can make OK money as a good welder.

He didn't own that house. He rented it and I believe he was possibly renting from a family member. It was the 1st time he ever had his own place to live alone, I believe. Which is what got him arrested so quickly because I think his earlier crimes were done out in remote areas. No connections to him left behind.

But bringing a 9 yr old into his home, in broad daylight after being seen by others talking to her in his yard? Very bad move.

His big dangerous dogs were rescues. He talked about it on his FB. His various cars were work projects, which he fixed up himself I believe.

He did have immediate family that seemed supportive of him, before finding out what a sicko he is. So he probably got some help and hand me down camping gear etc...

Yes and it sickens me that he needs little girls to feel that power over. In his recent attack on the nine year old in his home, it was said that he “attempted to have sex with her, but ended up making her perform oral sex on him”.
I wonder if he has a “performance” problem. Oral sex with a condom would also prevent his DNA from being left behind. IMO
He is also an alcoholic (based on his FB posts and family interviews) so that could explain his performance issues

That's how Chadwell seems to be, imo, according to his FB musings.

He will post things that seem and sound sympathetic and compassionate, and I could see him being able to mimic 'normal' behaviour to people he meets. I think he is able to go on a tinder date, for example, and act somewhat normal for long enough to get a woman back to her place.

But he also posts very dark creepy thoughts that reveal his scary side.

It was really quite strange when I was going through his Facebook photos (and I think I saw nearly all of them). There would be a series of nature photos and cuddling his dog and I'd think "Aw, this guy is really kind of sweet," and then I'd stumble over one of the others and be like, "Okay, I need a shower now. With very hot water and a scrub brush."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10