Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, the info in the article is difficult to read and absorb. If Duggar's wife is aware of any of this and still wants to stay with him then I can only hope she guards her children well.

I can't see any way Anna could continue to believe Josh didn't download and view this material. She may be willfully ignorant but I doubt mom and dad Duggar are as gullible. MOO.
What's even more disgusting is the judge who has the power and allows it. MOO

Are any members of this family still making money, either on a tv show or through their religious businesses? If so, how can people give money to them?

I am not a Duggar expert and I have my own reasons for why I have never seen the show. <modsnip - show is off topic to Josh’s specific charges>

I believe that Josh’s income and his patents’ income derives, in part, from residential & commercial real estate. If a civil suit against Josh arises from this, I am curious to see the breakdown of Duggar family assets from a tax liability perspective.

I have zero knowledge of their “religious businesses.”

Show: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/07/30/duggars-canceled-tlc/

Example of some of Josh’s finances: Josh Duggar ordered to pay thousands in lawsuit as family lives in warehouse

Last edited by a moderator:
What's even more disgusting is the judge who has the power and allows it. MOO

Josh is the disgusting one, not the judge IMO. Judge can’t order the children removed based on a CSAM allegation. Josh can’t be alone with his children, per bail requirements. Not much more the judge can do, at least at this time IMO.

Josh is the disgusting one, not the judge IMO. Judge can’t order the children removed based on a CSAM allegation. Josh can’t be alone with his children, per bail requirements. Not much more the judge can do, at least at this time IMO.
I realize the Judge’s hands were tied but couldn’t he have ordered visitation to be supervised at a visitation center where the children’s safety would be assured? Let’s face it, the people around Josh didn’t do much of anything to protect his siblings when he was molesting them.

So if he used the same password for this as he did for banking and other benign activities…that’s a rather strong piece of evidence against him, right? Is he going to claim that he was “hacked” and the hacker used his password to access/plant CSAM but left his bank account and social media untouched? I’m curious to see how he’ll explain the password.

Really, the only option is to throw the other people who had access to the computer under the bus, and create "reasonable doubt". I would totally accept that Josh Duggar kept his passwords to his computer on a sticky note on the monitor. In a heartbeat.

The problem is that he is also nailed by his cellphone pinpointing him in the same vicinity of the computer when the CSAM material was downloaded.

So, now he would have to implicate someone who may have also used his cellphone.

The investigation is really nailed down tight here.

Really, the only option is to throw the other people who had access to the computer under the bus, and create "reasonable doubt". I would totally accept that Josh Duggar kept his passwords to his computer on a sticky note on the monitor. In a heartbeat.

The problem is that he is also nailed by his cellphone pinpointing him in the same vicinity of the computer when the CSAM material was downloaded.

So, now he would have to implicate someone who may have also used his cellphone.

The investigation is really nailed down tight here.
If the password was only for the work computer, then maybe that could be some reasonable doubt. But since it his password for his private banking and other things, then less RD IMO. I think they’re trying to blame this all on the mysterious ‘Randy.’ And I don’t think ‘Randy’ would have access to his banking stuff. Also that place is tiny! If they have the cell phone proof that Josh was there, I don’t think ‘Randy’ would be able to access the CSAM w/o Josh being around.
(Rubs hands together) I can’t wait for this to go to trial or for him to plead guilty.

If the password was only for the work computer, then maybe that could be some reasonable doubt. But since it his password for his private banking and other things, then less RD IMO. I think they’re trying to blame this all on the mysterious ‘Randy.’ And I don’t think ‘Randy’ would have access to his banking stuff. Also that place is tiny! If they have the cell phone proof that Josh was there, I don’t think ‘Randy’ would be able to access the CSAM w/o Josh being around.
(Rubs hands together) I can’t wait for this to go to trial or for him to plead guilty.
Does anyone think he’ll plead guilty?

I don’t think he will. Even if Josh himself had a notion to plead and just get it over with, JB & M would never go along. Allowing Anna and the children to stay at a Duggar property gives them another means of control over Josh and they desperately want a NG verdict so they can try to hop back on the money train. IMO that train has left the station permanently.

I’m pretty confident he’ll be found guilty and sentenced to the max.

I don’t think he will. Even if Josh himself had a notion to plead and just get it over with, JB & M would never go along. Allowing Anna and the children to stay at a Duggar property gives them another means of control over Josh and they desperately want a NG verdict so they can try to hop back on the money train. IMO that train has left the station permanently.

I find that TLC cutting the family so quickly based on charges, for a family member, Josh, who was not even a part of the current show, means that TLC was pretty much done with the family.

After all, charges are not a conviction. Based on TLC actions, they have already decided Josh Duggar is guilty of the charges. And even if Josh Duggar is not part of the current show, TLC seems to be done with this family.

Which is surprising, because Josh is pretty much a driver of publicity.

I agree that he will not plead guilty. I also agree he will be found guilty, especially after reading the government's latest brief. I wish I could say I'm confident he will receive the maximum sentence but I'm not there yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his guilty plea or verdict is followed-up with “I can minister to the real criminals while I’m wrongfully imprisoned.”

Josh’s problem is that CSAM is very bad. I think some were willing to give the molestation a “pass” (not the right word) because he was young and raised in an insular environment and some victims stated they forgave him. And Ashley Madison got a similar “pass” because adultery isn’t uncommon, the Philadelphia plaintiff basically went away*, Josh apologized, and he lost his lobbyist job. But CSAM is where a lot of people draw the line. Heck, occasionally there’s a laptop thief who turns himself in because he found CSAM on it.

So that leaves him with a few options IMO: (1) he’ll be found guilty and will assemble a small cadre of vocal sympathizers railing against some conspiracy, (2) he will plead guilty to protect his family and proclaim innocence and develop a prison ministry, (3) will admit to it for some higher purpose, like research in preparation for starting an anti-trafficking charity** or (4) will admit to it but not without a lot of blaming, deflecting, quasi-scientific addiction studies, and “devil made me do it.”

I’ve left out the possibility that he will be found not guilty. As to #1, I don’t think he’s ambitious enough to run a “conspiracy” campaign. Right now, I think he’ll plead guilty but proclaim innocence.

*I’m not minimizing her allegations and I do believe the substance of her allegations.

** Hat’s off to these nuns fighting for kids: A hidden army of ‘very brave’ nuns fight child trafficking

I know this is NOT what you are saying but I just wanted to note that Josh is the one who has the final say on a plea: Josh is the client, even if he isn’t footing the bill; ie the attorney’s duty is to the client, not the parents or someone else. Does it always work like this in practice? Probably not.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his guilty plea or verdict is followed-up with “I can minister to the real criminals while I’m wrongfully imprisoned.”

Josh’s problem is that CSAM is very bad. I think some were willing to give the molestation a “pass” (not the right word) because he was young and raised in an insular environment and some victims stated they forgave him. And Ashley Madison got a similar “pass” because adultery isn’t uncommon, the Philadelphia plaintiff basically went away*, Josh apologized, and he lost his lobbyist job. But CSAM is where a lot of people draw the line. Heck, occasionally there’s a laptop thief who turns himself in because he found CSAM on it.

So that leaves him with a few options IMO: (1) he’ll be found guilty and will assemble a small cadre of vocal sympathizers railing against some conspiracy, (2) he will plead guilty to protect his family and proclaim innocence and develop a prison ministry, (3) will admit to it for some higher purpose, like research in preparation for starting an anti-trafficking charity** or (4) will admit to it but not without a lot of blaming, deflecting, quasi-scientific addiction studies, and “devil made me do it.”

I’ve left out the possibility that he will be found not guilty. As to #1, I don’t think he’s ambitious enough to run a “conspiracy” campaign. Right now, I think he’ll plead guilty but proclaim innocence.

*I’m not minimizing her allegations and I do believe the substance of her allegations.

** Hat’s off to these nuns fighting for kids: A hidden army of ‘very brave’ nuns fight child trafficking
All of the “passes” given to Josh have come back to haunt. I agree with everything you said but I just can’t see him admitting he downloaded those images.

Anna is already trying to lay the conspiracy groundwork. Now that they’re cut off from the TLC money, JB and M will surely be looking for a way to turn a profit from this. Perhaps a book about the “conspiracy to persecute” Josh.

I think he should be looking to cut a good deal. But I don’t think he will. I just can’t see him ever admitting it. If he’s found guilty, he’ll probably blame Christian persecution while maintaining his innocence. I really dislike the Alford plea so I hope they don’t offer that.
I think if he goes to trial, he’ll be found guilty. I don’t think he’ll get the max; guessing 1-3 years (just from stuff I’ve read. IANAL).

I think he should be looking to cut a good deal. But I don’t think he will. I just can’t see him ever admitting it. If he’s found guilty, he’ll probably blame Christian persecution while maintaining his innocence. I really dislike the Alford plea so I hope they don’t offer that.
I think if he goes to trial, he’ll be found guilty. I don’t think he’ll get the max; guessing 1-3 years (just from stuff I’ve read. IANAL).
I doubt he will get such a light sentence. Where have you read that he could get 1-3 years? He is facing 20 years on each count. Federal Sentencing of Child *advertiser censored*: Non-Production Offenses

I find that TLC cutting the family so quickly based on charges, for a family member, Josh, who was not even a part of the current show, means that TLC was pretty much done with the family.

After all, charges are not a conviction. Based on TLC actions, they have already decided Josh Duggar is guilty of the charges. And even if Josh Duggar is not part of the current show, TLC seems to be done with this family.

Which is surprising, because Josh is pretty much a driver of publicity.

TLC made their decision to protect their bottom line, regardless of whether they believe he's guilty. The Duggar name is poison now, so TLC needs to put as much distance as possible between it and the Duggars. We don't know what the execs think of JD or if they even care about the case.

I'm thinking that if Josh decides to go to trial, can you imagine the awful things that will come out? He's looking at a very long prison sentence in a federal prison if he is convicted, which I think he will be. I wonder if his main supporters will convince him to take a plea deal if one is offered just to avoid all the disgusting details that would be presented during a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee