Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)
————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70
Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

In reply to @Boxers post in previous thread
If she was gonna leave why didn't she do it on 6th May after dropping of one of the daughters in Gunnison? Why wait till the day before Mother's Day to do it? Makes absolutely no sense at all

Is a new thread the equivalent of taking the first piece of cake lol? I’m still fixated on where Suzanne was when Barry arrived at home, and if she would have heard him.
If Barry left his car door open....I am reasonably sure there was a reason for it. As already mentioned...he was a stalker/sneaker-upper. That is clearly his hunting skills/instincts at work, imo. Barry not only controlled his environment...he fashioned it in real time, imo. He had the gun in his possession by his own admission when he got home. Suzanne was there. What followed resulted in her disappearance. He was the last person to see her alive...and I don't think that was Sunday, either.

Airplane mode.

Going from memory....

Suzanne knew Barry was coming home. She alerted JL to switch to LinkedIn.....

Barry, his truck and his phone arrived at PP.... at 2:44.

He puts phone on airplane mode at 2:47.

Questions: was that a mistake? Did he mean to engage airplane mode at 2:44?

Did he mean to engage it PRIOR to leaving Salida?

Was he already dodging future tracking or was he using airplane mode at that point EXCLUSIVELY to elude Suzanne?

If so, again, was it a mistake on his part that he didn't airplane-mode it earlier OR was he playing games with Suzanne? Thrill of the hunt? Gave her a running headstart, as it were. "Honey, I'm home but I'm invisible to you. You'll never guess where I am."

It'll be JARRING, I expect, at trial if they synchronize Barry's phone movements with Suzanne's.....

JMO

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Is a new thread the equivalent of taking the first piece of cake lol? I’m still fixated on where Suzanne was when Barry arrived at home, and if she would have heard him.

I'm with you @DizzyB. :confused:

Did BM stand at the corner of the property, aim and shoot?

Once the dart penetrates SM's skin, does she stumble around like a wounded doe and drop to the ground?

Was BM's alleged zig-zaggy motion just BM going into "herd action" to contain his prey?

And then what?

Pick up a pillow and place it over her face?

Roll her limp body into a duffle, zip it closed, and carry her off?

Darn my memory - I better go back to town and pick up the spa supplies -- be right back?

Sorry, I'm not being flippant and mean no disrespect but I just can't wrap my head around the state's theory with the introduction of a tranquilizer.

All I see is a calculated, slow and frightening end for SM.

BM is a savage.

MOO

Last edited:
Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

I just noticed JL's last text to Suzanne. Went unanswered.

He asked about the weather.

Bing, bing, bing

To me, a veiled question -- is everything ok???? He knew it was tense. Knew Barry was coming back. Knew messaging stopped abruptly.

He may have been testing the water -- to make sure their conversation hadn't been compromised. Hijacked. If Suzanne had her phone, he might have expected an answer also in code like "cloudy and cold but nice enough" but if BARRY had eyes on her phone, it'd be a nice, tame, nothing of a question.

Are previous messages recorded, archived, still visible?

If only JL had the foresight and gumption to request a wellness check on Saturday afternoon, just for peace of mind.

If only

JMO

Barry Morphew told a friend his wife Suzanne slept with 'a man in a basement in November 2019' | Daily Mail Online

It mentions Johnson Village, has that been discussed as it doesn't sound familiar but there's been a lot of info

Not at all SM willingly hooking up with a dude in his basement near Johnson Village!

This awful headline was explained during the preliminary:

It was basically a "what if" told by BM where SM was abducted, being held captive in a basement where she could be raped just as authorities continued searching for her.

Not at all SM willingly hooking up with a dude in his basement near Johnson Village!

This awful headline was explained during the preliminary:

It was basically a "what if" told by BM where SM was abducted, being held captive in a basement where she could be raped just as authorities continued searching for her.

Yea, I was aiming for diplomatic, as DM not the most accurate on occasion, it was the 32 minute drive that put BM in Johnson Village at 5.37am May 10th that threw me as I didn't remember that being discussed

• During his first interview with Com. Walker, Morphew claimed that on Sunday morning he set his alarm for 4:30am. He claimed he had loaded the truck the night before and left the driveway around 5am.
  • It reportedly takes about 32 minutes to drive to Johnson Village from his home, according to Google directions.
  • Based on provided cell phone data, Morphew arrived in Johnson Village at 5:37am.
eta excerpt from article

In reply to @Boxers post in previous thread
If she was gonna leave why didn't she do it on 6th May after dropping of one of the daughters in Gunnison? Why wait till the day before Mother's Day to do it? Makes absolutely no sense at all

Makes no sense because it's false.

SM had her last chemo treatment October 2019.

She had an important, milestone appointment on Monday, May 11 - the day after Mother's Day.

There was no plan (by SM) to mysteriously vanish.

I just noticed JL's last text to Suzanne. Went unanswered.

He asked about the weather.

Bing, bing, bing

To me, a veiled question -- is everything ok???? He knew it was tense. Knew Barry was coming back. Knew messaging stopped abruptly.

He may have been testing the water -- to make sure their conversation hadn't been compromised. Hijacked. If Suzanne had her phone, he might have expected an answer also in code like "cloudy and cold but nice enough" but if BARRY had eyes on her phone, it'd be a nice, tame, nothing of a question.

Are previous messages recorded, archived, still visible?

If only JL had the foresight and gumption to request a wellness check on Saturday afternoon, just for peace of mind.

If only

JMO
Have we discussed whether BM did somehow hijack, intercept or was copied on SM's last message of her life to JL - resulting in a murderous rage?
He could have come on to over to where she was sun bathing. Brief conversation, and then he yonked her phone and started running around the back property reading the phone while she chased him trying to get it back.?? IMO Really need her data.

Bringing over from past thread
It's all pretty strange. I think it's pretty weird Suzanne was spying on Barry. Their marriage was clearly on the rocks when you both start spying on each other and lose all trust in each other. Such a sad, sad situation.

It's all pretty strange
Actually it’s all pretty textbook, if you follow crime for any length of time – on this forum or elsewhere. Or just listen to others who post on this forum who have had similar relationships IRL.
There have been many comparisons of this case to the personal and criminal dynamics of the Jennifer Dulos murder case in New Canaan CT. Others have cited other case as being very similar.
We recognize a lot of the patterns of behavior in this marriage – because we have seen them before – recurrent familiar issues. ALL IMO

I think it's pretty weird Suzanne was spying on Barry
We know from the prelim that Suzanne got the spy pen to try and catch Barry in an affair. We know from SM’s sister that there had been infidelity on BM’s part back in Indiana. SM was naively hoping for a fresh start in Colorado.
Sadly, often IME, life does not change because the scenery changes. “Wherever you go, there you are?” Right?
So, perhaps SM felt he was up to his old “tricks”, never home, putting his phone into airplane mode, back on tinder
etc and she decided to catch him in the act.
Spying on Barry was an attempt to empower herself in a situation where she felt powerless. Information often equals power. ALL IMO

Their marriage was clearly on the rocks when you both start spying on each other and lose all trust in each other. Such a sad, sad situation
On this one we totally agree. The marriage was a shambles. It seems like they would both want to move on. Suzanne definitely wanted OUT. But Barry would not hear of it.
After she went missing he called her his “Angel” and said he “loved her to death”.

But, your statement really does beg the question – Why in the world would Barry want to stay in this marriage ?

Many have speculated on this. His motives seem pretty clear – especially since Suzanne ends up dead right after she indicates that she is leaving - no more forgiveness - this time is for real. Barry call the shots – even what she wears.
The Indiana house sale was on the horizon. Suzanne was pushing to get her inheritance money from her Mom, paid back to her, from the sale of the house.
And down the line.... there would be an inheritance from Gene.
Barry was only fifty years old, living a financial “house of cards” ( we will see more of this coming up in the next half of the prelim and at trial) he desperately needed her money in order to continue to live the lifestyle he was accustomed to - which was now seemingly above his means

ALL IMO

Makes no sense because it's false.

SM had her last chemo treatment October 2019.

She had an important, milestone appointment on Monday, May 11 - the day after Mother's Day.

There was no plan (by SM) to mysteriously vanish.
She couldn’t have vanished in the first place, but the defense is also going to have to contend with that pesky appointment, which shows that she wouldn’t have taken off either.

Bringing over from past thread

It's all pretty strange
Actually it’s all pretty textbook, if you follow crime for any length of time – on this forum or elsewhere. Or just listen to others who post on this forum who have had similar relationships IRL.
There have been many comparisons of this case to the personal and criminal dynamics of the Jennifer Dulos murder case in New Canaan CT. Others have cited other case as being very similar.
We recognize a lot of the patterns of behavior in this marriage – because we have seen them before – recurrent familiar issues. ALL IMO

I think it's pretty weird Suzanne was spying on Barry
We know from the prelim that Suzanne got the spy pen to try and catch Barry in an affair. We know from SM’s sister that there had been infidelity on BM’s part back in Indiana. SM was naively hoping for a fresh start in Colorado.
Sadly, often IME, life does not change because the scenery changes. “Wherever you go, there you are?” Right?
So, perhaps SM felt he was up to his old “tricks”, never home, putting his phone into airplane mode, back on tinder
etc and she decided to catch him in the act.
Spying on Barry was an attempt to empower herself in a situation where she felt powerless. Information often equals power. ALL IMO

Their marriage was clearly on the rocks when you both start spying on each other and lose all trust in each other. Such a sad, sad situation
On this one we totally agree. The marriage was a shambles. It seems like they would both want to move on. Suzanne definitely wanted OUT. But Barry would not hear of it.
After she went missing he called her his “Angel” and said he “loved her to death”.

But, your statement really does beg the question – Why in the world would Barry want to stay in this marriage ?

Many have speculated on this. His motives seem pretty clear – especially since Suzanne ends up dead right after she indicates that she is leaving - no more forgiveness - this time is for real. Barry call the shots – even what she wears.
The Indiana house sale was on the horizon. Suzanne was pushing to get her inheritance money from her Mom, paid back to her, from the sale of the house.
And down the line.... there would be an inheritance from Gene.
Barry was only fifty years old, living a financial “house of cards” ( we will see more of this coming up in the next half of the prelim and at trial) he desperately needed her money in order to continue to live the lifestyle he was accustomed to - which was now seemingly above his means

ALL IMO
You wrote the prosecution's opening statement! Nice!

Airplane mode.

Going from memory....

Suzanne knew Barry was coming home. She alerted JL to switch to LinkedIn.....

Barry, his truck and his phone arrived at PP.... at 2:44.

He puts phone on airplane mode at 2:47.

Questions: was that a mistake? Did he mean to engage airplane mode at 2:44?

Did he mean to engage it PRIOR to leaving Salida?

Was he already dodging future tracking or was he using airplane mode at that point EXCLUSIVELY to elude Suzanne?

If so, again, was it a mistake on his part that he didn't airplane-mode it earlier OR was he playing games with Suzanne? Thrill of the hunt? Gave her a running headstart, as it were. "Honey, I'm home but I'm invisible to you. You'll never guess where I am."

It'll be JARRING, I expect, at trial if they synchronize Barry's phone movements with Suzanne's.....

JMO

Relative to the airplane mode on and off, I'm not current with vehicle technology but it seems to me that BM pairs his phone with his truck. I believe his phone can't be in airplane mode so he has to switch the airplane mode off every time he gets in his truck.

Could it just be a force of habit that BM places his phone in airplane mode whenever he gets home right before getting out of his truck?

Reportedly, there is no cellular service at PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82