Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last thread, @IronyDetective wrote ...

I have been thinking about this. One plausible explanation could be that the police were watching BM, to see if he would lead them to Suzanne's remains. So by not specifically identifying the personal item, they might have been hoping to tweak his curiosity. See if he would go looking for the helmet he dumped, to see if that was what they found and not some obscure other item that he inadvertently dropped/left behind.
In other words ... did BM wonder is the helmet still laying where he left it? And are Suzanne's remains still well concealed, or have they discovered that site also?
If I remember correctly LE put a GPS tracker on Leticia Stauch's vehicle. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same to BM.

For some reason, my iphone goes into Airplane Mode automatically. I have no idea why this happens.
There are many pages of messages in the apple forums about this. It seems there's a bug in some phones using "control center" versus "settings" to engage airplane mode but it can be fixed by restoring your phone to factory settings. Be sure to first back up your phone. Cheers!

Re: beau that carried a torch for her since high school (he told this to the FBI)

Source, please. SM contacted him. He did carry a torch. I believe it's called self-love.

FBI could clear him of murder but not clear him from having the same personality MO as her husband: narcissism.

There are sins of commission and sins of omission. Suzanne was a victim of both.

Trouble is, I don't know about the source. Hence, I'll alert and report my post for removal. Truly didn't realize J claiming he carried a torch for Suzanne since high school hasn't been posted and linked yet. My apologies. The Err could be my own tiredness.

MOO Very critical that BM asserted he went to the Spa Store visit between 2:44pm and 6:30pm on 5/9.
Grusing stated the people at the store were mistaken.
That is a nice way of saying either completely dysfunctional, or knowingly providing a false alibi.

Turns out airplane mode does not eliminate location data, its complicated, but from what I read the phone switches from two way communication with WiFi to one way, only receiving satellite transmission broadcasting. Then the phone from the broadcast data, calculates its own location.

Last edited:
Bringing over from past thread

It's all pretty strange
Actually it’s all pretty textbook, if you follow crime for any length of time – on this forum or elsewhere. Or just listen to others who post on this forum who have had similar relationships IRL.
There have been many comparisons of this case to the personal and criminal dynamics of the Jennifer Dulos murder case in New Canaan CT. Others have cited other case as being very similar.
We recognize a lot of the patterns of behavior in this marriage – because we have seen them before – recurrent familiar issues. ALL IMO

I think it's pretty weird Suzanne was spying on Barry
We know from the prelim that Suzanne got the spy pen to try and catch Barry in an affair. We know from SM’s sister that there had been infidelity on BM’s part back in Indiana. SM was naively hoping for a fresh start in Colorado.
Sadly, often IME, life does not change because the scenery changes. “Wherever you go, there you are?” Right?
So, perhaps SM felt he was up to his old “tricks”, never home, putting his phone into airplane mode, back on tinder
etc and she decided to catch him in the act.
Spying on Barry was an attempt to empower herself in a situation where she felt powerless. Information often equals power. ALL IMO

Their marriage was clearly on the rocks when you both start spying on each other and lose all trust in each other. Such a sad, sad situation
On this one we totally agree. The marriage was a shambles. It seems like they would both want to move on. Suzanne definitely wanted OUT. But Barry would not hear of it.
After she went missing he called her his “Angel” and said he “loved her to death”.

But, your statement really does beg the question – Why in the world would Barry want to stay in this marriage ?

Many have speculated on this. His motives seem pretty clear – especially since Suzanne ends up dead right after she indicates that she is leaving - no more forgiveness - this time is for real. Barry call the shots – even what she wears.
The Indiana house sale was on the horizon. Suzanne was pushing to get her inheritance money from her Mom, paid back to her, from the sale of the house.
And down the line.... there would be an inheritance from Gene.
Barry was only fifty years old, living a financial “house of cards” ( we will see more of this coming up in the next half of the prelim and at trial) he desperately needed her money in order to continue to live the lifestyle he was accustomed to - which was now seemingly above his means

ALL IMO
Quoting in reply for such a perfect comment. :)

Trouble is, I don't know about the source. Hence, I'll alert and report my post for removal. Truly didn't realize J claiming he carried a torch for Suzanne since high school hasn't been posted and linked yet. My apologies. The Err could be my own tiredness.
Iirc the source was the abc Denver article posted in the last thread ? You info is accurate - although she did make the initial contact, JL told LE he carried a torch for SM - IMO

This article was by Fox31 Denver (LS sister Fox network in Denver). I wonder if they had their own reporter in Chaffee County or copied LS notes? Still surprised a viewer did not report the error using that button at bottom of the page!

ETA: OK, I reported the 3:11 pm error to the network using the report function and will post if Fox31 sends me a response. :)
In LS recap from Day 1 she said that she would not be in the “press seat” on Day 2 because they were sharing it with their sister station.
So I would say Fox31 was definitely in court day 2. JMO

Iirc the source was the abc Denver article posted in the last thread ? You info is accurate - although she did make the initial contact, JL told LE he carried a torch for SM - IMO
Unfortunately, the veracity of some info in this article by CM is in question. Already had that debate here. But without a coorborating source, I'm dubious. JMO

ETA: I'm not interested in debating CM's credentials. She has admitted on Twitter the story has unverified info presented as fact.

BM passed Buena Vista at 5:37am, right on time for
"left at 5am"
All discrepancy looks to be earlier than 5:37am 5/10

I always took it to mean that he got out of bed at 5 am - as he says that's when he saw Suzanne sleeping. I find it hard to believe he got up, showered, got ready for the day and then went back up to look at Suzanne sleeping - but it does paint a picture, doesn't it?

As we now know, he was up most of the night. Pretty active, really.

Here’s a tweet about it from reporter for Fox31 Denver.

https://twitter.com/greg_nieto/status/1425131846455554052?s=21

SuzanneMorphew alleged...secret lover: “carried a torch for Suzanne.”

Since we know BM is charged with attempting to influence a public servant , perhaps he also influen$ed the Pool/Spa employees in their recall of his time of arrival in their store. Just thinking out loud here. He was looking for alibis in all the wrong places if you ask me.

Here to help.. :)

Libler said he “carried a torch” for Suzanne Morphew and cared for her through the years before they reconnected. The last messages he sent were on Mother’s Day and the day after, when she was supposed to have a cancer treatment. She did not respond.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

I always took it to mean that he got out of bed at 5 am - as he says that's when he saw Suzanne sleeping. I find it hard to believe he got up, showered, got ready for the day and then went back up to look at Suzanne sleeping - but it does paint a picture, doesn't it?

As we now know, he was up most of the night. Pretty active, really.
Yes. He told police he set his alarm for 4:30am and was packed up the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects