Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody did the wash in that house and I presume it was Suzanne! So that cap found in the lint trap came from the time she did the wash. She was alive then. Someone explain to me otherwise.

I agree so far as I suspect that the SM/BM marriage did follow those kinds of traditional gender roles.

(although BM also seems like enough of a control freak that he might have insisted on doing it himself since 'no one else would do it right' -- or is that just me based on the control freaks I have known...)

But surely during the year-ish between SM's disappearance and BM's arrest, you aren't suggesting he did no laundry? If your spouse dies -- especially if you killed them -- you're gonna do your own laundry. IMHO.

Why would you “presume” she did the wash? I know plenty of men who do laundry, including myself.
Sounds a little sexist to me.
ETA I’ve also known men, who don’t normally do the laundry, run a wash in an attempt to remove evidence of a homicide.
I agree with you @OldCop . I believe he ran a wash to remove evidence off his clothes and not realizing the dart cap was in his pocket. IMO I don't think SM did a load of laundry that afternoon after he was "shooting chipmunks"

Has it been confirmed that the bike found was the bike Suzanne usually rode? In the CM TIR video, around 54:00 there is discussion of a second bike, possibly bought for parts.

Thank you STG for this video and question, I had never picked up on the fact that there were 2 BIKES and it was the cheap bike <allegedly used for parts> that was recovered by LE.

Suzanne didn't take her expensive bike out for steep ride on Mothers Day, ummmm yeah. :rolleyes:

He's so damn cheap he wasn't going to toss the $4,000 bike. Bye, Bye, Bye Barry.

ETA: MOO

I agree with you @OldCop . I believe he ran a wash to remove evidence off his clothes and not realizing the dart cap was in his pocket. IMO I don't think SM did a load of laundry that afternoon after he was "shooting chipmunks"
Didn't we read that the cap gets shot with the dart? And then disconnects when the dart hits something? Did I misunderstand that? I think it's important to distinguish between a dart cap that would have been entangled with SM's clothes or with some cloth/sheet/etc that she might have been wrapped in, vs a cap that he would have manually removed and put or dropped somewhere before presumably shooting a dart. MOO

Many SUVs can fit a bike in the back with seats down even if they don't have a bike rack on the exterior. I don't think we can rule out any other vehicles that were at the house between the time the kids left and the night they sealed the house.

Barry could have easily thrown the bike into his truck. They have data that alludes to this.

Morphew’s truck was used again shortly before 4 a.m. the day his wife disappeared. His cellphone data indicated he went to the area where Suzanne Morphew’s bike was later found.

Suzanne Morphew: Love affair, ‘trash runs’ revealed at hearing for husband of missing woman

Didn't we read that the cap gets shot with the dart? And then disconnects when the dart hits something? Did I misunderstand that? I think it's important to distinguish between a dart cap that would have been entangled with SM's clothes or with some cloth/sheet/etc that she might have been wrapped in, vs a cap that he would have manually removed and put or dropped somewhere before presumably shooting a dart. MOO
I haven't seen the video of how the dart works. Either way, he put in his pocket or it was tangled in clothing. He was washing evidence off and SM wasn't doing laundry afterwards IMO

Maintenance Therapy is also called Neoadjuvant. A drug that targets specific types of cancer. In my case it was Herceptin for my Her+ positive inflammatory breast cancer. I was on it for 6 months post radiation. Very common treatment plan. You don't skip these treatments. They may save your life.

This. I have had patients who've expressed reservations about maintenance treatment , generally regarding length of treatment, ongoing side-effects and a desire to be "done' with the physical and mental toll. But I've never had one opt out, especially as a repeat survivor, and I'd expect SM to have been fully committed to any treatment program that would help ensure a healthier future, especially as she contemplated a future that was Barry-free.

Putting it all together....

If Suzanne was in the habit of driving to her bike rides...

And if Suzanne was in the habit of locking her wheel for transport...

It stands to reason that her bike would be stowed, front wheel locked. Ready for transit the next time.

You know, maybe Barry could've done a more convincing staging if he'd taken a healthy interest in and paid attention to his wife and her habits.

But then we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

JMO

I think it was likely Suzanne. Although she said in the past she was fearful of being alone with BM, I believe she was also fed up with his control issues and his bullying. She had made up her mind to tell him she was filing for divorce while the girls were away. I believe her relationship with JL gave her the strength to stand up to BM.
I don’t believe she realized how deadly that would be.

I disagree that the alleged church camping trip had any parental involvement. This event took place during covid when Idaho had closed borders to non-essential travel. This trip was most likely the wish of college kids and the younger sister was along for the ride. I think any church affiliation will be shown as false during the trial. MOO

From way back in the threads, we all discussed Suzanne communicating with a friend regarding an upcoming wedding in Indiana.

What I'm wondering is: was she communicating with this friend at the same time as JL? It seems that JL is now being discussed as the person SM was speaking with when BM returned home, but she could have had multiple chats going on.

MOO-I don't buy that BM went into a murderous rage after spotting texts with JL. He had planned to murder Suzanne regardless.

It is very possible IMO that BM decided to do a load of laundry. It could especially be true if he had dirty clothes associated with the events surrounding her death. He might not be the brightest from what we have learned, but it would seem highly possible that he would know how to operate a washer/dryer. JMO on why it is hard to assume it as fact that the cap came from a time when she did the wash.
Hard to explain the cap in and of itself...the 4-count box of darts minus one was discarded by Barry after his wife disappeared. That too is circumstantial...but needs to be explained.

If a tranquilliser cap had not been found in the dryer, I wonder where we would be at now?

That dart cap was shared to the universe. It is the home run. It all but nails BM as being the last using the clothes dryer because Suzanne didn't shoot a tranquilizer dart into her own body. We needed to have the four darts present, then there's three left after Suzanne went missing? A missing dart doesn't prove murder yet when coupled w all of the other copious amts of stuff already and yet to come, it's a strong case for DA LS, jmho.

The Universe aligned one lingering item to remain in the clothes dryer: a tranquilizer gun's cap. Reckon we'll see the gun with BM in recordings on audio via the Spy Pen? Hope LE gathered lots of evidence while inside the M home.

I looked for a particular video to no avail. This one shows a wild animal being shot 4 times, xxxx, with a tranquilizer gun. How far away from his target if Barry had 20' is he? Maybe someone w/ weapons experience could ID the type gun the Officer uses to sedate the mountain lion in this Pleasanton, Cali since we think BM used the .22.

Mountain Lion captured in Pleasanton after hunkering down in bushes for hours

Right. However, my SUV can transport either of bikes fully upright. Many do not have clearance to fit the bars within the lift gate/hatch. Trust me, I research this one a lot. To transport inside a car/SUV that cannot be placed upright, you'd need to remove the front wheel and secure it upright or lay it down on its side.
The rear tailgate can be left open...with the bike protruded out the back....just slide it in..strap it down if necessary. If its 3am...not too many witnesses are gonna see it.

From way back in the threads, we all discussed Suzanne communicating with a friend regarding an upcoming wedding in Indiana.

What I'm wondering is: was she communicating with this friend at the same time as JL? It seems that JL is now being discussed as the person SM was speaking with when BM returned home, but she could have had multiple chats going on.

MOO-I don't buy that BM went into a murderous rage after spotting texts with JL. He had planned to murder Suzanne regardless.
I too remember awhile back there were talks that she was communicating with a friend about the upcoming virtual wedding. But I do not think that conversation between the friend came out yet in the preliminary hearing. (please someone correct me if I am wrong) Maybe we will hear about that next week. IMO

Thank you STG for this video and question, I had never picked up on the fact that there were 2 BIKES and it was the cheap bike <allegedly used for parts> that was recovered by LE.

Suzanne didn't take her expensive bike out for steep ride on Mothers Day, ummmm yeah. :rolleyes:

He's so damn cheap he wasn't going to toss the $4,000 bike. Bye, Bye, Bye Barry.

ETA: MOO
Does anyone know the color of Suzanne’s bike? Early on, the PE guys spoke of a pink bike, and a bike used for parts.The bike that was pulled up was dark blue. Articles vary on pedal color-colorful, light blue. We talked a lot about her bike for a year, but I am unsure as to a definite answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd