Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never read if the darts found in trash were prefilled or the empty type. If prefilled with some tranquilizer then that's much better evidence than if empty. hopefully we find out next week. I sure hope the prosecution team has some slam dunk stuff so far it's been slightly hazy for me. MOO.
I believe the only evidence from the PH was that a cap from a tranquilizer dart was located in the dryer vent and BM later admitting to authorities that he disposed of tranquilizer material. I think anything else is speculation.

I've never read if the darts found in trash were prefilled or the empty type. If prefilled with some tranquilizer then that's much better evidence than if empty. hopefully we find out next week. I sure hope the prosecution team has some slam dunk stuff so far it's been slightly hazy for me. MOO.
I don't think that they have found anything that he threw away. That was his admission. But they did find the 3 darts, not sure if they were filled, at the property But the "Materials" could refer to
the Juice he was charging with. IMO

Looks like darts (RDDs) get filled at the time they are about to be used. At least the Cap-Chur brand are.

I believe the only evidence from the PH was that a cap from a tranquilizer dart was located in the dryer vent and BM later admitting to authorities that he disposed of tranquilizer material. I think anything else is speculation.
So....what do you suppose took Barry so long to lawyer up? Was it $$? Was it ego? Was it fear of expediting the focus on himself (in his mind)? It seems that LE had a bumper crop of meetings with him prior to the arrest.

Not sure we can assume JL's family knew SM's identity until the PH. Just because you see flirty texts on your Dad's phone doesn't mean you know exactly who he's talking to. Even after interviewed by the FBI, I don't think he told his wife or family about SM specifically.

His wife didn't take her social media down until the day his name was introduced at the prelim. Was she not expecting her husband to become part of a murder trial? Was he not expecting it?

Oh, Jeff!

From the state's witness, we learned that JL was not identified until November 2020, and when first contacted by authorities, he asked if he was being investigated for SM's disappearance.

JL also told investigators that at the date of the interview, he still had not told his wife about his affair with SM.

JL was offered protection to talk with the FBI.

I don't believe that JL didn't immediately seek legal advice, inform his wife of both the affair and the investigation, and also notify his employer.

JL had too much to lose by continuing to keep silent -- his head in the sand.

Nope. This matter was hardly going to disappear.

MOO

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

Last edited:
Two questions I would be interested to know the answer to
  1. How did BM know what. she was wearing the day Suzanne was reported missing if he wasn't there? May 10th
  2. How did JL know she looked good in biking gear on Friday 8th May as per reported text whilst BM went for Pizza
Not sure if I can link to the source so please feel free to delete if inappropriate

Just curious and all in my own Curious Opinion!

Considering what was going on in the marriage, a crime of passion would be a very reasonable scenario.

Despite that, he’s charged with first degree murder.

As we haven’t heard of any evidence of premeditation at this point, it must be coming in a few days. There’s got to be something there; the only question is in what form.
BM has shown some degree of cunning so I'd have to think he knew better than to use his own electronics for internet searches. Maybe that's why he was so upset that MG gave up her phone? Maybe her browser shows things like "effects of tranquilizer darts on humans"

Two questions I would be interested to know the answer to
  1. How did BM know what. she was wearing the day Suzanne was reported missing if he wasn't there? May 10th
  2. How did JL know she looked good in biking gear on Friday 8th May as per reported text whilst BM went for Pizza
Not sure if I can link to the source so please feel free to delete if inappropriate

Just curious and all in my own Curious Opinion!
No, thanks good. I have asked that question #2.
#1 That was his excuse, he had to taking her "Biking Gear" but she could have decided to wear shorts that day. He took what he saw in #2 IMO

Last edited:
BM has shown some degree of cunning so I'd have to think he knew better than to use his own electronics for internet searches. Maybe that's why he was so upset that MG gave up her phone? Maybe her browser shows things like "effects of tranquilizer darts on humans"
For every seemingly smart thing he has done, he’s done something equally stupid.

So I could see him deleting his browsing history thinking it would be gone forever. Maybe there’s more than dating sites and *advertiser censored* in that deleted Google history?

From the state's witness, we learned that JL was not identified until November 2020, and when first contacted by authorities, he asked if he was being investigated for SM's disappearance.

JL also told investigators that at the date of the interview, he still had not told his wife about his affair with SM.

JL was offered protection to talk with the FBI.

I don't believe that JL wouldn't immediately seek legal advice, inform his wife of both the affair and the investigation, and also notify his employer.

JL had too much to lose by continuing to keep silent -- his head in the sand.

Nope. This matter was hardly going to disappear.

MOO

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair
Why would he notify his employer? Due to the company phone he destroyed? FBI mining company records for evidence? Wow, that would be awkward.

Christmas 2020 must have been a blast at his house if what you say is true. I'm really not sure how much his wife will know until she reads the AA or what's released of it.

He'd be paying alimony right now if he was married to me!
MOO

For every seemingly smart thing he has done, he’s done something equally stupid.

So I could see him deleting his browsing history thinking it would be gone forever. Maybe there’s more than dating sites and *advertiser censored* in that deleted Google history?
I am not sure, but I would hazard to guess that there would be more than one dating site and one *advertiser censored* site. He got pissed when they mentioned those. IMO

Ok. I must have misread some posts cause I thought some darts were recovered from trash bin. Thanks for the info.

Why would he notify his employer? Due to the company phone he destroyed? FBI mining company records for evidence? Wow, that would be awkward.

Christmas 2020 must have been a blast at his house if what you say is true. I'm really not sure how much his wife will know until she reads the AA or what's released of it.

He'd be paying alimony right now if he was married to me!
MOO

JL told investigators he did not come forward for various reasons including not wanting to lose his family or his employment.

<modsnip - sleuthing someone not named a POI>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure, but I would hazard to guess that there would be more than one dating site and one *advertiser censored* site. He got pissed when they mentioned those. IMO

The reporter tweets said Barry sat straight up in his chair when those dating sites were mentioned.

I like to think it was the spirit of Suzanne kicking him in the arse - “See Barry, I knew it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288