Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after he took his phone off airplane mode at 10:17pm, I think he went to hide her body. A solid reason that he would’ve backed up his truck would be to get a different vehicle out. Moo
Or possibly backed his truck up to load Suzanne, possibly in a tote or some other type container and/or his trash dump items and/or items he used that he needed to clean that he possibly took to hotel to clean. But then again, it would be risky to haul her around, of course possibly depending on how far he took her, but there's many other cases where perp has transported dead victim - P. Frazee, F. Dulos are 2 that immediately come to mind. And IMO, it's a lot easier to clean out the box/bed of the pickup than it is to clean the inside of the truck itself.

I have been, and still am in the camp, that he dismembered her, and I also still feel strongly that he utilized the river in their backyard in one way or another, while doing this. I may be wrong and will be the 1st to admit it, if and when we find out otherwise.

This is all JMO/speculation.

ETA - I'm not sure if he backed the truck out farther away in the driveway from the house, or did he back his truck up towards the house to get it closer, (which is when my scenario would make the most sense). Has there been anything more specific said in regards to this 'backing the truck up'?

Last edited:
Ok from the timeline we have and actions from from BM. 8th 9th 10th.
What actions from him could point to premeditation?

Knowing the precise and exact locations of the five dump sites?
He Did not just happen upon them. I mean he went to the Men's Warehouse.
I thought they closed years ago. Plus, who went there when it was open? IMO

The reporter tweets said Barry sat straight up in his chair when those dating sites were mentioned.

I like to think it was the spirit of Suzanne kicking him in the arse - “See Barry, I knew it.”
I do have a wee little bit of doubt about Barry browsing the dating sites. I am not 100% positive that Suzanne would never search a site on Barry’s phone in order to make him the bad guy, the cheater. She was trying to get out of the marriage and maybe she wanted some ammo. I know how stupid that sounds, but nothing shocks me in this case.

I do have a wee little bit of doubt about Barry browsing the dating sites. I am not 100% positive that Suzanne would never search a site on Barry’s phone in order to make him the bad guy, the cheater. She was trying to get out of the marriage and maybe she wanted some ammo. I know how stupid that sounds, but nothing shocks me in this case.
Certainly the defense will imply or assert that.
Phones have IP addresses so time and subpeonas will tell.

Evidence indicates SM's last communication was May 9, 2020, at 3 2:11 pm.

The prosecution contends SM was murdered shortly after BM arrived home at 2:44 pm.

A dead woman can't be scrolling FB late at night sending out FB friend requests. That was likely BM that logged in to SM's account using a device SM didn't typically use to access her account (i.e., requiring code change).

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Preliminary hearing in Barry Morphew trial reveals new details | FOX31 Denver
^^strike 3 by me.

All - I received a message from reporter Alex Rose, Digital Anchor for Fox/Denver thanking me for submitting the correction for his article citing 3:11 pm versus the correct time at 2:11 pm re. SM's last communication.

Updated: Aug 18, 2021 / 05:25 PM MDT

Libler messaged Suzanne on May 6 saying “I know these next few days were going to be rough.” Suzanne’s last communication happened on May 9 at 2:11 p.m. between her and Libler on LinkedIn.

SUZANNE MORPHEW: Preliminary hearing in Barry Morphew trial reveals new details | FOX31 Denver

Or possibly backed his truck up to load Suzanne, possibly in a tote or some other type container and/or his trash dump items and/or items he used that he needed to clean that he possibly took to hotel to clean. But then again, it would be risky to haul her around, of course possibly depending on how far he took her, but there's many other cases where perp has transported dead victim - P. Frazee, F. Dulos are 2 that immediately come to mind. And IMO, it's a lot easier to clean out the box/bed of the pickup than it is to clean the inside of the truck itself.

I have been, and still am in the camp, that he dismembered her, and I also still feel strongly that he utilized the river in their backyard in one way or another, while doing this. I may be wrong and will be the 1st to admit it, if and when we find out otherwise.

This is all JMO/speculation.

ETA - I'm not sure if he backed the truck out farther away in the driveway from the house, or did he back his truck up towards the house to get it closer, (which is when my scenario would make the most sense). Has there been anything more specific said in regards to this 'backing the truck up'?
MOO when did he detach the trailer and why?
He was due to need it the next day.
He arrived home with it hitched up at 2:44pm and was with without it at Buena vista at 5:37am.

^^strike 3 by me.

All - I received a message from reporter Alex Rose, Digital Anchor for Fox/Denver thanking me for submitting the correction for his article citing 3:11 pm versus the correct time at 2:11 pm re. SM's last communication.

Updated: Aug 18, 2021 / 05:25 PM MDT

Libler messaged Suzanne on May 6 saying “I know these next few days were going to be rough.” Suzanne’s last communication happened on May 9 at 2:11 p.m. between her and Libler on LinkedIn.

Great.
Misinformation grows legs.

Based on his reaction, I would say it was him. Ashley Madison and Celebrity Jihad. Nice. Why would SM pick these two. AM has blue hair and I doubt SM would
have picked CJ , it's not a hook up site (so me mate Dave tells me) . IMO

Hw was cleaning out his garage and threw away a packet of syringe darts in Broomfield during one of his 6 trash dumps.

But he didn't clean up his truck at the same time, he left it messy inside and out.

"He is too good at the manipulation."
Exactly! He didn’t want it to look too clean.

It doesn’t sound stupid at all, and it’s entirely possible.

Personally, I think he was a casual cheat and that’s why they can’t prove it. He doesn’t strike me as the type to keep numbers from one night stands. Just because the investigators didn’t turn up anything, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It was difficult enough for them to discover Suzanne’s secret affair. As it was said in a tweet during the prelim when they said they found nothing on Barry: “No affair has been proven but FBI agent says they likely never would've found her affair if not for the pen-she accidentally recorded a convo w/ the man she was involved with.”

The overall point isn’t lost. It’s a fact - Suzanne was having an affair. I feel both Barry and Suzanne were caught up in the appearances of what a marriage was supposed to look like. With how they were supposed to look to the church, and how they were supposed to look socially. They were not honest with one another, nor with themselves.

The illusion of the happy marriage was no longer sustainable. It should have ended. But not with murder.

1. If he “trank”ed SM, he knew he could not let her autopsied, so he planned to hide her body well.
2. JL’s role in this tragedy will enable the defense to argue: she had at least one interstate affair that we know of. If JL didnt kill her, who’s to say it wasn’t a different boyfriend?”

I have alot of doubts here. Suzanne saying she's afraid of Barry, but yet has a 2 year fling with a guy, even meeting him in different parts of the country! Planting a spy pen in Barry's truck, taking a selfie in her bathing suit without fear of him seeing it. Girls said they never saw any abuse from him. Not a shred of evidence that he cheated. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree that the alleged church camping trip had any parental involvement. This event took place during covid when Idaho had closed borders to non-essential travel. This trip was most likely the wish of college kids and the younger sister was along for the ride. I think any church affiliation will be shown as false during the trial. MOO
Agree, no camping or church involved, Idaho either
Seems like the text oldest daughter sent saying she’d gotten the job finally, hints to me it was a road trip combined with an interview

From the state's witness, we learned that JL was not identified until November 2020, and when first contacted by authorities, he asked if he was being investigated for SM's disappearance.

JL also told investigators that at the date of the interview, he still had not told his wife about his affair with SM.

JL was offered protection to talk with the FBI.

I don't believe that JL didn't immediately seek legal advice, inform his wife of both the affair and the investigation, and also notify his employer.

JL had too much to lose by continuing to keep silent -- his head in the sand.

Nope. This matter was hardly going to disappear.

MOO

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair

That's a good article. I searched that website for a similar recap of day 2 of PH and there wasn't one. In fact no other articles about Suzanne Morphew since 8/9 the first day. I find that strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain