Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out if I am eligible for the third shot. Type 1 diabetic, and I have a lot of upper respiratory issues.
Depending on your state, type 2 was in line before type 1 with the first vaccine rollout.
(Which made no sense to me)
I would contact your doctor or endocrinologist.

6 Things To Know If You're Immunocompromised And Considering A 3rd Shot

“Only a very small group of people with weakened immune systems qualify for the third dose. The CDC is recommending it for moderately to severely immunocompromised people, including those who have:

• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
  • Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
  • Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
  • Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
  • Advanced or untreated HIV infection
  • Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.”
“People with other chronic conditions — even those that put them at higher risk for severe COVID-19 — are not authorized to get an additional dose at this point.

"This would not include long-term care facility residents, persons with diabetes, persons with heart disease — those types of chronic medical conditions are not the intent here," said Dr. Amanda Cohn at Friday's CDC committee meeting.”

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if I am eligible for the third shot. Type 1 diabetic, and I have a lot of upper respiratory issues.
I would contact your doctor and see if you're eligible.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said a third dose is recommended for people who are moderately or severely immunocompromised. They included people who are receiving treatment for solid tumor cancers and cancers of the blood, such as lymphoma or leukemia; patients who have undergone within the last two years a bone marrow transplant or are still taking drugs to suppress their immune system; and patients with advanced or untreated HIV infection.

The CDC guidance also includes people who are currently taking high-dose steroids and immune system-suppressing biologic drugs, including medicines for Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
Explainer: Who is eligible for a third COVID-19 vaccine dose in the U.S.?

I'm not sure how I missed this thread before but my DH and I received our vaccines as soon as they were available to our age groups. My DH got his first (he's older than I am) in Feb. and March and I got mine the end of March & April. I felt a huge relief after getting them.

Living across the country from family, I had no memory of not traveling to spend Mother's Day with my mom until 2020.

Mom had both her vaccines in January 2021 and I was eager to take whatever was available to me the moment I became eligible. I had the J&J (one and done) just before the April recall, without incident.

I would do it again 100 times over, if for no other reason than just to see my mom. My mom recently passed, peacefully in her sleep. While I'm shattered beyond belief over her loss, I'm also saddened over the months and opportunities that Covid19 robbed from all of us. And now we contend with Delta....

Respectfully, if you're undecided and this decision is keeping you apart from somebody you love, please hesitate no more.

Living across the country from family, I had no memory of not traveling to spend Mother's Day with my mom until 2020.

Mom had both her vaccines in January 2021 and I was eager to take whatever was available to me the moment I became eligible. I had the J&J (one and done) just before the April recall, without incident.

I would do it again 100 times over, if for no other reason than just to see my mom. My mom recently passed, peacefully in her sleep. While I'm shattered beyond belief over her loss, I'm also saddened over the months and opportunities that Covid19 robbed from all of us. And now we contend with Delta....

Respectfully, if you're undecided and this decision is keeping you apart from somebody you love, please hesitate no more.

I'm so sorry about your mom.

So sorry hear about your Mom.... hopefully you got to see her this past Mother's Day or before she passed.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. :(
Its been a long time since I've seen my family, we live in different states too. The majority of them don't want to vaccinate, so I unfortunately would refrain from seeing them or allowing them to visit right now. Sometimes I worry if that's the wrong decision.

I'm leaning more and more towards getting the vaccine myself. I wish I had a rational reason for my hesitancy or fears, but I don't. I think I'm psyching myself out and it's holding me back.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. :(
Its been a long time since I've seen my family, we live in different states too. The majority of them don't want to vaccinate, so I unfortunately would refrain from seeing them or allowing them to visit right now. Sometimes I worry if that's the wrong decision.

I'm leaning more and more towards getting the vaccine myself. I wish I had a rational reason for my hesitancy or fears, but I don't. I think I'm psyching myself out and it's holding me back.
Thank you @Turkeytrot. I must admit that I was mostly inspired by my geriatric mom rolling up her sleeve for two injections without incident, and also knowing it was a condition of being able to travel. I've been a migraine sufferer since early childhood and tend to be cautious and research labels, ingredients, etc. before accepting so I'm no stranger to hesitation.

❤️

If you were late to the party and were going to get vaccinated now, which would you choose? J&J seems like it would provide the most immediate protection, but Modern seems to always have the best numbers in terms of all around efficacy. Novavax sounds promising, but not approved yet.

If you were late to the party and were going to get vaccinated now, which would you choose? J&J seems like it would provide the most immediate protection, but Modern seems to always have the best numbers in terms of all around efficacy. Novavax sounds promising, but not approved yet.

I got Moderna - and no side effects on either jab, just a sore arm! I would take that one! :)

I will see my PCP next week and plan to ask her whether a Moderna booster might be a good idea, even though I originally got Pfizer. But I think I'll be encouraged to have a Pfizer booster.

I will see my PCP next week and plan to ask her whether a Moderna booster might be a good idea, even though I originally got Pfizer. But I think I'll be encouraged to have a Pfizer booster.
Probably, because CDC and FDA think people should stick to the same vaccine they originally got vaccinated with.

No. Taking a rushed out experimental vaccine that skipped animal testing and has no FDA approval and has only been approved for emergency use is extremely dangerous. Certainly going to be interesting to see what the effects of this vaccine will be over the next 5-10 years.
Effects of vaccines always show up within 2 months... and this one is no different. Over a billion people have had these Covid vaccines with most getting just a sore arm for a couple of days. It is a very safe vaccine, and steps were not skipped. It's just that more money and time was poured into developing this one, they had hordes of volunteers and unprecedented cooperation among scientists around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa