Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM knows that the hotel has cameras, so why in the world did he say that he was working when he got the call?
The fact that he was in his room for five hours could (and would) of course be verified.
Five hours. Was he cleaning that much stuff?
Did he accidentally fall asleep? Was he planning to go back out to the job site, but the all-nighter wiped him out, and he screwed up his own plan?
A few pp have mentioned that he probably just assumed that LE would take his word for it, and not check. But...? Would he really think that?

I am dumbfounded by this one.

And then, that 40 minutes he took farting around after he got the call that Suzanne was missing.

The mind boggles.

imoo
"Why would he really think that?" Unmitigated arrogance.

Because there wasn’t security camera footage of some of these dumps, I believe they just used Google earth to show the court the location.

It wouldn’t have been a satellite photo of Barry that day or anything (the photo they used may have been years old).

But wait, it looks like there is an image of him, of trash run #3.
While trash run #4 being just the location....?

And, also looks like trash run #4 is the tranq materials one:

Now in McDonald parking lot in Broomfield, google earth image of BM getting rid of more trash. TRASH RUN 3.

#40: Image of BM forcefully pushing trash into trash can, pushes with both hands, leans in, BM did not recall this. He then shares that he may have thrown away “wrappers”.

BMs mom leaves the room, but comes back in shortly thereafter.

Then carwash for 2-3 minutes where he reportedly cleaned his windshield. Then Men’s Warehouse parking lot

#41: Google Earth image, dumpster, most Telematics activity, spent 40 minutes there, no video around. TRASH RUN 4. When asked, stated that he threw away “tranquilizer materials” from the garage. Men’s Warehouse is approximately 2 miles from the hotel.

Right.
A police call about your spouse being missing?
Shoes, pants, keys, phone, wallet and gone.
Should have taken 40 seconds to be departing Broomfield.
He had no problem leaving work to go home and make his angel happy by biking/hiking but she's missing and he doesn't head out at the first sign that something's amiss? Pffft. Oh Barry!

But wait, it looks like there is an image of him, of trash run #3.
While trash run #4 being just the location....?

And, also looks like trash run #4 is the tranq materials one:

Now in McDonald parking lot in Broomfield, google earth image of BM getting rid of more trash. TRASH RUN 3.

#40: Image of BM forcefully pushing trash into trash can, pushes with both hands, leans in, BM did not recall this. He then shares that he may have thrown away “wrappers”.

BMs mom leaves the room, but comes back in shortly thereafter.

Then carwash for 2-3 minutes where he reportedly cleaned his windshield. Then Men’s Warehouse parking lot

#41: Google Earth image, dumpster, most Telematics activity, spent 40 minutes there, no video around. TRASH RUN 4. When asked, stated that he threw away “tranquilizer materials” from the garage. Men’s Warehouse is approximately 2 miles from the hotel.

Wait, WHAT???
BMs mom leaves the room, but comes back shortly thereafter?
Was his mother there?????

Trying frantically to catch up on my lunch break and just had a thought. Are washing machines / dryers “Smart” these days too? ie could you track when they were used at which time and date? Or would the Electrical Company be able to provide that type of information, knowing the normal ebbs and flows of power useage at a particular property? Just trying to narrow down if the washing was last done after 2.44pm on 5/9. Great work Everyone, and getting closer to Monday 23rd now! Cannot wait! :)

I had been looking to see if the electric utility in Salida has installed smart meters yet. Can’t tell which utility serves PP, as there seem to be some local utilities in addition to Xcel. Xcel is just rolling out their program. If the smart meter were in and the dryer was electric, the usage time would be measured at the meter as demand.

But you are right! The smart washer and dryer would make the utility smart meter unnecessary for the purpose of LE knowing if they had been used. They could just check the appliance or its app. Good thinking!

Anyhow, here is some info about Xcel’s smart meter program.
If you're an Xcel customer, you're getting a "smart meter" that charges more for electricity during peak periods

Edit: response to broken quote
The girls are victims. I am sad that the girls have to sit in court and hear all of this about their Mother. I’m sure they had an image of her that is now forever changed. And she isn’t here to explain herself. The way it was portrayed in court was that their mother was busy speaking with her bf so she didn’t respond to them, and then said she had been sleeping. Kids of all ages expect to be the center of their parents’ universe, IMO. I feel badly that the girls have to learn these details. Once again, all because their father murdered their mother.

If and when I commit my first murder, I'm gonna have to go back in time several centuries to do it. No phones, no cameras, no smart anything, not even fingerprints - I'd never be able to outsmart all of that stuff. :D

Reading Websleuths for several years has taught me that things can, and will go wrong. Even if I were the murderous type, (I'm not, trust me!), I'd never get away with it! (Although I suppose some do!)

We already have Miles on LE bodycam, from the prelim, saying that Suzanne did not ride her bike in the neighborhood or on the mountain trails. She put her bike in her RR and went to flatter trails (he named a park i Salida as the specific place where she biked on flat land). Suzanne was new to biking and it's unlikely she "biked every day" as Barry said. Miles said she always took her phone, so I bet she wanted a place where there was actually phone service.

And an RR does hold a bike easily with its back seat down.

This makes perfect sense to me, for many reasons (safety being one of them) but also getting away from the house/neighborhood to visit an actual town.

Most of the houses in that little neighborhood were separate from each other and several were AirBnB style rentals.

So I don't think the neighbors knew her routes and directions very well. I think Miles was quite close to the family and knew way more about Suzanne and her biking habits than the neighbors.
Indeed, it appears Miles knew “way more about Suzanne and her biking habits than” BM too!

MOO I don’t think Barry knew or cared much about what Suzanne was doing once they got to CO. He didn’t seem to care about supporting her during her chemo, leaving that to their daughters. It’s easy for me to understand why Suzanne longed for male friendship and support during her second bout with cancer and the uncertainty that comes with such a diagnosis. BM was unavailable and unwilling to meet her emotional needs during a most desperate time. It’s easy for others to judge SM for her extramarital relationship, but regardless of what we feel about JL (was he committed or not), I’m happy that Suzanne found companionship and support during such a difficult time, some measure of love and happiness to take her mind off what she was going through. All the while, BM was scanning the internet for *advertiser censored* and cute girls in Salida instead of taking care of his “angel.” What an utter fraud that man is. “If one life was saved…..” Well, it won’t be yours Barry. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong