TX - Valeesha Duncan, 31, shot at over 50x pulling into her garage, Katy, 17 Aug 2021

Was her son at home alone overnight?

Has LE determined what time she left work? Was 5:30am the usual time for her to arrive home? Or did she make a stop before going home?

Was her phone recovered from the scene? Any phone calls or texts leading up to the shooting provide any clues?

JMO

BBM I have read that no one else was home at the time of the shooting. So I don't think so.

Edited to add article: Woman killed after leaving her job at gentleman's club, HCSO says | khou.com

Was her son at home alone overnight?

Has LE determined what time she left work? Was 5:30am the usual time for her to arrive home? Or did she make a stop before going home?

Was her phone recovered from the scene? Any phone calls or texts leading up to the shooting provide any clues?

JMO

Texas Mom Killed in Driveway Ambush by Unknown Assailant Who Fired 50 Shots: 'She Was a Good Person'
From this article:
“Duncan and Richard's 11-year-old son was not home at the time of the shooting. Richard said they were in the middle of back-to-school shopping for their son, who is starting middle school.”

Yes, but how did the shooter know when she would be returning home? 5:30am is a strange time to be returning home from work.
I agree, that is strange.

As a side note, bars and probably by extension, strip clubs in Houston must close at 2:00 am (technically, they can stay open longer but since they cant sell or allow any alcohol to be consumed on site after 2:00 am, there is no profit to it).

Strip joints are also held to stricter standards. Violations of any kind, no matter how minor- or even if the venue is arguably not at fault, are quickly noted and recorded. A certain umber of "points" results in the owner losing his license.

As a result, my guess is that the place where she worked started shutting down at say 1:45 am in order to be fully and obviously closed by 2:00 am.

Some employees have clean up duties which an experienced bar tendress (non strip joint) once told me can last between 30 minutes and 90 minutes depending on the place.

My guess, however, is that "exotic dancers" might be separate from support staff and thus not have clean up duties. Rather, they might leave after their last, well, "performance" in the rotation.

In the end, if the victim was the last dancer, she was off at at 1:45- or earlier if she had finished her rotation. Even if she had long clean up duties, she would have been through by say 3:30 at the latest.

I agree, that is strange.

As a side note, bars and probably by extension, strip clubs in Houston must close at 2:00 am (technically, they can stay open longer but since they cant sell or allow any alcohol to be consumed on site after 2:00 am, there is no profit to it).

Strip joints are also held to stricter standards. Violations of any kind, no matter how minor- or even if the venue is arguably not at fault, are quickly noted and recorded. A certain umber of "points" results in the owner losing his license.

As a result, my guess is that the place where she worked started shutting down at say 1:45 am in order to be fully and obviously closed by 2:00 am.

Some employees have clean up duties which an experienced bar tendress (non strip joint) once told me can last between 30 minutes and 90 minutes depending on the place.

My guess, however, is that "exotic dancers" might be separate from support staff and thus not have clean up duties. Rather, they might leave after their last, well, "performance" in the rotation.

In the end, if the victim was the last dancer, she was off at at 1:45- or earlier if she had finished her rotation. Even if she had long clean up duties, she would have been through by say 3:30 at the latest.
Do we know the address where she worked? I can only find the Galleria area. I'd like to know how long it took her to get from work door to home door.

So, are you thinking she was doing something else between closing and when she got home?

Shootings of a parent or an ex parent often occurs when there are no kids at home. Just speculating but it happens imo so the child doesn't suffer seeing the carnage of his/her parent. (Or that a bullet could inadvertently strike the child).

Thinking about it, the garage is a perfect place for a shooting. The bullets stay within the garage thus making it unlikely that anyone else will be struck, the victim is trapped in the garage and the element of surprise is greater. Which makes this sound targeted.

Do we know the address where she worked? I can only find the Galleria area. I'd like to know how long it took her to get from work door to home door.

So, are you thinking she was doing something else between closing and when she got home?

Shootings of a parent or an ex parent often occurs when there are no kids at home. Just speculating but it happens imo so the child doesn't suffer seeing the carnage of his/her parent. (Or that a bullet could inadvertently strike the child).

Thinking about it, the garage is a perfect place for a shooting. The bullets stay within the garage thus making it unlikely that anyone else will be struck, the victim is trapped in the garage and the element of surprise is greater. Which makes this sound targeted.
There’s several strip clubs in the Galleria area. The Men’s Club, Club Onyx, Treasures, etc. Galleria is a nice area but has seen an increase in crime.

Sometimes people get together somewhere after the club shuts down at 2. After hours bars as well as other places to continue the party.

If her son lived with her at that address- then his first day of school would have been that morning of August 18th. (Katy ISD) :(
It would be hard to get home at 5:30am and have to wake your son around 6:30am to get ready for school.

JMO

TX - Everett Briscoe, 41, N.O. LE, killed at Galleria area restaurant, Houston, 21 AUG 2021

I wonder if this might be related. A group visiting from New Orleans was targeted on the patio of a restaurant in the Galleria area. I don't know where Valeesha worked to see how close it might be.

Probably not related but it didn't seem like the kind of area that would be prone to random shootings, either.
Wow, Carbuff! I mapped the driving distance from the Galleria in Houston to Katy, TX and it appears to be a straight shot of about 25 miles.

Shared route
From Katy Mills to The Galleria via I-10 E.

25 min (25 mi)
25 min in current traffic

1. Head north on Market Pl Dr toward Texmati Dr
2. Turn left onto Texmati Dr
3. Use any lane to turn right onto Interstate 10 Frontage Rd E
4. Use the left lane to take the I-10 E ramp
5. Merge onto I-10 E
6. Keep right at the fork to stay on I-10 E
7. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 763 for I-610 S
8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-610 S
9. Take exit 8D toward FM 1093/Westheimer Rd
10. Merge onto W Loop S
11. Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Westheimer Rd
12. Make a U-turn
13. Arrive at location: The Galleria
For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps

Perhaps someone followed her home - either after a road rage incident or a customer where where she worked made an overture towards her that she rebuffed. It seems like it doesn't take much these days to send people over the edge.

So many possibilities. 50 shots definitely seems to be targeted and personal. Someone is angry, out for revenge. Where was she, what was she doing from the time she was off work until she pulled into her driveway at 5:30 am? Was she seeing a customer, was that person married, did she know the customer was married? Was there someone obsessed with her, and rebuffed? Was there a road rage incident? Was there another motive?

MOO.. this sounds like perhaps she got involved with some shady clientele and either got involved with something unsavory or developed a relationship with a bad kinda person that perhaps did not work out/disagreement/jealousy (perhaps over her great relationship with ex?). 50 shots really sounds like a typical "drive by" with two shooters, which really leads me to think of a criminal lifestyle/gang dealings. Who knows... prayers for her family and her poor child.

50 shots fired in killing of Harris County mom, one of four homicides overnight

I want to read this article but its behind a pay wall. This states she was one of four homicides in that county (on the same day?). Does anyone have access? I am trying to look for another article with this information, but since its so specific to the area nothing else is coming up. Can this be connected to something more?

I want to read this article but its behind a pay wall. This states she was one of four homicides in that county (on the same day?). Does anyone have access? I am trying to look for another article with this information, but since its so specific to the area nothing else is coming up. Can this be connected to something more?
It says she worked at Club Onyx in the Galleria in Houston!

Besides Valeesha Duncan, a woman stabbed her mother to death, a man shot his sister's ex boyfriend and a mom said someone shot her son.
ETA, if you google 4 killed in Houston in one day be sure and add the date so as not to confuse it with other days 4 were killed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back