Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note on IP addresses and WiFi/cellular services. The identification of a specific IP address on a network is not as simple as it seems.

When using an iPhone on your home WiFi, your IP address is assigned by the router sitting in your house that connects it to the internet. The IP addresses that are handed out by your router and assigned to your iPhone are NOT publicly identifiable. These IP addresses start with 192.168.1.x or if using NATting, 10.x.x.x. What is identifiable is the IP address of your home WiFi ROUTER (not individual iPhone). This only proves that someone in your home (or someone parked outside using your unprotected WiFi) accessed a webpage from your home network. It makes it very difficult for LE to conclusively prove that this PERSON using this device went to this website using this username and password at this exact date and time. It can sometimes be corroborated by other data for example, proof this person was the only one home at the time this website was accessed by using a ring doorbell video, etc. Your internet service provider can actually change the IP of the router if they wanted to as well. It’s not very common but it does happen, especially during maintenance on their end.

When using cellular functions from your iPhone, it will have an IP address assigned to it. It actually has two, one IPv4 and one IPv6. This is so the phone can connect to the cellular network/towers. This IP address can also change and is assigned by the cellular provider.
Adding to this, as long as the phone is connected to the home router, it will also have a uniquely identifiable MAC address. So in theory, if they web browsed while they are at home LE can know who conducted the search by using those two markers.

According to the timeline BM sent the "Want to hike?" text at 9:50am. This text exchange never made sense to me either. Within the hour he changed his mind and didn't want to go hiking anymore. I agree with you and feel like BM realized what he said and what he wanted to do and backed out. BM worked a lot and for him to want to go hiking during the work day seems out of character. IMO

Yes. He was always working, the main problem for Suzanne.
Then in October 2018 BM also joined the VFF.
So that pretty clear. You don't own me.

By December 2018 Suzanne was talking to JL, also no longer "owned."

IMO, his second phone was not actually a burner - and LE has its records as well. Should be interesting. I am not sure if I heard this information from Chris McD/TIR or perhaps I dreamed it - but I think there's another phone in use, in the possession of Barry. An older phone on the same family account, perhaps. Perhaps with a new SIM, but still not completely unrelated to Barry.

Ooooo I did not know that, thank you! So he had two cellphones and another burner or burners for him and his employees?

More data to convict him with hopefully!

Ooooo I did not know that, thank you! So he had two cellphones and another burner or burners for him and his employees?

More data to convict him with hopefully!

Just read up on "Burner phones."

AKA Pepaid Phones

They can be bought with cash.
Finding the phone is not hard if the phone number is known.
Finding who the phone belongs to is harder and requires triangulation, such as where the phone was used, and what number was called compared with a suspects locations and affiliation with the number.
Prepaid to Preapaid, call is on the tower data lime other calla and the locations of the two phones can be figured out, but not who owns the phone and who used the phone to make a call.

Pinning that down has to come from other tracking data or witnesses.

Unreal.
Kudos to the DA to keeping the AA to 130 pages.

Last edited:
I believe the source for the Saturday night FB friend requests was AM-- when he appeared on Dr. Phil show:

But in a clip of a scheduled appearance on “Dr. Phil,” Moorman tells the talk show host that he is confident investigators are building a case against Barry Morphew — though authorities have not named a person of interest or suspect in the disappearance.

In the interview, Moorman revealed for the first time that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime on the Saturday night before she was reported missing.

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

Moorman told Dr. Phil that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime after 4 p.m. and then someone involved manipulated her Facebook account — but it’s not clear who or why.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing
10/2/2020

Based on what has been shared with facebook timestamps from the Pre-Trial, and the timeline put together by posters is this still possible for Saturday?

“She was seen in town with Barry getting a sandwich at 4 p.m.,” Moorman said. “At midnight, somebody friended all of the guys my age on her Facebook at midnight.”

ETA: from @OldCop timeline. If the account was actually of Saturday and she was actually seen at 4pm that would be after the chipmunk episode it seems.

2:44-2:47 pm BM moving around outside house, BM shooting chipmunks?

2:44-4:44 pm Truck doesn’t move

4:44 BM truck door opens/closes

4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc

4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa (however store closes at 2 on saturdays) ***

Last edited:
Earlier I mentioned that Suzanne didn’t respond to Barry’s Sunday texts. Now I see that Suzanne may have ignored Barry’s 11 calls on Saturday. If ignoring each other was “normal” for them, then her not responding to his texts Sunday may have no significance.

If they did have a fight Friday, she may have been stewing Saturday morning. I can’t get past Barry’s statement that they had a great day and evening Saturday. If that were true, would she really have ignored his “Are you up, I love you, Happy Mother’s Day” text on Sunday? And other texts throughout the day?

It is a small detail in a sea of information, but her not responding to either Barry (early) or the girls all day, is a key piece of information to me. If her phone was not used at all / turned off / disabled around 4 am Sunday morning, it’s a slam dunk. A mother would not turn off her cell phone and shut out her daughters, father, sister, all close friends on Mother’s Day.

I can only conclude that Suzanne was not alive Sunday. And Barry was alone with her Saturday by his own admission.

Last edited:
Based on what has been shared with facebook timestamps from the Pre-Trial, and the timeline put together by posters is this still possible for Saturday?

ETA: from @OldCop timeline. If the account was actually of Saturday and she was actually seen at 4pm that would be after the chipmunk episode it seems.

4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa (however store closes at 2 on saturdays) ***
IIRC way back in the threads someone went and talked to the sandwich shop person and it was a different Suzanne.

Considering what we now know about the state of their relationship and the text exchanges that occurred and were deleted in the week leading up to SM’s murder, plus the huge fight they had Friday night (Per CM with TIR), it’s insightful to see this particular persistent action by BM on Saturday morning.
^^rsbm

I disagree with CM/TIR that there was a huge fight on Friday night. PH evidence indicates that SM sent BM a message on Weds, May 6, telling him they were done and hoped to carry on civilly. The couple was said to have collected a Pizza together on Friday, May 8. We also know that BM spent Weds - Saturday attempting to make amends and love bombing SM but it didn't work. SM's mind was made on Weds -- she was done. MOO

Imo - no she was not seen at any shop in town - she was dead …

According to the timeline BM sent the "Want to hike?" text at 9:50am. This text exchange never made sense to me either. Within the hour he changed his mind and didn't want to go hiking anymore. I agree with you and feel like BM realized what he said and what he wanted to do and backed out. BM worked a lot and for him to want to go hiking during the work day seems out of character. IMO
Yes and if the Broomfield job really was planned in advance to start on Monday, he would need his employee and bobcat to finish the riverfront job on Saturday. JMO

Did I read somewhere that Barry thought she could have been having an emotional affair? I don’t think he had any idea at the time she was also having a physical affair. I like to think he found that out after the fact……

O/T Hey MyJoey....so glad to see u posting here. Just wanted to say hello & tell u how much I luv your avatar of Joey. Such a handsome guy with a great smile. Hope u are doing well!

So on Friday 5/8, SM went and met BM at Tailwinds. Then either SM went home and BM went to get the pizza or BM and SM went to get the pizza together. I don’t think they could eat at the pizza place because of COVID and they had two cars so why go with him? We do know that SM texted a photo of BM at the pizza place to her daughters. We don’t know if SM took the photo or if BM took the photo and sent it to SM.
***FYI I just googled some reviews of Moonlight Pizza from May of 2020. Apparently you could eat there at that time. You could eat outside or inside “with garage doors open”. Now, maybe that’s where the persistent rumors of BM and SM being seen together at a sandwich place at 4:00 pm on Friday or Saturday came from?
Either way, if they got their pizza early, BM still could have gone to the dig site, on CR105, later that night to do some work as stated by MG.
7:15 pm SM to JL: He’s gone for a bit. Can you talk? Was this when BM went to the dig site?
If they ate together at Moonlight Pizza perhaps SM took her car home and BM took his truck to the dig site which was much closer than going all the way to Maysville and back.
I believe the "sandwich shop" sighting at 4 pm was based on a tip that proved to be false. Although frequent customers, the restaurant's "Suzanne" order proved to be for a different customer than Morphew.

I believe BM planned to work late on Friday at the river build site (beach house) and invited SM to join him for a tour. SM reported declined the tour but seems they met in town and either dined together or BM grabbed some pizza and SM went home with the remainder in her own vehicle. SM later told JL she had a magnificent day - ate pizza and looked at a home for sale in Salida. (from NoSI notes).

Imo - no she was not seen at any shop in town - she was dead …
It looks like the midnight time stamp would be incorrect as well. If this is the same individual that previously stated Saturday for the FB friend requests. I feel it could highlight that the day may have been off, or some information was mixed up, just as the time (midnight) was. There was likely a lot of information to navigate at the time for all the parties impacted. Hopefully the date gets cleared up on Monday or Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks