Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, folks. Here is the latest update on the timeline put together by @oviedo and myself. We used a lot of additional info from @NoSi’s great preliminary hearing notes, from everyone who was kind enough to post the Tweets from the journalists at the hearing, and from everyone who pointed out errors or inconsistencies in our last update. It should be noted that there are still some discrepancies because we don’t know what we don’t know.
This timeline is intended to be a streamlined, bulleted version to make it easy for us to reference as we follow the case. For in-depth reports, go to the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread.
We hope we can fill in some gaps and tighten this up even further next week.

Update 8/21/21

Morphew Case Timeline

ETU = Exact Time Unknown

d = defense

*** = conflicting or disputed information

Tuesday 5/5

ETU SM drives MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 for camping trip

Wednesday 5/6

ETU SM texts BM: “I’m done. Could care less about what you have been up to for years. We just need to figure things out civilly.”

2:43 – 5:00 BM at Tailwinds jobsite, Poncha Springs

3:51 pmBM to SM: I am not hiding checks. Fighting about money.

ETU BM texts several suicidal messages which he deletes

ETU SM and BM evening walk -they see the housekeeper putting trash in the dumpster

Thursday 5/7

7:27 am SM messages JL about how magical past days were

ETU Continues to message him throughout the day.

ETU BM texts someone about buying a new F350

ETU BM tries to call SM’s dad

ETU MM1 & MM2 text photos from the camping trip to BM and SM

ETU MM1 sends text to BM & SM saying, “Finally got the job!”

ETU SM goes to bike shop UNCONFIRMED

4:43 pm SM tells BM she has been studying all day and is making veggie stew for dinner.

Evening ETU Back and forth texts with GD

Friday 5/8

7:02 am SM writes list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave marriage on Notes

8:43 am SM tells BM (text?) that she will continue to help him with his invoicing 9:28 am SM texts sister: BM abusive physically and emotionally. Long text(s)

Sister tells SM she doesn’t know what to say.

10:55 am BM texts SM I Love You, Suzanne

1:18 pm BM texts Colton Nebal SS&S, about getting hot tub fixed. Asks when someone can come out to the home.

2:49 pm BM asks SM to stop by worksite if she can. BM told her to bring cold drink and he would show her worksite. SM told BM she was studying and planned to go on bike ride.

ETU SM went to Tailwinds worksite.

ETU SM & BM got into SM’s RR and went to Safeway and Moonlight Pizza. SM took pic of BM at Moonlight Pizza and sent it to daughters via text (NoSi)

7:15 pm: SM to JL: He’s gone for a bit. Can you talk?

ETU BM works at Salida dig site (MG) UNCONFIRMED

8:50 pm SM’s FB codes reset. (NoSi) ***

Saturday 5/9

12:02 am incoming call on SM’s phone(d)

2:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (d)

6:00 am BM’s phone received call (d)

7:19 am BM’s cell received signal

7:22-7:39 BM at Tailwinds worksite

8:08-9:37 am BM at CR105 worksite, (riverfront dig site)

9:35 am SM and JL communicate via 59 LinkedIn messages

ETU SM communicates with SO about 5/10 wedding. SM plans to attend virtually.

8:43 am SM and JL communicate about move to AZ

9:33 am SM tells BM about a house on King Gulch Trail

ETU SM to JL: Had a nice quiet night. Got pizza. Looked around Salida for a house for sale. Still thinking about Arizona.

9:49 am BM tries to call SM 11x, no return calls

9:50-11:05 am BM at Tailwinds

9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?

9:52 am SM to BM, Where? (No response)

10:00 SM asking about getting summer tires put on Range Rover

10:36 am SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?

10:48 am BM: No, coming home

10:49 am SM: Get hot tub stuff

11:00 am Tail Winds property (new subdivision)

11:30 am Veggie soup at home with SM - (leftovers from Thursday?)

11:50 am-12:50 pm BM cell ping near river behind house. BM said looking for turkey that daughter shot some time before.***

11:50 am-12:20 pm BM phone on trail going to RV park (NoSi)***

12:55 pm BM text to Justin Cribari: Home now. Give me a bit more time.

1:30 pm BM called SM(?), Tim Barrow, Justin Cribari (@NoSI)

1:38 pm BM left home- checked on job at Kim Gyms

1:42 pm SM text to JL: Guess who is alone again?

1:46 pm BM on US 50 heading towards town. (East) Texts Justin Cribari: Are you around to look at backhoe?

1:55 pm BM at DSI

2:00 pm BM getting blade replaced on Bobcat, (Justin Cribari?) considered buying backhoe attachment. Did not purchase

2:03 pm SM sends sunbathing pic to JL. Last proof of life.

2:11 pm last LinkedIn message with JL, SM tells JL to go on What’s App

2:35 pm BM texts SM that he’s on the way home

2:43:59 pm BM returned home

ETU JL sends several texts, no response

2:47 pm BM’s phone goes to airplane mode

2:44-2:47 pm BM moving around outside house, BM shooting chipmunks?

2:44-4:44 pm Truck doesn’t move

4:44 BM truck door opens/closes

4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc

4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa (however store closes at 2 on saturdays) ***

5:30 pm BM truck system rebooted ***

8:00 pm – 9:00 pm SM’s FB account reset, fr’s sent out to mostly males ***

9:25 pm Truck gear goes into reverse and goes back 95 feet in driveway

9:52 pm truck door closes

10:17 pm BM phone out of airplane mode

10:18 pm – 4:32 am (5\10) BM’s phone plugged in at PP*** (d)

Sunday 5/10/21

2:53 am SM Outgoing call on SM’s phone

3:25-3:49 am BM car door opened 4 times and closed 3 times

3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

4:22-4:23 am SM last signal from phone, quite away from home, near a park. Not connected to cell tower. (@NoSI)

4:30 am SM’s last phone ping near Poncha Springs (from Tweet)

4:31 am BM phone into airplane mode

4:32 am BM phone unplugged*** (d), contradicts BM cell at 50/225 at 3:58

ETU between 4:32 and 5:00 am BM turns west (left) on US50 because he was following an elk, should have turned east, (right) to go to Bloomfield

5:37 am BM phone off airplane mode near Johnson Village turning on 285 heading towards Denver/Bloomfield

5:38 am BM text HMD to his mom

6:56 am BM texts SM “You up? Happy Mother’s Day. I love you.”

8:10 am Car door opened at RTD bus stop in Broomfield off Hwy 36, driver and passenger door opened, stayed 1 ½ minutes - Trash Drop #1

8:12 - 8:20 am BM parks on south side of HIE away from cameras, throws things in trash. Trash Drop #2

8:25 BM drives to front of HIE, walks to room

8:38 am BM goes to room, changes into blk v neck, hiking boots, carrying different bag

8:41 am BM texts SM that he arrived

8:52 am BM enters hotel carrying clothes, (teal and black colored), hiking boots, light blue plastic bag

9:52 BM leaves hotel, dressed differently, carrying hiking boots and bag. (Says he brought in hiking boots because he wanted to remove laces but throw away boots.).

10:10 BM seen on hotel camera carrying Target bag. Goes to truck, comes back empty handed.

10:11 He goes back to truck. He drives by wall but does not stop, goes to MacDonald’s. Forcefully pushing things in trash with both hands. Trash Drop #3

ETU BM then goes to a car wash for 2-3 minutes. BM says he was washing windshield.

ETU BM then goes to Men’s Wearhouse parking lot, spends 40 minutes. Driver & pass doors open and close multiple times. BM says he dumps tranquilizer materials. Trash Drop #4

11:10 am BM goes back to room with large notebook with messy papers

11:30 am Leaves room in a different shirt, gray t shirt, with large notebook and neat papers,

ETU BM goes to wall, puts truck in “park”, door opens and closes. He works 11-15 minutes, removed blocks/stone from wall.

11:20 am BM calls SM. No answer

12:06 pm BM calls MM1

12:27 pm BM throws away 2 bags, with camo coat, tree container, (tranquilizer material?), in dumpster at HIE. He walks across lot rather than parking near dumpster. BM walks back to hotel with hands in pocket and head down. Trash Dump #5

12:42-5:55 pm BM in room at HIE

3:39 pm texts SM, asks her to call him

5:15 pm PP neighbor Ritter calls BM

5:45 pm Ritter calls BM

5:46 pm Chaffee County Communications Ctr receives report of woman missing from area of 225 & Hwy 50

5:55 pm BM changed shirts again and left hotel room wearing backpack.

5:58 pm LE attempts to contact BM, no response

6:00 pm BM makes three trips in and out of hotel entrance bringing in hand tools including a shovel and rake. Asks front desk if he can leave them for his workers.

6:10 pm BM calls MG and tells her he is leaving Broomfield because of a “family emergency”.

6:21 pm BM calls SM, no answer

7:21 pm BM calls SM, no answer

7:10 pm LE attempts to contact BM, no response

8:45 pm BM arrives home, ask LE if bike was found.

ETU BM and GD at scene where bike found. LE asks them not to touch bike.

ETU BM and GD start walking away. LE calls BM back. Tells him he has more questions for him.

Monday 5/11/21

1:21 am BM calls SM, no answer

Thank you so much for this updated timeline @oviedo and @OldCop! This is super helpful! Thank you very much.

I believe BM planned to work late on Friday at the river build site (beach house) and invited SM to join him for a tour. SM reported declined the tour but seems they met in town and either dined together or BM grabbed some pizza and SM went home with the remainder in her own vehicle. SM later told JL she had a magnificent day - ate pizza and looked at a home for sale in Salida. (from NoSI notes).

AFTER the May 6 message, “I’m done”…..

FRIDAY “Hey honey, wanna go see where my work site is and I’ll give you a “tour””?

She declines a “tour” of the construction site and decides to meet in a public place for pizza instead.

SATURDAY “Wanna go for a hike?” Calls 11 times.

When he realized he had created a digital record of luring her on a hike he had to revert to plan “C” that night?

Is that timing correct???

Last edited:
It looks like the midnight time stamp would be incorrect as well. If this is the same individual that previously stated Saturday for the FB friend requests. I feel it could highlight that the day may have been off, or some information was mixed up, just as the time (midnight) was. There was likely a lot of information to navigate at the time for all the parties impacted. Hopefully the date gets cleared up on Monday or Tuesday.
MOO the thing about the FB friend requests is that the people in Indiana who received them know when the requests came in, so that is first hand knowledge for AM.
He still might be relaying it wrongly, but it seems unikely.

The Saturday sandwich shop sighting was something else, it was said by someone in CO.

Last edited:

FRIDAY “Hey honey, wanna go see where my work site is and I’ll give you a “tour””?

She declines a “tour” and decides to meet in a public place for pizza instead.

SATURDAY “Wanna go for a hike?”

When he realized he had created a digital record of luring her on a hike he had to revert to plan “C” that night?

BM texting SM to come “tour” the site must be the real reason CBI cut through the concrete slabs and sifted through the dirt.

Reading through these, he was trying to lure her…

He must have been desperate by Saturday afternoon, he needed to finish the job by the time the girls came back from their trip.

Last edited:
Tomorrow will have us biting nails and tapping keyboards again. My anxiety level the last time was through the roof.

May justice be served for Suzanne. I honestly believe there is already enough to bind him over to trial, and hopefully the Prosecution can get a word in edgewise this time around. :D

Witness. Hostile?
… I guess the state could call GD as a hostile witness….
@girlhasnoname Thanks for your post. sbm for focus. After SM’s disappeared iirc, BM stayed at GD’s home, so seems they’re friends. Iirc GD is a Vol.FF like BM, and GD’s business – elec? plumbing? or ? – may offer some backscratching opportunities w BM's landscaping business. I do not know of other social or business ties btwn them. Anyone recall?

State calling GD as a witness? Yes, permissible.
Would GD be treated as a hostile witness? From CO Rules of Evd.* below, I’m not sure. Does a person’s friendship w a crim defendant compel the ct to rule him a hostile witness, allowing prosecutor to ask leading questions in direct examination?** Ct makes ruling on case by case basis, iiuc. Is friendship sufficient?
Would there be any other advantage to prosecutor, aside from being allowed to ask leading questions?
Welcoming comments on this issue, esp’ly from our legal professionals. TiA. My2ct.
(c) Leading questions. Leading questions should not be used on the direct examination of a witness except as may be necessary to develop his testimony. Leading questions should be permitted on cross-examination. When a party calls a hostile witness, an adverse party, or a witness identified with an adverse party, interrogation may be by leading questions."
bbm
^ Rule 611 - Mode and Order of Interrogation and Presentation, Colo. R. Evid. 611 | Casetext Search + Citator

** By calling a witness to the stand, in direct examination of that witness, the prosecutor is typically prohibited from asking leading questions. But in cross examining him, def atty is permitted to pose leading questions.
If the court rules a witness (e.g., GD) to be a ‘hostile witness’, then during direct examination prosecutor would the advantage of posing leading questions.

Witness. Hostile?
@girlhasnoname Thanks for your post. sbm for focus. After SM’s disappeared iirc, BM stayed at GD’s home, so seems they’re friends. Iirc GD is a Vol.FF like BM, and GD’s business – elec? plumbing? or ? – may offer some backscratching opportunities w BM's landscaping business. I do not know of other social or business ties btwn them. Anyone recall?

State calling GD as a witness? Yes, permissible.
Would GD be treated as a hostile witness? From CO Rules of Evd.* below, I’m not sure. Does a person’s friendship w a crim defendant compel the ct to rule him a hostile witness, allowing prosecutor to ask leading questions in direct examination?** Ct makes ruling on case by case basis, iiuc. Is friendship sufficient?
Would there be any other advantage to prosecutor, aside from being allowed to ask leading questions?
Welcoming comments on this issue, esp’ly from our legal professionals. TiA. My2ct.
(c) Leading questions. Leading questions should not be used on the direct examination of a witness except as may be necessary to develop his testimony. Leading questions should be permitted on cross-examination. When a party calls a hostile witness, an adverse party, or a witness identified with an adverse party, interrogation may be by leading questions."
bbm
^ Rule 611 - Mode and Order of Interrogation and Presentation, Colo. R. Evid. 611 | Casetext Search + Citator

** By calling a witness to the stand, in direct examination of that witness, the prosecutor is typically prohibited from asking leading questions. But in cross examining him, def atty is permitted to pose leading questions.
If the court rules a witness (e.g., GD) to be a ‘hostile witness’, then during direct examination prosecutor would the advantage of posing leading questions.
Hi al66pine. I was making that statement wondering if GD was still good friends/supporter of BM or not and if the State had any reason to call him.

IDK what that relationship might be now that some evidence has come forward.

Want to say how amazing it is to have such wonderful and dedicated members! Thank you... for constructing such a carefully detailed timeline. So appreciated when someone like me is behind a thread or two!

The first text from BM to SM “Want to hike?” may be of more importance than it seems. As soon as SM asks “Where?”, BM becomes quiet and ends that conversation. Makes me wonder if BM had realized at that point he made a mistake texting that question and therefore froze and/or could not come up with an answer.

If BM’s earlier statement re. burying one of his daughters’ ex-boyfriends under a tree is true, and BM was seen under surveillance carrying and disposing of a tree container, then wanting to take SM hiking near/to where this pre-dug tree hole was makes for a good theory. Such a shame he did not text the location.

MOO

PS: I still cannot discount someone else helping BM that night. Specially, after the Telematics show both driver and passenger doors opening and closing.

Two people I cannot let go of yet:
GD lying to reporters saying he was telling LE to stop touching the bike when in fact it was him and BM who were touching it.

The mystery e-bike rider watching over the FBI at the Longhorn Ranch Lot.

MOO Again

RSBM..

Jane, I echo your accolades to @NoSI @OldCop and @oviedo . We are all grateful! Jane worded it beautifully. And thanks to those who helped edit!

Barry Froze. He realized he couldn't go there verbally, this makes sense. Great thinking.

As to GD....my thoughts from the get go were GD and TN were used.

“My buddy was there right after that, and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen to him and said, ‘this is not CSI,’” Morphew told Fox 21 News. Note Barry doesn't put himself there with George, when he clearly was. Sounds like more Barry BS to me. I can't find this quoted by George but I could be wrong. I think GD and TN were sincerely on board with Barry initially to help and realized they were being used pretty early on.
GD has too much going for him, as does TN... a life, a career, and a family...don't see them throwing that away for Barry. Is there anything out there to suggest they are close and remained close. I remember Barry telling Lauren GD wouldn't meet her but he definitely did. Other neighbors helped out putting up searchers besides GD.

Mystery rider...no idea where or if they fit in. I am not surprised about the car doors, seems he had lot to load, makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Non-tekkie question.....if BM had a burner phone that he used to call MG with...wouldn't that number be identifiable and traceable for the purposes of recovering its history of use? There have been comments about Barry possibly using a burner phone...but if he used it to communicate with others....i would think it would be traceable if identifiable.

Yes, it would be very silly for him to use a burner for that.

If he is going to impersonate someone online, or spoof his wife's FB, then he should use it. Or, if he is communicating with someone else's burner, as you know, is recommended by recent online literature on how to hide oneself online. IMO.

I don't think he had a burner, per se. I think it was another phone, but not a burner - just something he could reasonably hide from one person (Suzanne).

Tomorrow will have us biting nails and tapping keyboards again. My anxiety level the last time was through the roof.

May justice be served for Suzanne. I honestly believe there is already enough to bind him over to trial, and hopefully the Prosecution can get a word in edgewise this time around. :D
The defense:
Multiply confusion
Dominate time
Scatter theories
Floozify the victim

Judge bringing out the chess clock on days 3 and 4.
MOO prosecution owed 1.5 more hours than D to make up for D overun on days 1 and 2.

RSBM..

Jane, I echo your accolades to @NoSI @OldCop and @oviedo . We are all grateful! Jane worded it beautifully. And thanks to those who helped edit!

Barry Froze. He realized he couldn't go there verbally, this makes sense. Great thinking.

“My buddy was there right after that, and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen to him and said, ‘this is not CSI,’” Morphew told Fox 21 News. Note Barry doesn't put himself there with George, when he clearly was. Sounds like more Barry BS to me. I can't find this quoted by George but I could be wrong. I think GD and TN were sincerely on board with Barry initially to help and realized they were being used pretty early on.
GD has too much going for him, as does TN... a life, a career, and a family...don't see them throwing that away for Barry.

Mystery rider...no idea where or if they fit in. I am not surprised about the car doors, seems he had lot to load, makes sense to me.
Its amazing he had to be asked to stop touching the bike.

BM later spins the incident so that HE asked them to be more careful of evidence and that the police said
"this isn't CSI."

Yes, it would be very silly for him to use a burner for that.

If he is going to impersonate someone online, or spoof his wife's FB, then he should use it. Or, if he is communicating with someone else's burner, as you know, is recommended by recent online literature on how to hide oneself online. IMO.

I don't think he had a burner, per se. I think it was another phone, but not a burner - just something he could reasonably hide from one person (Suzanne).
It’s that second phone …. I can’t wait until Monday - just wish I could watch and hear Live!!

RSBM..

GD has too much going for him, as does TN... a life, a career, and a family...don't see them throwing that away for Barry. Is there anything out their to suggest they are close and remained close. I remember Barry telling Lauren GD wouldn't meet her but he definitely did. Other neighbors helped out putting up searchers besides GD.

Here’s Lauren Scharf’s YT Video featuring her interview with GD:

Of Note: At around 3:30 minute mark, there’s a screen shot of Suzanne’s post riding her bike. In it, she tags her bike as a #santacruz superlight brand bike:
“Maiden voyage tonight on the superlight! #santacruz #shavanowilderness”

Mount Shavano Trail

Bike Archive: Superlight | Santa Cruz Bicycles
tsSygTktu9U

Last edited:

She declines a “tour” of the construction site and decides to meet in a public place for pizza instead.

SATURDAY “Wanna go for a hike?” Calls 11 times.

MOO

I think she replied "Where?" in response to his hike text. I believe she then texted BM an hour later asking him about if he wanted to hike and he said no, he was coming home. Hard to say if he had actually planned something nefarious on a "hike." If so, why did he turn her down when she asked later?

It is hard for me to make sense of SM wanting to go anywhere with BM after telling him 3 days earlier that she was done with the marriage. Maybe she wanted to go hike and thought it would be safer to go with BM instead of by herself?

Trying to piece something together here ( and I’m probably crazy lol). Could SM have been looking to buy a house for herself and stay in the area until youngest daughter was out of school? After telling BM on 5/6 that she was done and wanted to do it civilly. Sometimes once you’ve decided to do something and see a way out you can let your guard down so maybe she told him her plans.

Or he found out.

In late April SM opened a “secret “ bank account with Green Dot and a fund management account with Compass.
There is a Compass in Greenwood Village (suburb of Denver) that deals with property management.

Home - Compass Management

Texts go on to say that #SuzanneMorphew morning before she went missing-- she allegedly messages Jeff Libler telling him she had a fine night and looked at houses for sale. She follows that with "Still talk about Arizona." @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425123807417802752?s=21

#BarryMorphew returned back to the hotel with a large notebook with papers that are messy. Then left the hotel 20 minutes later with the notebook in hand with papers neat in hand. He also has changed shirts into a grey t-shirt.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425150297198977035?s=21

JP says that in the hotel room he found one piece of mail with BM’s name on it under some balled up brochures for Salida real estate. At 27:00

Yes. He was always working, the main problem for Suzanne.
Then in October 2018 BM also joined the VFF.
So that pretty clear. You don't own me.

By December 2018 Suzanne was talking to JL, also no longer "owned."

BM was always supposed to be working but where was he when the wall was screwed up the first time? And why wasn't he planning to stay and make sure it was fixed right in May 2020? It sounded like he had no intention of being there to make sure it was done right. Just because he claimed he was always working and Suzanne and other people thought he was- doesn't mean he really was working all the time. He didn't punch a clock or answer to a boss and he sure liked to use airplane mode. He could have done anything he wanted to and said he was off being a "workaholic". He could have been off living this "secret life" that Suzanne texted to SO about twice. God only knows what that involved. MOO

Okay, folks. Here is the latest update on the timeline put together by @oviedo and myself. We used a lot of additional info from @NoSi’s great preliminary hearing notes, from everyone who was kind enough to post the Tweets from the journalists at the hearing, and from everyone who pointed out errors or inconsistencies in our last update. It should be noted that there are still some discrepancies because we don’t know what we don’t know.
This timeline is intended to be a streamlined, bulleted version to make it easy for us to reference as we follow the case. For in-depth reports, go to the Media, Maps, and Timeline thread.
We hope we can fill in some gaps and tighten this up even further next week.

Update 8/21/21

Morphew Case Timeline

ETU = Exact Time Unknown

d = defense

*** = conflicting or disputed information

Tuesday 5/5

ETU SM drives MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 for camping trip

Wednesday 5/6

ETU SM texts BM: “I’m done. Could care less about what you have been up to for years. We just need to figure things out civilly.”

2:43 – 5:00 BM at Tailwinds jobsite, Poncha Springs

3:51 pmBM to SM: I am not hiding checks. Fighting about money.

ETU BM texts several suicidal messages which he deletes

ETU SM and BM evening walk -they see the housekeeper putting trash in the dumpster

Thursday 5/7

7:27 am SM messages JL about how magical past days were

ETU Continues to message him throughout the day.

ETU BM texts someone about buying a new F350

ETU BM tries to call SM’s dad

ETU MM1 & MM2 text photos from the camping trip to BM and SM

ETU MM1 sends text to BM & SM saying, “Finally got the job!”

ETU SM goes to bike shop UNCONFIRMED

4:43 pm SM tells BM she has been studying all day and is making veggie stew for dinner.

Evening ETU Back and forth texts with GD

Friday 5/8

7:02 am SM writes list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave marriage on Notes

8:43 am SM tells BM (text?) that she will continue to help him with his invoicing 9:28 am SM texts sister: BM abusive physically and emotionally. Long text(s)

Sister tells SM she doesn’t know what to say.

10:55 am BM texts SM I Love You, Suzanne

1:18 pm BM texts Colton Nebal SS&S, about getting hot tub fixed. Asks when someone can come out to the home.

2:49 pm BM asks SM to stop by worksite if she can. BM told her to bring cold drink and he would show her worksite. SM told BM she was studying and planned to go on bike ride.

ETU SM went to Tailwinds worksite.

ETU SM & BM got into SM’s RR and went to Safeway and Moonlight Pizza. SM took pic of BM at Moonlight Pizza and sent it to daughters via text (NoSi)

7:15 pm: SM to JL: He’s gone for a bit. Can you talk?

ETU BM works at Salida dig site (MG) UNCONFIRMED

8:50 pm SM’s FB codes reset. (NoSi) ***

Saturday 5/9

12:02 am incoming call on SM’s phone(d)

2:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (d)

6:00 am BM’s phone received call (d)

7:19 am BM’s cell received signal

7:22-7:39 BM at Tailwinds worksite

8:08-9:37 am BM at CR105 worksite, (riverfront dig site)

9:35 am SM and JL communicate via 59 LinkedIn messages

ETU SM communicates with SO about 5/10 wedding. SM plans to attend virtually.

8:43 am SM and JL communicate about move to AZ

9:33 am SM tells BM about a house on King Gulch Trail

ETU SM to JL: Had a nice quiet night. Got pizza. Looked around Salida for a house for sale. Still thinking about Arizona.

9:49 am BM tries to call SM 11x, no return calls

9:50-11:05 am BM at Tailwinds

9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?

9:52 am SM to BM, Where? (No response)

10:00 SM asking about getting summer tires put on Range Rover

10:36 am SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?

10:48 am BM: No, coming home

10:49 am SM: Get hot tub stuff

11:00 am Tail Winds property (new subdivision)

11:30 am Veggie soup at home with SM - (leftovers from Thursday?)

11:50 am-12:50 pm BM cell ping near river behind house. BM said looking for turkey that daughter shot some time before.***

11:50 am-12:20 pm BM phone on trail going to RV park (NoSi)***

12:55 pm BM text to Justin Cribari: Home now. Give me a bit more time.

1:30 pm BM called SM(?), Tim Barrow, Justin Cribari (@NoSI)

1:38 pm BM left home- checked on job at Kim Gyms

1:42 pm SM text to JL: Guess who is alone again?

1:46 pm BM on US 50 heading towards town. (East) Texts Justin Cribari: Are you around to look at backhoe?

1:55 pm BM at DSI

2:00 pm BM getting blade replaced on Bobcat, (Justin Cribari?) considered buying backhoe attachment. Did not purchase

2:03 pm SM sends sunbathing pic to JL. Last proof of life.

2:11 pm last LinkedIn message with JL, SM tells JL to go on What’s App

2:35 pm BM texts SM that he’s on the way home

2:43:59 pm BM returned home

ETU JL sends several texts, no response

2:47 pm BM’s phone goes to airplane mode

2:44-2:47 pm BM moving around outside house, BM shooting chipmunks?

2:44-4:44 pm Truck doesn’t move

4:44 BM truck door opens/closes

4:44-9:25 pm AA pge 6 truck stays in same loc

4:00-5:30 (sometime) Defense says BM in Salida Stove and Spa (however store closes at 2 on saturdays) ***

5:30 pm BM truck system rebooted ***

8:00 pm – 9:00 pm SM’s FB account reset, fr’s sent out to mostly males ***

9:25 pm Truck gear goes into reverse and goes back 95 feet in driveway

9:52 pm truck door closes

10:17 pm BM phone out of airplane mode

10:18 pm – 4:32 am (5\10) BM’s phone plugged in at PP*** (d)

Sunday 5/10/21

2:53 am SM Outgoing call on SM’s phone

3:25-3:49 am BM car door opened 4 times and closed 3 times

3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

4:22-4:23 am SM last signal from phone, quite away from home, near a park. Not connected to cell tower. (@NoSI)

4:30 am SM’s last phone ping near Poncha Springs (from Tweet)

4:31 am BM phone into airplane mode

4:32 am BM phone unplugged*** (d), contradicts BM cell at 50/225 at 3:58

ETU between 4:32 and 5:00 am BM turns west (left) on US50 because he was following an elk, should have turned east, (right) to go to Bloomfield

5:37 am BM phone off airplane mode near Johnson Village turning on 285 heading towards Denver/Bloomfield

5:38 am BM text HMD to his mom

6:56 am BM texts SM “You up? Happy Mother’s Day. I love you.”

8:10 am Car door opened at RTD bus stop in Broomfield off Hwy 36, driver and passenger door opened, stayed 1 ½ minutes - Trash Drop #1

8:12 - 8:20 am BM parks on south side of HIE away from cameras, throws things in trash. Trash Drop #2

8:25 BM drives to front of HIE, walks to room

8:38 am BM goes to room, changes into blk v neck, hiking boots, carrying different bag

8:41 am BM texts SM that he arrived

8:52 am BM enters hotel carrying clothes, (teal and black colored), hiking boots, light blue plastic bag

9:52 BM leaves hotel, dressed differently, carrying hiking boots and bag. (Says he brought in hiking boots because he wanted to remove laces but throw away boots.).

10:10 BM seen on hotel camera carrying Target bag. Goes to truck, comes back empty handed.

10:11 He goes back to truck. He drives by wall but does not stop, goes to MacDonald’s. Forcefully pushing things in trash with both hands. Trash Drop #3

ETU BM then goes to a car wash for 2-3 minutes. BM says he was washing windshield.

ETU BM then goes to Men’s Wearhouse parking lot, spends 40 minutes. Driver & pass doors open and close multiple times. BM says he dumps tranquilizer materials. Trash Drop #4

11:10 am BM goes back to room with large notebook with messy papers

11:30 am Leaves room in a different shirt, gray t shirt, with large notebook and neat papers,

ETU BM goes to wall, puts truck in “park”, door opens and closes. He works 11-15 minutes, removed blocks/stone from wall.

11:20 am BM calls SM. No answer

12:06 pm BM calls MM1

12:27 pm BM throws away 2 bags, with camo coat, tree container, (tranquilizer material?), in dumpster at HIE. He walks across lot rather than parking near dumpster. BM walks back to hotel with hands in pocket and head down. Trash Dump #5

12:42-5:55 pm BM in room at HIE

3:39 pm texts SM, asks her to call him

5:15 pm PP neighbor Ritter calls BM

5:45 pm Ritter calls BM

5:46 pm Chaffee County Communications Ctr receives report of woman missing from area of 225 & Hwy 50

5:55 pm BM changed shirts again and left hotel room wearing backpack.

5:58 pm LE attempts to contact BM, no response

6:00 pm BM makes three trips in and out of hotel entrance bringing in hand tools including a shovel and rake. Asks front desk if he can leave them for his workers.

6:10 pm BM calls MG and tells her he is leaving Broomfield because of a “family emergency”.

6:21 pm BM calls SM, no answer

7:21 pm BM calls SM, no answer

7:10 pm LE attempts to contact BM, no response

8:45 pm BM arrives home, ask LE if bike was found.

ETU BM and GD at scene where bike found. LE asks them not to touch bike.

ETU BM and GD start walking away. LE calls BM back. Tells him he has more questions for him.

Monday 5/11/21

1:21 am BM calls SM, no answer

Amazing work @OldCop @oviedo Great notes @NoSI. can’t wait until Monday/Tuesday.

MOO

I think she replied "Where?" in response to his hike text. I believe she then texted BM an hour later asking him about if he wanted to hike and he said no, he was coming home. Hard to say if he had actually planned something nefarious on a "hike."

It is hard for me to make sense of SM wanting to go anywhere with BM after telling him 3 days earlier that she was done with the marriage. Maybe she wanted to go hike and thought it would be safer to go with BM instead of by herself?

I think she’s suspected something was up and replied “Where?” instead of outright saying no. When she texted him later to ask if he still wanted go on a hike, I think that she just wanted to see what he would say. I don’t believe that she would have agreed to hike with him. She was afraid of him. She didn’t trust him. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23