Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to piece something together here ( and I’m probably crazy lol). Could SM have been looking to buy a house for herself

Home - Compass Management

#SuzanneMorphew morning before she went missing-- she allegedly messages Jeff Libler telling him she had a fine night and looked at houses for sale. She follows that with "Still talk about Arizona." @KKTV11News

Just speculating...

Could "Still talk about Arizona" be in reference to something that she and Barry had been discussing?

Didn't CM from TIR report that LE chose to arrest BM because they were concerned that he was moving to AZ imminently?

Many thanks to @OldCop and @oviedo for the phone timeline!

I am curious about this call:
2:53 am SM Outgoing call on SM’s phone

Scenario: Barry possibly had both his own and Suzanne’s phone with him when he was out in the early dark hours of Sunday morning. If Barry’s phone was still in airplane mode, it wouldn’t use cell service. But… if he attempted to make a WiFi call (or even a butt-dial) and he was near a tower, might it have connected via Hotspot to Suzanne’s phone, thus registering as a call from her phone service?

Just speculating...

Could "Still talk about Arizona" be in reference to something that she and Barry had been discussing?

Didn't CM from TIR report that LE chose to arrest BM because they were concerned that he was moving to AZ imminently?
I think you’re likely right about Suzanne and Barry discussing a move there, and you’re definitely right about the DA being concerned that he had plans to pack up and move there imminently.

He had apparently been talking about it, and either law enforcement’s or the DA’s office got wind of it.

I think she’s suspected something was up and replied “Where?” instead of outright saying no. When she texted him later to ask if he still wanted go on a hike, I think that she just wanted to see what he would say. I don’t believe that she would have agreed to hike with him. She was afraid of him. She didn’t trust him. MOO
Earlier in the week they were seen together taking a walk by a woman who worked as cleaning staff for the Airbnb’s in the neighborhood.

Many thanks to @OldCop and @oviedo for the phone timeline!

I am curious about this call:
2:53 am SM Outgoing call on SM’s phone

Scenario: Barry possibly had both his own and Suzanne’s phone with him when he was out in the early dark hours of Sunday morning. If Barry’s phone was still in airplane mode, it wouldn’t use cell service. But… if he attempted to make a WiFi call (or even a butt-dial) and he was near a tower, might it have connected via Hotspot to Suzanne’s phone, thus registering as a call from her phone service?

Airplane mode suspends WiFi communication as well as Bluetooth.

Trying to piece something together here ( and I’m probably crazy lol). Could SM have been looking to buy a house for herself and stay in the area until youngest daughter was out of school? After telling BM on 5/6 that she was done and wanted to do it civilly. Sometimes once you’ve decided to do something and see a way out you can let your guard down so maybe she told him her plans.

Or he found out.

In late April SM opened a “secret “ bank account with Green Dot and a fund management account with Compass.
There is a Compass in Greenwood Village (suburb of Denver) that deals with property management.

Home - Compass Management

Texts go on to say that #SuzanneMorphew morning before she went missing-- she allegedly messages Jeff Libler telling him she had a fine night and looked at houses for sale. She follows that with "Still talk about Arizona." @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425123807417802752?s=21

#BarryMorphew returned back to the hotel with a large notebook with papers that are messy. Then left the hotel 20 minutes later with the notebook in hand with papers neat in hand. He also has changed shirts into a grey t-shirt.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425150297198977035?s=21

JP says that in the hotel room he found one piece of mail with BM’s name on it under some balled up brochures for Salida real estate. At 27:00

Good sleuthing!

BM was always supposed to be working but where was he when the wall was screwed up the first time? And why wasn't he planning to stay and make sure it was fixed right in May 2020? It sounded like he had no intention of being there to make sure it was done right. Just because he claimed he was always working and Suzanne and other people thought he was- doesn't mean he really was working all the time. He didn't punch a clock or answer to a boss and he sure liked to use airplane mode. He could have done anything he wanted to and said he was off being a "workaholic". He could have been off living this "secret life" that Suzanne texted to SO about twice. God only knows what that involved. MOO
Agree.

Airplane mode suspends WiFi communication as well as Bluetooth.

I just tried it. Disabled cell on my phone. Turned on airplane mode. Turned on WiFi calling. Had to enter my emergency address for 911 purpose. Enabled WiFi calling while roaming. It gave me a screen that asked if I wanted to enable use of Wifi Calling For Other Devices. My nearby device is a WiFi only iPad. Placed a call to work. It went through.

I think she’s suspected something was up and replied “Where?” instead of outright saying no. When she texted him later to ask if he still wanted go on a hike, I think that she just wanted to see what he would say. I don’t believe that she would have agreed to hike with him. She was afraid of him. She didn’t trust him. MOO
I hadn't thought of her response being a way of trying to figure out what was going on with him! This could be a possibility. I agree that she did not trust him...
However...she was still going for walks with him and went out with him on Friday night for pizza at the same time she was texting him about getting divorced. This is what puzzles me and I wonder...

Was she trying to keep things normal and placate him?

Last edited:
Just speculating...

I interpreted “Still talk about AZ” was BM potentially trying to convince her to move to AZ.

I just tried it. Disabled cell on my phone. Turned on airplane mode. Turned on WiFi calling. Had to enter my emergency address for 911 purpose. Enabled WiFi calling while roaming. It gave me a screen that asked if I wanted to enable use of Wifi Calling For Other Devices. My nearby device is a WiFi only iPad. Placed a call to work. It went through.

Sorry, real life event!

I’m just learning about WiFi calling functions on my own iPad/phone setup. I wanted to be able to use my iPad to call when my phone isn’t handy or vice versa.

Corrected to say,

When the phone is in airplane mode and WiFi calling is enabled by the user the WiFi call will go through as long as there is a strong enough WiFi signal. Other features of airplane mode are not impacted.

Last edited:
The defense:
Multiply confusion
Dominate time
Scatter theories
Floozify the victim

Judge bringing out the chess clock on days 3 and 4.
MOO prosecution owed 1.5 more hours than D to make up for D overun on days 1 and 2.
Add to that: Prosecution needs the best people specializing in digital footprints. Apple/Google technicians or someone that can debunk the shared Apple ID/device confusion. It might be that they have a shared Apple computer in the house signed onto one Apple ID account. But if they also use a Google browser, there might be separate Google Accounts (People) signed into and out of the browser at different times. Therefore, web history can be isolated.

Same for debunking BM’s cellphone speed variances around the house during the chipmunk chasing fiasco.

Defense is well-prepared. The prosecution now knows what to expect and needs to be two steps ahead.

Someone quoted the DA saying something like: sometimes all the Justice a victim gets is taking the case to trial. I say screw that, you need to give each and all your cases your all.

Here’s Lauren Scharf’s YT Video featuring her interview with GD:

Of Note: At around 3:30 minute mark, there’s a screen shot of Suzanne’s post riding her bike. In it, she tags her bike as a #santacruz superlight brand bike:
“Maiden voyage tonight on the superlight! #santacruz #shavanowilderness”

Mount Shavano Trail

Bike Archive: Superlight | Santa Cruz Bicycles
tsSygTktu9U

Range Rovers
350s
Superlight bike
Hunting junkets
Family Vacations

AM is right, that is a lot annual and monthly expenses.

Here’s Lauren Scharf’s YT Video featuring her interview with GD:

Of Note: At around 3:30 minute mark, there’s a screen shot of Suzanne’s post riding her bike. In it, she tags her bike as a #santacruz superlight brand bike:
“Maiden voyage tonight on the superlight! #santacruz #shavanowilderness”

Mount Shavano Trail

Bike Archive: Superlight | Santa Cruz Bicycles
tsSygTktu9U
Thank you Jane for posting video & info re pic of SMs bike. Going to watch now! Moo

Earlier in the week they were seen together taking a walk by a woman who worked as cleaning staff for the Airbnb’s in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the info,I didn’t know that .

I think the word “hike” implies something more rugged and secluded than a neighborhood walk. I don’t think that she would go alone with him into the woods, where there would be no witnesses and no one to hear if she screamed for help. MOO

Prosecution needs the best people specializing in digital footprints. Apple/Google technicians or someone that can debunk the shared Apple ID/device confusion. It might be that they have a shared Apple computer in the house signed onto one Apple ID account. But if they also use a Google browser, there might be separate Google Accounts (People) signed intonation out of the browser at different times. Therefore, web history can be isolated.

Same for debunking BM’s cellphone speed variances around the house during the chipmunk chasing fiasco.

Defense is well-prepared. The prosecution now knows what to expect and needs to be two steps ahead.
Agree. The FBI had a retiring expert CAST agent.
Prosecution needs both the well known expert on Cast and a tech with Cellubrite expertise and that has a gift for simplifying the information.

Eveyone with FMIP knows what happens when someone runs around around or even drives around in a gas station, irregular patterns.
No one thinks the program is defective or anyone is actually running 35 mph through walls.
Grusing alluded to it with strafing.

Last edited:
Just an FYI for anybody unfamiliar-- Tailwinds, referenced in BM's communication and presented as evidence during the PH is a 27+ acre development on the east side of Poncha Springs Lane -- south of U.S. 50. The plan for residential and commercial development was approved in 2018. This is also the same development where BM was working/living (in a townhome) when he was arrested in May 2021.

Joe DeLuca gave an update on the Tailwind project, a 27.5 acre parcel also known as the Bagwell Property located on the east side of Poncha Springs Lane, north of Little River Ranch and south of U.S. 50. The plan calls for it to be divided into 68 lots with a mix of residential and commercial development, before the project comes efore the trustees for final approval to proceed. DeLuca reviewed the phases of the project, with Phase 1 consisting of a row of townhouses fronting Poncha Springs Lane, and Phase 2 consisting of sales of lots intended for single-family housing, including the infrastructure for the sewer and gutters. The biggest change was the site plan for Lot #3; a commercially-zoned lot originally slated to be part of Phase 3. DeLuca asked that development of lot #3 and #4 be moved to Phase 2, as he had a potential client already interested in building a fitness center on Lot #3.

Poncha Springs approves Tailwind Major Subdivision final plat - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆