Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure about the total number of jobs he was working on at the time. I know from the prelim notes he was at both locations on Saturday morning. He also was said to have gone to look at another job on Saturday, Kim’s Gym, which is in Salida. They opened on 12/5/19.
Isn’t that the same place BM used to workout at and in front of where LE arrested him? Wonder if he worked for them doing odd jobs in exchange for a free membership?
He also seemed to be working for his last condo residence.

Last edited:
Was Barry trying to woo Suzanne back, do you think, in the days between her "I'm done" statement, and when she was last heard from?
I don’t know what to make of it myself. I’m leaning towards him trying to win her back though, as he appears to have done the same things he always did (guilt her with suicidal threats, and then love-bomb her).

At some point he must have realized it was hopeless, and decided he was going to kill her.

If we think we're anxious as time moves toward justice for Suzanne, imagine how much indigestion Barry's getting from his bologna sandwiches and Chili Cheese Fritos! Bring on Monday! Pile on the facts!

Was Barry trying to woo Suzanne back, do you think, in the days between her "I'm done" statement, and when she was last heard from?
It depends how devious he is. It could have been staging for the 'very good' relationship.

None of this looks like a heat of the moment decision to murder, I don't think it was just any coincidence that he did it when he did it (imo), because he needed the girls to raise the alarm and he needed Suzanne's last contact with other people to have been as close as possible to his departure on Mothers Day.

He couldn't have done this on Thursday or Friday and have no contact between Suzanne and others before the alarm was raised on Sunday.

I think we should look at why he did it at 2:44pm and not in the evening, giving himself more proof that Suzanne was alive closer to the time he left for Denver. That long time while Suzanne is not responding to texts and is not using her phone in her normal habit is problematic for him, but for some reason he couldn't wait. I don't think any of this was reactionary, I think he went in with a detailed checklist for how to get away with it.

MOO

Last edited:
Why would you “presume” she did the wash? I know plenty of men who do laundry, including myself.
Sounds a little sexist to me.
ETA I’ve also known men, who don’t normally do the laundry, run a wash in an attempt to remove evidence of a homicide.
And I think she would be much more likely to check the pockets before she did a load of wash. Men on the other hand....Oops, was that a little sexist? lol...

Trying to piece something together here ( and I’m probably crazy lol). Could SM have been looking to buy a house for herself and stay in the area until youngest daughter was out of school? After telling BM on 5/6 that she was done and wanted to do it civilly. Sometimes once you’ve decided to do something and see a way out you can let your guard down so maybe she told him her plans.

Or he found out.

In late April SM opened a “secret “ bank account with Green Dot and a fund management account with Compass.
There is a Compass in Greenwood Village (suburb of Denver) that deals with property management.

Home - Compass Management

Texts go on to say that #SuzanneMorphew morning before she went missing-- she allegedly messages Jeff Libler telling him she had a fine night and looked at houses for sale. She follows that with "Still talk about Arizona." @KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425123807417802752?s=21

#BarryMorphew returned back to the hotel with a large notebook with papers that are messy. Then left the hotel 20 minutes later with the notebook in hand with papers neat in hand. He also has changed shirts into a grey t-shirt.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425150297198977035?s=21

JP says that in the hotel room he found one piece of mail with BM’s name on it under some balled up brochures for Salida real estate. At 27:00

I do think the house hunting was for herself and daughter.

Thanks for posting that info, @Seattle1 . I think some folks are confused about Tailwinds. This job/location is different from the the job site on CR105 on the river in Salida that the FBI searched.
On Friday, 5/8 BM asked SM to go to Tailwinds. At first she said no, but later met him there.
MG alleged that BM worked at the riverfront site on Friday evening.
And the irony that BM and their daughter end up living at Tailwinds in a Townhome. :eek:

Isn’t that the same place BM used to workout at and in front of where LE arrested him? Wonder if he worked for them doing odd jobs in exchange for a free membership?
He also seemed to be working for his last condo residence.
I'm not sure where BM worked out but I recall that VFF received a membership as a benefit provided by the CCFD.

Volunteer | Chaffee County Fire

Yes --very much the pattern of abuse and manipulation that worked for BM for decades. I believe SM standing strong in her decision to be 'done' fueled BM to carry out his final act to kill her.

Earlier I mentioned that Suzanne didn’t respond to Barry’s Sunday texts. Now I see that Suzanne may have ignored Barry’s 11 calls on Saturday. If ignoring each other was “normal” for them, then her not responding to his texts Sunday may have no significance.

If they did have a fight Friday, she may have been stewing Saturday morning. I can’t get past Barry’s statement that they had a great day and evening Saturday. If that were true, would she really have ignored his “Are you up, I love you, Happy Mother’s Day” text on Sunday? And other texts throughout the day?

It is a small detail in a sea of information, but her not responding to either Barry (early) or the girls all day, is a key piece of information to me. If her phone was not used at all / turned off / disabled around 4 am Sunday morning, it’s a slam dunk. A mother would not turn off her cell phone and shut out her daughters, father, sister, all close friends on Mother’s Day.

I can only conclude that Suzanne was not alive Sunday. And Barry was alone with her Saturday by his own admission.
Wanted to make one distinction here....while Suzanne was ignoring Barry on Saturday am...she was communicating with JL, if not SO....That didn't happen on Saturday evening or at anytime on Sunday. She may have ignored Barry, but she didn't ignore her friends and lover.

Earlier I mentioned that Suzanne didn’t respond to Barry’s Sunday texts. Now I see that Suzanne may have ignored Barry’s 11 calls on Saturday. If ignoring each other was “normal” for them, then her not responding to his texts Sunday may have no significance.

If they did have a fight Friday, she may have been stewing Saturday morning. I can’t get past Barry’s statement that they had a great day and evening Saturday. If that were true, would she really have ignored his “Are you up, I love you, Happy Mother’s Day” text on Sunday? And other texts throughout the day?

It is a small detail in a sea of information, but her not responding to either Barry (early) or the girls all day, is a key piece of information to me. If her phone was not used at all / turned off / disabled around 4 am Sunday morning, it’s a slam dunk. A mother would not turn off her cell phone and shut out her daughters, father, sister, all close friends on Mother’s Day.

I can only conclude that Suzanne was not alive Sunday. And Barry was alone with her Saturday by his own admission.
Wanted to make one distinction here....while Suzanne was ignoring Barry on Saturday am...she was communicating with JL, if not SO....That didn't happen on Saturday evening or at anytime on Sunday. She may have ignored Barry, but she didn't ignore her friends and lover.
Here’s Lauren Scharf’s YT Video featuring her interview with GD:

Of Note: At around 3:30 minute mark, there’s a screen shot of Suzanne’s post riding her bike. In it, she tags her bike as a #santacruz superlight brand bike:
“Maiden voyage tonight on the superlight! #santacruz #shavanowilderness”

Mount Shavano Trail

Bike Archive: Superlight | Santa Cruz Bicycles
tsSygTktu9U
If I heard this report from Lauren correctly....then George called Barry after he got a call from another FF buddy that the bike was found. And Barry answered George's call...unlike the 2 calls from LE?

Want to say how amazing it is to have such wonderful and dedicated members! Thank you to our dear @NoSI for being our boots on the ground. Dedicating her personal time and money to travel in order to support Suzanne. It is inspiring. Thank you @oviedo and @OldCop for constructing such a carefully detailed timeline. So appreciated when someone like me is behind a thread or two!

I have an observation regarding this text exchange between BM and SM on May 9, 2020 (NoSi’s Doc):

?? AM: BM to SM “Want to hike?”, SM to BM “Where?”, no answer from BM.
- Around 10 AM: Got summer tires put on (I don’t remember this at all, but wrote it down)
- 10:36 AM: SM to BM “Wanna meet to hike?”
- 10:48 AM: BM to SM “No, I am coming home”

In previous theories, members had suggested BM had lured SM to her death and final rest destination.

The first text from BM to SM “Want to hike?” may be of more importance than it seems. As soon as SM asks “Where?”, BM becomes quiet and ends that conversation. Makes me wonder if BM had realized at that point he made a mistake texting that question and therefore froze and/or could not come up with an answer.

If BM’s earlier statement re. burying one of his daughters’ ex-boyfriends under a tree is true, and BM was seen under surveillance carrying and disposing of a tree container, then wanting to take SM hiking near/to where this pre-dug tree hole was makes for a good theory. Such a shame he did not text the location.

MOO

PS: I still cannot discount someone else helping BM that night. Specially, after the Telematics show both driver and passenger doors opening and closing.

Two people I cannot let go of yet:
GD lying to reporters saying he was telling LE to stop touching the bike when in fact it was him and BM who were touching it.

The mystery e-bike rider watching over the FBI at the Longhorn Ranch Lot.

MOO Again
The e bike rider.....seems like I remember that someone did a blow up, the guy had a wig on and they thought it was. ....But I dont remember who, but it was someone from Barrys group. Does anyone else remember this?

I hadn't thought of her response being a way of trying to figure out what was going on with him! This could be a possibility. I agree that she did not trust him...
However...she was still going for walks with him and went out with him on Friday night for pizza at the same time she was texting him about getting divorced. This is what puzzles me and I wonder...

Was she trying to keep things normal and placate him?
Appears to me that Suzanne was willing to be with Barry in public places...where others were around...but that was it. I don't think she trusted him enough to be in a secluded place.

The e bike rider.....seems like I remember that someone did a blow up, the guy had a wig on and they thought it was. ....But I dont remember who, but it was someone from Barrys group. Does anyone else remember this?
I have her picture saved from last September but since she is not a poi I can’t share it, definitely not a “he”

Thanks for your reply @LandManatee. My position remains that there's been no evidence presented thus far from the state or by Barry's defense that BM/SM had a 'pretty extensive argument' on Friday, May 8.

In other words, just because Chris/ TIR and/or his wife make an allegation on YT does not make it true. IMO, comments by YT bloggers should be viewed as their opinion and/or speculation by the hosts.

The following was reported, under oath, specifically by LE:

When [CCSO Commander] Walker talked with Barry the following day — May 11 — Barry said the couple had just had a great day and evening on May 9. He called Suzanne “his angel” since they were 17 years old and said they “love each other to death.” He called the relationship “very good.” They had been together 32 years.

ETA: add link
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...rs-confirm-suzanne-was-having-a-2-year-affair
This reminds me of another issue that has been discussed....Barry presenting love letters from Suzanne. That was important because it didn't demonstrate that Barry loved Suzanne and appeared to be not supporting Barry's love for her. But now that we know Suzanne was done with the marriage..and wanted a divorce. I see Barry producing those letters quite differently. I now think he produced them to sell the idea that Suzanne still loved him and that their marriage was healthy and happy...iow...he was trying to hide the reality of the marriage...and not that he was trying to convince the world that he loved her; as was my initial impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member