Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt the elk were strolling down the roadway and he followed them. They were moving up or down the mountain.

Regardless of the date on a calendar, elk move to and from three core resources during their daily routine: 1) bedding areas, 2) feeding areas and 3) water sources. Additionally, elk tend to take a direct route from one resource to another.

Triangle theorem: 5 expert steps for elk success

Does anyone else want to step into the court room and say "The store closed at 2pm on Saturday.. how was it still open at 5:30"?? BECAUSE I DO :mad:

EDIT: Spellcheck
JMO but when he was out and about shopping in Salida Saturday afternoon, maybe he saw the owner's car in the parking lot after the store closed and saw an opportunity to add to his alibi for Saturday afternoon.

I saw one of the comments on twitter was that "deer" and "dear" were both in his aim... MOO

In fact SM may have washed MalM's sheets as planned -- maybe they were in the dryer or even already out and waiting to be put back on the bed, and BM took the opportunity to use them and then rewash afterwards... MOO

Several posters commented earlier that they buy their hot tub chemicals at regular stores, Costco/WalMart or maybe even grocery stores/drugstores. He may have bought some just not at that store or on that visit.

MOO
I believe there was a Walmart stop?
IIRC

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if we are to believe in Barry's innocence according to the defence we need to believe:

Barry followed some elk to see if they would shed out of season
Barry was running around shooting chipmunks
Barry knew nothing about the dart (oh, other than using them to mutilate deer)
Suzanne's I'm done text was a report on her coffee morning status, which she wanted to end civilly

I could go on...

This was days later too.
It's too far back for me to find the link now, but IIRC, AM stated that he and some of BM's buddies had searched the area where SM's helmet was found shortly after SM went missing – but found nothing. And that the group had split up at some point and he was suspicious that the helmet may have been planted by one of BM's close friends since one day it wasn't there and the next day it was. The coloring of the helmet would make it hard to overlook.

Does anyone else remember something of this nature being discussed? Or am I just confused?

MOO.

I highly doubt the elk were strolling down the roadway and he followed them. They were moving up or down the mountain.

Regardless of the date on a calendar, elk move to and from three core resources during their daily routine: 1) bedding areas, 2) feeding areas and 3) water sources. Additionally, elk tend to take a direct route from one resource to another.

Triangle theorem: 5 expert steps for elk success
Elk are heavy...especially a herd.....there should be hoof tracks....I've had deer tracks in my yard...they last quite a while due to deep impression.

@CarolAMcKiney

Graham is testifying to 3 key places in the Morphew home which were searched by law enforcement: daughter Mallory's bedrm where sheets had been removed & were found in dryer, the garage, which held the safe with tranquilizer darts & laundry room where the dart sheath was found.

12:01 PM · Aug 23, 2021

Sounds like she may have been sleeping in her daughters bed while BM took the master? Ugh

I’ve always wondered about someone helping him after the murder. And no prints or DNA because he surely wore gloves. And as for tire tracks not matching couldn’t he have just thrown the helmet 50 feet from the road? Was the helmet found 50 feet or 50 yards from the highway? 50 yards is about 150 feet but couldn’t a big, strong former baseball player manage that?

Looks like ~30 feet (10 yards)
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1429840422755606531
Re-direct happening now. Prosecution goes back over where #SuzanneMorphew helmet was found. Agent says about 10 yards off the road- would have been hard to see from road.

That’s just disgusting. But anyway re the needle sheath being found instead of a dart cap…someone (sorry I cannot remember who it was) posted about how when you shoot a tranquilizer dart the cap stays on it and penetrates the cap when it hits the target. So if that is how it works then finding the needle cover makes more sense. MOO
Bam!!!!

So, if we are to believe in Barry's innocence according to the defence we need to believe:

Barry followed some elk to see if they would shed out of season
Barry was running around shooting chipmunks
Barry knew nothing about the dart (oh, other than using them to mutilate deer)
Suzanne's I'm done text was a report on her coffee morning status, which she wanted to end civilly

I could go on...
But he doesn't have to prove his innocence. The state has to prove his guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member