Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undersheriff is saying that #BarryMorphew turned around at the Garfield Mine after leaving the home Sunday morning.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429859239271571456?s=21

WOW where is this mine?

ETA
https://colorado.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,189362,n,garfield mine.cfm

Garfield Mine
Category: Colorado physical, cultural and historic features
Feature Type: Cultural
Class: Mine
County: Chaffee County
Latitude: 38.5611082
Longitude: -106.2866898
GNIS ID: 189362

The possible intimacy of this murder is gut wrenching to me. At least, shooting her from afar, she might never have seen it coming.
To know that someone who you thought once loved you could be doing this to you...

His daughters would know of it was there or not before they left to go camping.

imo
Possibly, it seems it might depend on how obvious it was. Maybe when @NoSI returns she can share her perspective from the image
ETA: Unless it is massively obvious I am not sure it is something that would be noticed by an older teen.

Is it possible BM shot SM with the tranquilizer when she was outside sunbathing? SM realizes what’s happening and makes a run for the MB before the drug renders her unconscious? BM breaks down MB door in a rage, and begins to strangles or smother SM while she tries to fight him off? Maybe the 22 shell rolled out of his pocket during the struggle? (I imagine he unloaded the gun’s live ammunition while he was outside the house loading the tranquilizer?)
I'm thinking the gun didn't enter into the encounter until she was already in the bedroom.

Maybe he was actually going to shoot her outside but once she made it indoors he realized that would leave too much messy evidence so he switched to the dart instead.

Or maybe he planned for the dart all along but she got inside before he managed to release the shell and load the dart.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member