Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #76 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One used plate was recovered from the dishwasher. Agent Grusing said in interviews with #BarryMorphew he had mentions eating steaks with #Suzanne Saturday night and in other interviews Barry said they shared one plate and ate off the one plate.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429932006863933448?s=21
So he grilled himself a steak after he killed her? jmo
ETA- I think he weaves truth into his lies - he killed her after she changed out of her bathing suit - he described what she was wearing at her death IMO

The betrayal Barry felt from Agent Grusing is at least some measure of vengeance. Suzanne would have felt the same when she realized her life was about to end.

THAT is at the heart of this case for me.

She at some point trusted him to protect her, love her, honor her, and be loyal to her..

She gets cancer and he isn't around.. not supportive of meds she needs, works a lot, hunts a lot, puts her maybe last.

Then when she finally gets the courage to just leave and let him know that, he kills her. He was the last thing she saw and it saddens me to think of the moment she might have realized he was going to kill her. I am afraid with the tranquillizer and the marks on his arms, I think she was awake somewhat at least fighting him and knew for several minutes at least that he was killing her. :(

That's how the God I was raised with thinks (used to think?)

I was raised Southern Baptist (so was Barry, IIRC). A person who is saved and joined in union in Christ can still go to hell by a process known as backsliding.

Within our actual local church, there were a minority of people who disagreed and said "Nope, once saved, always saved," but my parents and most of the rest of the church were very clear: you stop sinning when you are saved. Each sin (no matter how small) is backsliding and only God knows whether it's enough to send you to hell (so you should stop immediately, never do it again, because lying to God about your intentions is one of few sins that's bigger than all the rest). For example, my Sunday School teacher said, "I never sin, I haven't sinned in years" and I believed her (I was 5-7 years old when I was in her class).

That, in a nutshell, was the theory of God with which I (and many other Baptists, though not all) were raised with. I thought of it immediately when we heard Barry's remark.

Could he actually be thinking that he humanely took her out? You know, like with humanely tranquilizing the deer so that they don't know they're having their antlers removed brutally or humanely shooting every chipmunk before it becomes a pest who will meet a worse fate. I've considered this (and do not mean to be discussing religion per se, but only religion as it relates to doctrines Barry may have encountered and which could explain his (bizarre) statement about one person getting or being saved. And one of his motivations (besides money) for killing her.

And when he uses the past tense with LE, it's partly because she was amazing (Godly) woman but she fell and was no longer that. In some sense, he regarded her as spiritually "dead to Christ" before he killed her.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting -- thanks for the explanation. Reminds me of Lori Vallow Daybell and her partner in evil, who set up their victims by designating them as irredeemable "zombies" who were already lost to God.

Reminds me also of all the "othering" strategies used by killers over time, especially those in the genocide business, who share the strategy of radically dehumanizing their victims in order to make them easier to kill, especially in quantity, and at the same time reduce the psychic load on killers.

Tons of literature on this phenomenon, but if true here I wonder when the process began, and how BM managed to work through his "evidence" and justifications.

Last edited:
Is tranquilizing deer to take their antlers legal in Colorado, or anywhere for that matter? If it's illegal, he done admited to doing it. So, one more charge that could be added to the list?

And yeah, I know the argument regarding adding on more charges, but IMO, there can't be too many charges!

THAT is at the heart of this case for me.

She at some point trusted him to protect her, love her, honor her, and be loyal to her..

She gets cancer and he isn't around.. not supportive of meds she needs, works a lot, hunts a lot, puts her maybe last.

Then when she finally gets the courage to just leave and let him know that, he kills her. He was the last thing she saw and it saddens me to think of the moment she might have realized he was going to kill her. I am afraid with the tranquillizer and the marks on his arms, I think she was awake somewhat at least fighting him and knew for several minutes at least that he was killing her. :(
Yes, and I hope the daughters realize this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj