Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following is strictly my opinion:

I believe the individual in sketch 1 was either
A) identified and ruled out as a suspect.
or
B) LE originally knew who sketch 2 (which ironically was done long before sketch 1 was released) was and dismissed this person because of an alibi that checked out. It could be that since then the alibi has become unraveled and it is putting sketch 2 in a place that is close to , near or at the crime scene.

AMOO JMO MOO
I believe that the individual in both sketches are the same person. The reason we are directed towards the younger guy sketch is because he changed his appearance and that is what he looked like after the crime. It may be as simple as he just removed all the bulky clothing or it could be a more dramatic change. They had that video early on and it just did not match the first sketch done so it was ignored. They hammered us with the old guy sketch. When they changed direction they had to stress to us to concentrate on the young guy's sketch. They had to get old guy out of the public's mind even though it is the same guy. I'm not so sure how well that worked though because it is still debated right and left. That guy on the video on the bridge had no good intentions towards these girls period. They have to be the same guy unless 2 or more bad guys were involved and I just don't think that is the case. If LE believed that why would they concentrate on young guy for the public to focus on and not both sketches. JMHO

I like your theory here and if correct our Perp has committed premeditated double homicide. If this is the case LE has him on the shortlist but can’t nail him…..yet.
LE obviously has searched his home and vehicle after he was arrested for beating and assaulting the nine year old girl. Has there been any information about what they recovered?

Dominant & Submissive? But idk, it’s just the first thing that came to mind. MOo
There is a monetary reward, correct? Hopefully his family members contacted LE as soon as they read about the case and saw the suspect’s image and heard his voice.

Not related to this case in particular, but can we make it more acceptable in society to go to the emergency room and say "I am a threat to others right now, please help me"?

Killers aren't at fault for how their brain is wired, they're at fault for not getting treatment. Yes psychiatry is imperfect, but at the very least they can keep the person under observation so they don't harm anyone.

I appreciate your sentiment Laura456, but while SK's may have a degree of mental illness, they do not wish to be stopped...anyone can go to a hospital and say they are a danger to themselves or others and they can be held.

Sadists enjoy what they do..there is no stopping, it's who they are..they are not interested in getting help. no way.

while some with schizoid diagnosis can be thought of as not responsible for their crimes in some states, the insanity defense is pretty much not happening in most places..in the case of JBC..this is a guy who is very cunning and knows how to play the system..no psychiatrist is going to be able to change his sadism or his sexual predilection for children... he may be able to learn to control his violent urges in front of the right people..but he will always find ways to sneak and hurt someone or something...

this is who he is and his drinking issues are simply a small aggravating circumstance if even relevant.

mOO

Why didn’t BG kill the witness? I mean if he’d just killed Libby & Abby, why not get rid of the witness?
Perhaps because the witness was not part of his fantasy, and thus no desire to kill the witness. Also, no reason to increase the chances of being caught in the act.

1. this murder took place in the middle of the day.
2. it took place in a high traffic area
3. there were people nearby
4. he attacked 2 people at the same time.

i find this very odd. was he not worried that one of the girls will escape will the other was being killed? there were people nearby. its a forest. lots of trees for cover and they could run in any direction.

this man did not care.

this was not something planned. this wasn't opportunistic. this was personal.

i think something happened between the girls and this man. some kind of interaction or altercation.

i dont think this man saw the girls from a distance and just decided to kill them in the middle of the day in a busy trail.

something must have happened. this guy was angry.

I think he was familiar enough with the terrain and layout for him to feel confident that he could get out of it unseen. Or, that he could at least haul *advertiser censored* out of there and make a quick getaway if things went haywire. I think he may have known either RL or Mears property fairly well, or at least knew that they were elsewhere at the time of the crime. Ugh I hate this guy so much. Can’t wait to see him fry. Soon I feel, soooooon.

i find this very odd. was he not worried that one of the girls will escape will the other was being killed? there were people nearby. its a forest. lots of trees for cover and they could run in any direction.

this man did not care.

i think something happened between the girls and this man. some kind of interaction or altercation.

i dont think this man saw the girls from a distance and just decided to kill them in the middle of the day in a busy trail.

Totally agree about his anger. I think that with psychopaths, any vulnerable victim can be a stand-in or substitute for the object(s) of their rage. I imagine he was projecting quite a lot of rage and was definitely a sadistic individual, provoked or not prior to the crime. You’re so right - dude was MAD. He probably stays mad to be honest. Ugh

I appreciate your sentiment Laura456, but while SK's may have a degree of mental illness, they do not wish to be stopped...anyone can go to a hospital and say they are a danger to themselves or others and they can be held.

Sadists enjoy what they do..there is no stopping, it's who they are..they are not interested in getting help. no way.

while some with schizoid diagnosis can be thought of as not responsible for their crimes in some states, the insanity defense is pretty much not happening in most places..in the case of JBC..this is a guy who is very cunning and knows how to play the system..no psychiatrist is going to be able to change his sadism or his sexual predilection for children... he may be able to learn to control his violent urges in front of the right people..but he will always find ways to sneak and hurt someone or something...

this is who he is and his drinking issues are simply a small aggravating circumstance if even relevant.

mOO

I hate that you’re so right about this. Prospects are pretty bleak for adult sadists. There is a [enter incredibly high percentage that I can’t recall at the moment] % chance that they will reoffend pretty much immediately after release, if incarcerated. I am a huge rehabilitation advocate — when realistic. Woof

this man did not care.

I’ve always had that feeling too, that somewhere before, they met each other. Whether it was on social media, in town, at a car wash, or possibly even on that trail.
Perhaps it was Abbie (“‘lil red head”) that he was interested in and asked her to meet him there that day. She may have decided to bring Libby along as back up, since it may have been the first time she was going to actually meet him.
Libby being very wise, took the photo, just in case something bad happened. Which it did.
His recorded words, “guys, down the hill”, just seemed a little familiar and relaxed to me.
I agree that he knew the area well and made plans ahead of their meeting. He may have lured them down the hill by telling them he had something interesting to show them.
Maybe his campsite, favorite fishing spot, or that he had a boat they could take a ride in. I don’t know, this is all of my speculation. I’m just remembering how young teen aged girls think and how damned convincing he can be.

What specifically makes LE confident enough to say the younger male sketch 'is' the killer.
Unless this male was seen by someone in the act of murder by a witness or has confessed to someone I struggle how LE can declare he is the killer.

They have a sketch but no name does that suggest a witness who did not know or would not give up his name.

If the witness saw him removing an item of his own clothing jacket, mask, eyewear during or after the murder and was able to provide an acurate description of his face for the sketch it would make the the sketch a credible piece of evidence.

What if he has confessed to someone or the person he has told has in turn told of his confession to them.

In what circumstances would a confession given be kept in secrecy or confidence... Could it be that there has been confession within the Sacrament of Confession. Under Roman Catholic law, it is forbidden for a priest to disclose information — under any circumstances — obtained in the form of religious confession. ... If a priest breaks what's called "the sacred seal of confession," he will be subject to excommunication from the church.
The first few ideas that come to my mind are:
1. Motorcycle Club/Gang
2. A gang other than a motorcycle one
3. Anything to do with drugs/hits
4. The mafia/mob hit
5. A mother or father covering for their child (this has been known to happen)
6. Blackmail
7. Threats
8. Politics
9. Corruption
10. Attorney/Client privilege

The list goes on & on, imho.

This kind of double murder--young girls away from home, the only known perp a non-family adult male--is virtually always a sex-motivated crime of opportunity. Don't have a pie chart to show it, but all the other stuff combined is going to be just a skinny little sliver.

MOO

I've got a question about something that's been on my mind lately. Just wondering how others felt.

Would you say, with the great difference in BG sketch #1 and #2 and ISP Carter's words permeating, IMO, that LE had been fooled; that a witness who came forward (or even possibly more than one) lied about when and why they were there, about what they saw or heard?

I've been thinking a lot in general about the alibis given. I never really gave that much consideration that it might be one of the witnesses at the trails areas who gave false information to LE.

Thoughts?

Maybe it's because I'm used to working with sketches and reconstructions for unidentified decedents, but I don't find the two versions that terribly different. Sketches like this are always approximations, not portraits. The suspect could be anywhere from 18 to 40, with quite a range of possible height and weight. The two sketches present a range of possible appearances. The real person is probably somewhere in between.

Here's a good article about it: Facial reconstructions help identify murder victims. The forensic artist says, "As a forensic artist, I live in a wonderful world where "almost" is good enough," Mullins said. "If somebody sees an image that kind of looks like someone they haven't seen in a long time and it sparks that recognition, we've done our job successfully."

The first few ideas that come to my mind are:
1. Motorcycle Club/Gang
2. A gang other than a motorcycle one
3. Anything to do with drugs/hits
4. The mafia/mob hit
5. A mother or father covering for their child (this has been known to happen)
6. Blackmail
7. Threats
8. Politics
9. Corruption
10. Attorney/Client privilege

The list goes on & on, imho.

Your list matches mine.. no need to look further than the 10 you listed just put them all together.
I wonder did you find the same person/s I did??

Maybe it's because I'm used to working with sketches and reconstructions for unidentified decedents, but I don't find the two versions that terribly different. Sketches like this are always approximations, not portraits. The suspect could be anywhere from 18 to 40, with quite a range of possible height and weight. The two sketches present a range of possible appearances. The real person is probably somewhere in between.

Here's a good article about it: Facial reconstructions help identify murder victims. The forensic artist says, "As a forensic artist, I live in a wonderful world where "almost" is good enough," Mullins said. "If somebody sees an image that kind of looks like someone they haven't seen in a long time and it sparks that recognition, we've done our job successfully."

They are 2 completely different people..

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member