ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following and sharing for a long time now. With my truck drivers and their families and all other drivers on the highways and byways.
Where are you little boy?
We want you home safe.
Following City of Fruitland Police Department for any updates.
Chi

I understand they do not want to traumatize other children but it might be helpful for plain clothes officer and child psychologist (parent permission) to ask a few of the neighborhood kids some simple questions; Who do you like to or not like to play or talk with? Do you play/talk with older kids or adults? Which houses have you been into? Who is friendly or not? Who does Michael play and talk with? What does he like to do? And even where do you think he might go? Etc

This case reminds me of how randomly received missing people can be.

Why is there so little interest in little monkey's disappearance compared to Summer Wells?

Its like Suzanne Morphew and Echo Lloyd. They went missing the very same day.

moo

I think it’s lack of information from LE or anyone and the different circumstances surrounding the two disappearances.

The Summer Wells case is more “sensational”. A very large social media presence available for the public prior to her disappearance which IMMEDIATELY showed the family in a frighteningly negative light set the wheels in motion and it got bigger when the parents continued with Social Media after her disappearance. Add to that a fantastical and ever changing story that leaves everyone shaking their heads. The back story is overshadowing the disappearance of a little girl. The details are salacious and dark. I never thought I’d ever follow a case where any possibility, the darker or worse, is actually possible.

Michael’s parents have engaged the Public in a more conservative and, shall I say, dignified manner. Michael was seen on video outside the home. We have a timeline that makes sense.

The parents have done all the “right” things. LE isn’t saying much and the parents aren’t on social media, holding interviews with every Youtuber that comes their way.

With no information forthcoming from LE it’s pretty hard to “get into” a case when you have nothing to work with.

MOO

Both very cute sweet kids but very different attention levels, you’re right. There’s a lot of reasons I’m staying away from SW case right now until there’s some movement.

Why is there so little interest in little monkey's disappearance compared to Summer Wells?

moo

I really like this police chief. He reminds me of the one out in Charlotte, VA and how he traced down the killer of Hannah Graham. This chief has kept things close to the vest and is protecting the family and investigation.
They have a strong sense of water and keep searching waterways.

Makes me remember when my youngest was maybe 6 and was playing with two little neighbor girls. They knew limits but the three of them hiked all the way down the street to the wooded area where there was a little pond maybe 2ft by 4 ft and maybe half a foot deep. It had tadpools and the girls were so interested. They had made a pact not to tell parents they had been there. But as it happened I went looking for her and there they were. Somebody stayed in their own back yard for quite a while.

With that said I'm surely thinking little Michael went hiking to someplace he might have visited with mom or dad or maybe even neighborhood kids by water. I even wondered if there were any swimming pools in their neighborhood that might not have been opened this year?

I look every single day of news of him. I pray for his family. They looked devastated.

“Investigators continue to follow these tips, and to generate other possible leads,” wrote Huff. “We recently had law enforcement partners 2,100 miles away conduct a search on a tip we received through our Find Michael Tipline. They were able to track down those involved and the tip was cleared. We are responding to all credible tips and we remain dedicated and hopeful.”
No answers, but police still committed to finding Michael

"Our Family is broken right now. Monkey's sisters are missing their partner in crime, and his brother won't play Minecraft until Michael comes home. Monkey, your Mommy and Daddy miss you more than anything in this world. We need you home to be whole," the family wrote.

"Our hearts are with Michael's family. None of us have walked in their shoes. We only know this is a most difficult time, yet they continue to be cooperative and understanding," the department wrote.

Fruitland police added that searches through land, water and air are still ongoing but will be more targeted as needed.

"To our residents of Fruitland and Payette County, we thank you for your support throughout this past month. You continue to answer your door or phone when investigators call with more questions to clarify details and there will definitely be more questions that need to be answered," police wrote.
Family of missing Fruitland boy speaks out: 'Our Family is broken right now' | ktvb.com

Still no news which is frustrating. Here are a few notable tid bits from the latest Fruitland PD post IMO BBM.
  • "What we do not have – yet – are answers as to just what happened to Michael Tuesday evening, July 27th."
  • Sharing a statement and photos from the family seems notable along with this line:
    • "Our hearts are with Michael’s family. None of us have walked in their shoes. We only know this is a most difficult time, yet they continue to be cooperative and understanding."
  • Specific mention of Payette County - sounds like there is active and ongoing investigation in Payette County beyond Fruitland.
    • "To our residents of Fruitland and Payette County, we thank you for your support throughout this past month. You continue to answer your door or phone when investigators call with more questions to clarify details and there will definitely be more questions that need to be answered."
    • "Our community also continues to send in tips"
  • Despite not treating this like an abduction out of the area, they are clearing and investigating any credible tips out of the area.
    • "We recently had law enforcement partners 2100 miles away conduct a search on a tip we received through our Find Michael Tipline. They were able to track down those involved and the tip was cleared. We are responding to all credible tips..."

I think it’s lack of information from LE or anyone and the different circumstances surrounding the two disappearances.

The Summer Wells case is more “sensational”. A very large social media presence available for the public prior to her disappearance which IMMEDIATELY showed the family in a frighteningly negative light set the wheels in motion and it got bigger when the parents continued with Social Media after her disappearance. Add to that a fantastical and ever changing story that leaves everyone shaking their heads. The back story is overshadowing the disappearance of a little girl. The details are salacious and dark. I never thought I’d ever follow a case where any possibility, the darker or worse, is actually possible.

Michael’s parents have engaged the Public in a more conservative and, shall I say, dignified manner. Michael was seen on video outside the home. We have a timeline that makes sense.

The parents have done all the “right” things. LE isn’t saying much and the parents aren’t on social media, holding interviews with every Youtuber that comes their way.

With no information forthcoming from LE it’s pretty hard to “get into” a case when you have nothing to work with.

MOO
Very well said, @Tealgrove.

I was thinking about the Molly Tibbets case and where she was found. What's the farming like around where Michael went missing?
I know there is the Snake River they have searched and I've seen two small bodies of what looks like water on a map of the area that I'm sure they have searched.
Just wondered if there are corn fields or any other high growing foliage like Corn around there?
Also sorry to ask..the faint of heart..but they always look for buzzard activity. I don't think there would be any in dense foliage.
Praying they find him soon.

moo
I have a lot of interest in little Monkey's disappearance---but I rarely know what to say or do about it, with so little current information available. Now what? It feels like a dead end at times because the attention seems to be focused in that same area where he was last seen, but we don't really know why.

If they don't receive a tip nor find evidence bringing the focus elsewhere, do they really have a choice other than continuing to focus on the area where he was last seen?
I don't think it necessarily means anything; we shouldn't be reading into it. It continues to be logical. JMO/ MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member