Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
September 17?!! OMG why so long.
Judge held him all summer on the basis of an AA he didn't think was adequate. Hate to say he's going home with "time served" on 9/17. If I were DA Lindsey, I would not be confident. I would be looking even harder for a body & making sure the next arrest warrant is shorter and much more persuasive.
JMHO - What do I know? I'm not a lawyer.

Going forward, Barry will continue to cast himself as a flawed husband. A man who worked too much and took his wife for granted. He will claim to never have cheated on his wife and point out that he provided all the material possessions she wanted. Hunting and the outdoors were his passion, an escape from the troubles of life. His girls will back him up. He is a good dad, maybe a little scary when’s mad, but a good dad.
JMO

That next hearing will be the close of the Preliminary Hearing. Judge said AA to be revealed 7 days after the end of the Prelim, which is now scheduled to continue on Sept 17.

So, sadly, we have until at least Sept 24 to see it.

Taking M1 off the table involves many considerations. I can see Murphy's need to research some case law here. I think he'll find that many defendants in CO have been bound over on M1 with similar amounts of evidence - and the Judge definitely has to look at the AA and evidence for himself. I hope he has good staff to help him, because it doesn't sound as if the evidence is well-indexed or that the AA mentioned all of it.
I agree that Judge has some research to do, but I don't think the AA comes into play in his decision. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the only facts to be considered are the facts presented during the PH (25 pages of notes and 20 hours of witness statements). There was plenty of evidence presented during the PH to bound him over for trial, though, imo, this is about the M1 charge. I really didn't hear enough evidence hitting home the premed. I mean, couldn't the prosecution have at least argued that the fact that her body is hidden so well is indicative of planning in and of itself? I expected more.

Last edited:
The same man who was arrogant enough to believe he could pull the wool over the eyes of three law enforcement agencies, granting them countless hours of interviews in which he told lie after lie, believed he would be walking out of court today.

He’ll expect the same result in a few weeks, and I hope he gets the same gut punch.

Then the knockout blow at trial.
I bet he uncrossed his leg from across his lap pretty quick!

Agreed. I think the "get naked" photos that JL suggested were to/or did take place in the house. Probably her bedroom. It's possible, IMO, that Suzanne was engaging in, or about to engage in the photo sess with JL and may have already undressed in the bedroom or shower.

I'm not a "get naked" photo expert by any means, but those that I have had "privvy" to are almost always in a bedroom or a bathroom.

Yet I thought that the word "sunbathing" was associated with the last known photo. Suzanne sent JL a photo of her sunbathing. She looked radiant.

I suppose the photo shoot of her sunbathing could be both exterior and ended up on the interior of the home in the MasterSuite after she deposits the swimsuit top. This isn't the same item Barry refers to as the string shirt, that she wore with white shorts the last time he said he saw her, is it?

If his family still supports him it is possible his arrogance will carry him through but then I also thought Fotis Dulos was an arrogant man and look what he did. so there's that.

your copying of the tweets is very helpful but I do understand your feelings - I really thought we would hear from a couple of key players including her friend and sister - but I guess the prosecution didn't need to have that testified to yet. disappointing IMO.
Fotis (FD) was in a bind with his attorney because he put up real properties that were already fully leveraged for his bond (I think it was $5 million or $6 million) and an alert underwriter discovered the inadequacy of this collateral, so unless bond from another underwriter could be secured quickly, FD was going back to jail.

As I recall, FD's defense attorney was giving FD a bit of the cold shoulder treatment for this bonehead maneuver. A hearing about the matter involving bond was scheduled for that midday and FD had not yet been given assurances bond would materialize - even though an old college friend had stepped forward to pay the related (and material) fees. So, FD knew the house of cards he'd built to pretend to everyone he knew that he was a wealthy and successful developer was falling apart. He was one hearing away from being just another indigent defendant.

Judge held him all summer on the basis of an AA he didn't think was adequate. Hate to say he's going home with "time served" on 9/17. If I were DA Lindsey, I would not be confident. I would be looking even harder for a body & making sure the next arrest warrant is shorter and much more persuasive.
JMHO - What do I know? I'm not a lawyer.
Yes I agree. I was talking about that with friends earlier....that he is racking up time served while this moves along.

The same man who was arrogant enough to believe he could pull the wool over the eyes of three law enforcement agencies, granting them countless hours of interviews in which he told lie after lie, believed he would be walking out of court today.

He’ll expect the same result in a few weeks, and I hope he gets the same gut punch.

Then the knockout blow at trial.
If only I could feel so optimistic.

Lame. This was a waste of time. The prosecution has nothing or it's so flimsy that the judge needs weeks to lay down the excuses why he's letting bM out of jail so people don't lose their minds. If the prosecution had one bit of actual hard evidence and they didn't present it here then shame on them. And if they didn't have it, why did they go forward??? They failed miserably!!!!

This smells of bureaucracy. They weren't ready and someone up the chain of command made them go forward with the arrest for some reason. Just my opinion of course but this stinks.

I don't see how the judge can be ruling to not go to trial if he is waiting nearly 4 weeks to rule on this. If he was even leaning toward not having a trial, why hold an innocent man for 3 1/2 more weeks? I think it's more likely he is leaning way more toward trial and he needs time to write out the reasoning.
I totally agree - if the judge felt that the prosecution had not met the burden he could have ruled accordingly and sent Barry on his way and told the prosection to come back another time.
The way he phrased that he needed time " to lay things out" or something to that effect, makes me think he needs to make his own time line and tune out the "noise" of the side show that Eytan and her people were putting on. The glove compartment chat about the dna etc totally extraneous and ridiculous - look at this shiny object over here! So many of those instances.
The judge is definitly trying to not have any fallout or blow baack on his ruling - IMO he is going over board - I still have faith this goes to trial. As far as bail? The judge does have discretion even with M1.
Iirc correctly ole Fotis was out on 6m $ bail. with the ankle bracelet. I was fine with Fotios' decision to take an "alternate" route vs trial. Truly saved his family from all the bs we are seeing in this case. If the judge wants to let Barry out to go live with his girlfriend - put the bracelet on him and confine him to Salida at the 6m$. Just my thoughts all IMO

On Friday, Sept. 17 at 1:30 p.m. both sides will give arguments and Judge Patrick Murphy will make a ruling in regards to the evidence in #BarryMorphew case whether or not it will go to trial. This will be the day they'll discuss whether the judge will unseal the arrest affidavit

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1430271561542602757?s=21

The only way that we would know this for sure is to see the nonstop calls on her phone, which just so happens to be missing. Oh, that's probably why. The same extended warranty person who rifled through her vehicle also stole her phone as part of his coverup. ;)

JMO.
And the charger that was usually kept in her bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94