Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so odd to me. I also have an iPhone. I get very poor service inside the building of my job. So many of us put our phone in “airplane mode” so it doesn’t drain the battery continuously searching for signal. I always thought it turned WiFi and Cell data “off”. I also just tested that now and when I toggle Airplane Mode to active - it immediately toggles my WiFi setting below it to “Off”. Anything I try to use (browser, app requiring network) I cannot.

I then specifically went to toggle WiFi on, and was able to do so while in airplane mode. Whenever I’ve put it in airplane I have no intention of using it at all so I’ve never realized that you could use WiFi still. I’d guess if BM was using the mode in a nefarious intention he too was thinking it turned off everything. Moo

Do you think it remembers your last setting - no time to test right now, but I think it does. And in order to get rid of my phone ringing (over wifi carried calls here in the house), I have to use yet another setting (do not disturb).

But none of that changes the fact that my darned Google map still knows where to put the blue dot.

During the Patrick Frazer trial, the bombshells came out during the trial. The PH was only an appetizer.
If I recall most of it was in the investigation notes so "we" were privvy to it for the trial..pretty much everything except the blow by blow descriptions Krystal spoke to at trial, but we knew about the blood, the fire, the trip to the rancing property, and so on. I don't recall a bombshell...with the exception of the prisoner the last day! That WAS a bombshell. This case is different because we are only getting what we hear in the tweets however defense knows what is in the investigative reports and so on.

A dart shot from a .22 uses a blank. Possible a live round already chambered would need to be taken out.
Perhaps LE looked at all the rifles...I don't know....we only know that the "one" presumably in the garage to shoot darts was broken and last used allegedly in April. Since LE "seemed" kind of slip shod in the search (not testing a half cup of coffee for poison...come on LE LOL)...we just don't know if they checked all the rifles.

Do you think it remembers your last setting - no time to test right now, but I think it does. And in order to get rid of my phone ringing (over wifi carried calls here in the house), I have to use yet another setting (do not disturb).

But none of that changes the fact that my darned Google map still knows where to put the blue dot.

@10ofRods when you said you turned off GPS, is that the same thing as turning off Location Services?

I want to be sure I grok which terms mean what. Thanks!

So she didnt have a debit card or a check book? She couldn't go to the bank and withdraw cash? Wasn't it a joint account?
I'm sure SM had credit cards and a checkbook. She was the joint owner of multiple properties and a mother raising kids! Her purse was located containing credit cards and cash.

I'm afraid the ATM comment has been taken out of context. I think the intent of the defense was to represent that BM was a good provider to his family. If they had needs they came to him -- i.e., he was the ATM.

Personally, how often have I said, "granddad is the ATM" and I don't mean this literally! MOO

Last edited:
Interesting! Cognitive dissonance much, judge? AA was adequate for an arrest but deeply flawed as proof of the crimes? I call for judicial review. I know others disagree but something isn't right.
JMHO
Agree.
Couldnt keep order in the court either.
Let D have all tbe opening hits.
Taking so much time sounds like he needs to write a defense of why the case is not advancing to trial, and the real reason he did not release the AA was he knew he was not going to send it to trial a long time ago.

Yep - I have a credit card that sends me a notification every time it is used- will be interesting to see the internet related evidence at trial but then again, I expected to see more evidence in Mollie's trial than we did so who knows?
JMO
So did Shan'ann -- she received an alert when Chris paid for his date with NK on Friday night -- days before he murdered his family.

Agree.
Couldnt keep order in the court either.
Let D have all tbe opening hits.
Taking so much time sounds like he needs to write a defense of why the case is not advancing to trial, and the real reason he did not release the AA was he knew he was not going to send it to trial a long time ago.
Unfortunately, I, too, am leaning 80% in that direction. And I hate it cause it breaks my heart. I wonder if we will ever know the "kink or kinks" that make his decisions so very odd (to some of us, at least). No trial, no release of AA. The DA will re-charge but in what venue? The district court in Chaffee County should not get another pass at screwing this up. Approving the AA then not going to trial really should be reviewed by a higher court. Curious to see how Murphy backs his way out of this.
JMHO

To also turn off google maps - you have to go to privacy settings and disable location services by selecting off.

Unfortunately, I, too, am leaning 80% in that direction. And I hate it cause it breaks my heart. I wonder if we will ever know the "kink or kinks" that make his decisions so very odd (to some of us, at least). No trial, no release of AA. The DA will re-charge but in what venue? The district court in Chaffee County should not get another pass at screwing this up. Approving the AA then not going to trial really should be reviewed by a higher court. Curious to see how Murphy backs his way out of this.
JMHO

I would like to see the statement from the prosecution last night. I cant find it on you tube. That said, I see the judge leaning the other way. If he didn't think the AA had any meat to it, why sign it? Why let a man stay in jail all summer if he thought the AA was faulty? IMO, that would make the judge look incompetent and inexperienced.

If BM walks, I will be shocked.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see the statement from the prosecution last night. I cant find it on you tube. That said, I see the judge leaning the other way. If he didn't think the AA had any meat to it, why sign it? Why let a man stay in jail all summer if he thought the AA was faulty? IMO, that would make the judge look incompetent and inexperienced.

If BM walks, I will be shocked.
[/QUOTE]
Here is where LS said it would be: FOX21 News Colorado | Colorado Springs News & Weather | KXRM

If BM walks, I will be shocked.
[/QUOTE]
Great questions. That's why I'm not at 100%. But I've been complaining about this judge since he sealed the AA with a whine about how time consuming and what a burden for the defense to redact it at that time. Really? As the MSM appeal said, it's your JOB to redact & release. Of course it takes time and resources but you have a constitutional responsibility to the public with a process laid out clearly in Rule 55.1. Do your JOB!
JM(not so)HO

So I actually don’t think the round even factors in. If Suzanne was going for a gun in the bedroom, I’d expect it to be loaded. I’d also expect it to be a different caliber from the 22.

I do believe the 22 (chipmunk gun), is the short rifle. Agent Grusing mentioned Barry handing it though his car window in March, which explains the end date for the short rifle charge.

They likely didn’t know about the bathing suit until much later, so it wouldn’t have been taken into evidence at the time. The defense mentioned there being no blood on it, so it must have been taken into evidence after that photo was discovered.

Agreed. JMO but no way would an unloaded .22 pistol/revolver be in a nightstand handy for “protection.” Just guessing but a higher-caliber loaded handgun would probably be in BM’s nightstand. I guess the daughters may have some insight into this if they were interviewed early.

So I do obsess how an unspent .22 bullet ended up in the MB. And it’s still unclear where exactly it was found.

Hopefully LE immediately found where all of the guns were and questioned BM, MM1, MM2 about the locations.

Trying to catch up and read some posts about putting phone on Airplane mode and GPS tracking. My apologies if this is redundant but thought I’d post for reference. I believe I remember reading that the M’s had iPhones as Suzanne had been accessing “find my iPhone” at some point. I was curious about whether putting the phone on Airplane mode also disables GPS tracking. According to article at link below, it doesn’t. Apparently, it’s a 2-step process to disable both. The article tells you where to go in iPhone settings to disable both features:

Part 1: Does Airplane Mode Turn off Location?

No, a phone can be tracked on Airplane Mode. GPS is a separate technology that sends and receives signals directly from the satellite. It does not depend on cellular service at all and that’s why a third-party can easily track your location, even when you’ve turned on the Airplane Mode.

Fortunately, there’s a way to hide your GPS location from others. In addition to turning on the Airplane Mode, you’ll have to disable GPS on your device. Once the GPS is disabled, no one would be able to track your location at all. When you want to hide your location, all you have to do is disable the GPS and turn on Airplane Mode on your smartphone at the same time.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

[2021 Update] Does Airplane Mode Stop GPS Tracking?
Quoting my own post for clarity, too late to edit.

BBM above, what I meant to type was:
It’s a 2-step process. The article tells you where to go in iPhone settings to enable Airplane mode, and to disable GPS.

Gah, sorry for any confusion! That’s what happens when I try to multi-task and post while working, lol.

Carry On. :)

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
JMHO
Surely JM's easiest route out of this, would be to have a trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member