Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe BM burned the journal bc Saturday’s entry was missing. If she wrote in her journal each evening before bed, a missing entry from Saturday would be suspicious.

Idk, I’m not sure if BM is that clever. But if she never missed a day….

Posted yesterday, hope it eases your mind.
It's just a time waster. Note They didn't say "prints"...DNA evidence

Now, if this same DNA EVIDENCE, was also found in the garage, house etc...that's a whole another story, but this is meaningless IMO. Just doing their job.

..."Humans shed DNA continuously, and shed DNA transfers freely between people and objects. DNA can be transferred through a handshake or touching an inanimate object, like a doorknob. Every time you shake someone's hand you might receive some of your acquaintance's DNA, and that of other people..."

..."Similarly, a person identified by a match of DNA discovered at a crime scene may have never come into contact with the object or the person on which his DNA was found. Yet, modern day high-tech CSI investigations do not account for the possibility that the evidence discovered at a crime scene was deposited via touch-transfer"....
(this article is 2 years old...hopefully people are more up to speed)

Framed By Your Own Cells: How DNA Evidence Imprisons The Innocent

Great Post! BAM worthy!

E.T.A. Leigh Egan will be on next week instead.

Websleuths Youtube
22.6K subscribers

"Leigh Egan from Crimeonline and Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Institute joins us to discuss all the latest true crime"

At 6:29 Video Time the discussion about Barry Morphew's preliminary hearing begins:

Last edited:
“Second, there was just a small implication of domestic violence, something about Barry's hand brushed against Suzanne's nose and (I think) caused it to bleed. Again, clearly the prosecution is trying to make this a big deal and implying there was more to the story. Is that all they have, though? If that is the best evidence of DV then I'm sorry, its poor.” Snipped from @RIPRM

“Clipping” someone’s nose in a manner that causes it to bleed is considered to be violence. If it was done to me, I would think it was a big deal.

My guess is since he brought it up, it means someone else, who is not Barry, who is still alive, also knows of this “brushing” of the nose incident.

To continue on with that line of thinking, after the redacted line, it goes on to mention that “especially considering the youngest daughter still resides in the small community of Salida.”

So if it is a person, that person probably lives in Salida. Also, based on the length of the redaction, I think it is the names of two maybe three people.
You’re making perfect sense! Agree!

Maybe BM burned the journal bc Saturday’s entry was missing. If she wrote in her journal each evening before bed, a missing entry from Saturday would be suspicious.

I would imagine that Suzanne could feel fairly okay to write in an open journal that she felt freed that she had spoken with BM about a divorce. Perhaps he had said agreeable things (while not meaning them).
"If that's what you want, Suzanne, there is not much I can do about it. But I think you need to consider our vows, and what they mean." So, perhaps, Suzanne had a text conversation with her sister about it.

If an impending divorce is the reason for Suzanne's murder (and I suspect it is), BM would not want evidence of their conversations anywhere to be found.

He’s probably not that smart, as he didn’t change the page on Alanon book, which was put down turned to the 9th.

My suspicion is that journal offered insight into her marriage, and Barry didn’t want law enforcement to know there was trouble in paradise.

That’s why he also deleted texts, and lied about it.

It is on topic. She did not strip the bed if she was planning to run off later that day. She was gonna do the wash but was murdered first.
I think you're right. Every senario with the sheets equals foul play. If she washed them, life was normal and she didn't run off. If she didn't wash them, then why did Barry feel the need to?

He’s probably not that smart, as he didn’t change the page on Alanon book, which was put down turned to the 9th.

My suspicion is that journal offered insight into her marriage, and Barry didn’t want law enforcement to know there was trouble in paradise.

That’s why he also deleted texts, and lied about it.

Exactly! There didn't have to be anything about the affair in there, it simply could be her frustration with Barry and she already told him she wanted a divorce so writing in it about things related to him wouldn't be something she would need to hide, but he sure wouldn't want LE to see it.

This exactly.

If you look at the bottom of page 2 of the linked court order to seal the AA, there is a single black line of redaction. I’m convinced that short black line, more than any other, is the tell-tale mark that’s protecting the daughters from some truly heinous information. (And IMO it may keep the AA sealed until trial, at which point everything will have to come to light.)

I’ve been playing a game with myself because I don’t want to go into that much conjecture here on WS: But read that redacted sentence, filling in the redaction in your own words using natural language that grammatically follows.

“These young women are in an unimaginable situation and should be given time to process what has occurred and the time to review, or decide not to review, the evidence alleged against their father <<…redacted…>>.”

For me, and IMO, the first redacted word is “by”. And it’s not “by the District Attorney’s office of the State of Colorado”. I think the court is protecting the girls from the very specific, very inflammatory, testimony of a very specific person. To me, personal information is the most logical reason for redacting this part of the sentence’s structure.

But who is it? And what is it they are alleging?

MOO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf

BBM
I haven't come up with a good fill-in just yet. However, I am confident all of you WS'ers will! We have more than 3 weeks until the next court date. This is a great challenge.

Second, there was just a small implication of domestic violence, something about Barry's hand brushed against Suzanne's nose and (I think) caused it to bleed. Again, clearly the prosecution is trying to make this a big deal and implying there was more to the story. Is that all they have, though? If that is the best evidence of DV then I'm sorry, its poor. If the prosecution has more, why leave it at innuendo rather than present a more clear-cut example?

perhaps this ties into the judges comment about wanting to protect the daughters and is one factor in the decision to keep the AA sealed. I doubt the DV is just innuendo but to lay it all out now might destroy further the daughters as well as taint the jury pool. no doubt if there is anything more than innuendo it will come out at trial. MOO. and, btw, welcome to websleuths.

perhaps this ties into the judges comment about wanting to protect the daughters and is one factor in the decision to keep the AA sealed. I doubt the DV is just innuendo but to lay it all out now might destroy further the daughters as well as taint the jury pool. no doubt if there is anything more than innuendo it will come out at trial. MOO. and, btw, welcome to websleuths.
I just don't see any alleged domestic violence being grounds to withhold the AA. I mean BM is charged with Murder 1 of his wife. Alleged DV would not be shocking and unfortunately it's also not that uncommon in the US. JMO.

Exactly! There didn't have to be anything about the affair in there, it simply could be her frustration with Barry and she already told him she wanted a divorce so writing in it about things related to him wouldn't be something she would need to hide, but he sure wouldn't want LE to see it.
He wanted law enforcement to believe they were so in love, that they shared a plate. I would hate to be a fly on the wall at spaghetti night!

There are just so many bizarre explanations for everything here.

To continue on with that line of thinking, after the redacted line, it goes on to mention that “especially considering the youngest daughter still resides in the small community of Salida.”

So if it is a person, that person probably lives in Salida. Also, based on the length of the redaction, I think it is the names of two maybe three people.
Any chance it could be the neighbor or the boyfriend and his father?

He wanted law enforcement to believe they were so in love, that they shared a plate. I would hate to be a fly on the wall at spaghetti night!

I think all this really shows why the AA is so long. It isn't as simple as here is x evidence that equals y. There is a pattern and history that is being laid out, not only of his life with Suzanne, but also the year after her death. I think maybe they laid it all out in excess to ensure they got the AA signed, but now it's hard to boil it down to a few things to present so it's really not looking like a "smoking gun", but it all adds up to it. She left us with bits and pieces of her story even though Barry tried to erase it all. She still is speaking loud and clear.

For 50+ years, BM has believed his own lies. He thought he snowed Agent Grusing so why wouldn't Grusing believe his lies too. I'm so pleased that his own words are going to bury him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member