Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pen captured that altercation, I have no doubt it would have been played in court. It couldn’t have.

I’m not concerned if Barry did or did not have an affair, as that doesn’t affect motive. Suzanne’s affair may have played a role, but I think divorce played a bigger one.

The sheets may have already been in the wash, which would make them irrelevant. They didn’t come from the master bedroom, so I just don’t see their relevance.

Barry made up an insane/illegal story to explain the tranquilizer, so I think it just has to factor in. His phone calls and texts to Suzanne minutes before arriving home, tell me that he may have stopped to load the dart, and had a limited time window.

I think his plan was to shoot Suzanne, and kill her quickly in a relatively bloodless way. Things went awry, and the one thing he didn’t want to happen happened, she scratched him.

I have no reason to believe chlorine does factor in at this point, but I’m open to it. We just haven’t heard anything convincing.

As for the domestic violence, there does seem to be some evidence of that. I’ve seen enough to show me that Barry was controlling, and highly manipulative (childish suicidal threats).

His interviews with Grusing in regards to how he would respond to divorce, say it all.

Barry Morphew marries for life…

BBM

I still find BM’s extra-marital activities potentially relevant to motive. In some of her final messages to him, SM alludes to not caring who he has been with/what he’s been up to all these years.

If she had acquired some knowledge of the who/what his secret life comprised, he would not have wanted that exposed.

Just thinking about the Partial DNA on the glove box of Suzanne's RR. This one should be looked at closer. I'll bet you ADTAD (a dollar to a donut) that the exact same SODDI Partial DNA found on the glove box will also be found on the owners service manual and service history paperwork inside the glove box.... to this day. When the vehicle was serviced, those articles were needed by the service tech. Happens every day. You can't get to them without opening the glove box.
Documenting that match should pretty much put SODDI in the clear. JMO.

Somewhat doubtful, all service history is computerized now, definitely at Land Rover.

The only reason I can think of for a service tech to go to the glovebox would be to fix/replace something in that area, e.g. cabin air filters may be in that vicinity or any cooling issue with the glovebox.

Just thinking about the Partial DNA on the glove box of Suzanne's RR. This one should be looked at closer. I'll bet you ADTAD (a dollar to a donut) that the exact same SODDI Partial DNA found on the glove box will also be found on the owners service manual and service history paperwork inside the glove box.... to this day. When the vehicle was serviced, those articles were needed by the service tech. Happens every day. You can't get to them without opening the glove box.
Documenting that match should pretty much put SODDI in the clear. JMO.

Somewhat doubtful, all service history is computerized now, definitely at Land Rover.

The only reason I can think of for a service tech to go to the glovebox would be to fix/replace something in that area, e.g. cabin air filters may be in that vicinity or any cooling issue with the glovebox.

My dealer leaves the receipt in the glovebox tucked inside the manual

Just thinking about the Morphew daughters - we are thinking that their views are the same, but maybe they aren't? Maybe one pretty much believes Barry killed Suzanne, but the other one doesn't. And maybe if one daughter does think that Barry is guilty, she's not going to say that to her sister, aunt, grandma, etc. for the sake of family harmony. It doesn't alter anything of course, I just find it an interesting possibility.

Or maybe a lug "key" to remove a tire. That's where mine is.

The wheel lock key to change tires is often kept in the glove box. SM asked BM about getting winter tires removed via a text. I think that text was included in the prelim to understand how this DNA from an unknown male was found on her glovebox. jmo What is a Locking Lug Nut or Wheel Lock?

I had my late model auto serviced in late March and it was a no-contact appointment with the itemized invoice left in my glove box.

Suzanne did mention in a text that the tires needed to be switched from winter tires, or maybe BM got the car detailed before he drove it to IN to sell?

JMO

It fits, as it’s within the window of time Barry had to work with. The drive from Salida to that location is about 2.5 hours, and he had between 5 and 6.

May 9th 10:17 to May 10th 4:30 am #BarryMorphew phone was in airplane mode. Prosecution asks Agent Grusing if that's enough time to dispose of a body-- Grusing says "it is." @KKTV11News #SuzanneMorphew

Also, the FBI is conducting this evidence recovery, and the timing itself is incredibly interesting.

Bodies are discovered all the time (we don’t know if they’ve found a body of course), and we’ve had some false alarms in the past. Most of those were fairly easy to discount, but this one has definitely piqued my curiosity.

Massguy’s getting excited!!!

It makes you wonder! If that recovery is of SM's remains, hmmmm.

I can think of several possibilities:

BM had an accomplice, like Patrick Frazee did.
BM borrowed a vehicle and made that trip with her body during that 5-6 hour window.
BM secreted her body really well right after he killed her, and relocated it to Berthoud Pass in later days (with a borrowed/untraceable vehicle).

How long would that unknown DNA last on the glovebox? Sorry if I missed it but were the offenses in Colorado?

My receipt goes in the glove box when my car is serviced as well. The manual is in there, and all of the vehicle paperwork is placed inside the portfolio that the manual is in-the sticker that they took from the window, any receipts from service, etc. My car is also washed after each service by the dealership. I have no idea if it is done on site or taken to a car wash. Inside and out.

We don’t know exactly where it was when it last pinged, but either way, it’s absolutely damning.

By Barry’s own account, he left Suzanne sleeping at 5am. Her phone should have remained on, yet it goes dark while Barry claims to have still been there.

So some event that excludes Barry, is beyond laughable.

Especially considering both his phone and truck data put him outside the house much earlier than that, which is going to be irrefutable with two separate data points saying the same thing.

He’s the last person who sees her, he admits to this.

He’s the last person with her when her phone goes dark.

He’s in the vicinity of the bike.

He puts himself driving past the helmet location.

I mean, come on. That’s just the start.

Seriosuly. And he just happens to be home frantically running around the house with a .22 shooting chipmunks at the last time proof of life from SM and any outbound communication are known.

How long would that unknown DNA last on the glovebox? Sorry if I missed it but were the offenses in Colorado?

My receipt goes in the glove box when my car is serviced as well. The manual is in there, and all of the vehicle paperwork is placed inside the portfolio that the manual is in-the sticker that they took from the window, any receipts from service, etc. My car is also washed after each service by the dealership. I have no idea if it is done on site or taken to a car wash. Inside and out.
IIRC one was in IL and 2 in AZ?

The 3 partial DNA's according to Lauren:

@LaurenScharfTV

The matches are from Pheonix, Chicago, and Tempe, Arizona. Tempe case was looked into in Dec. 2020. Cahill contacted the investigator in charge of the attempted sexual assault outside a local convenience store. However, the Tempe case had two suspects.

1:26 PM · Aug 24, 2021·

MOO was able to locate the approximate place the FBI is searching. about 8-10 miles from i70 turn off the 40. A little past Berthoud Falls. MOO.
10 minutes.
Fits a possible side trip on way to Broomfield.
He would be passing the highway 40 turn off from i70 a little after 7am in the morning.
An evidence agent was taking a blue tarp out of their truck in the news clip.
So hoping.
The blue tarp coming out of the vehicle is very interesting to me. I would think this means they found something related to a crime. I am hoping and wishing it is the recovery of SM. However, if not related to this particular case I hope it solves another. Jmo

Attachments

• 21DB8303-13FB-47D2-92A3-4A30D60AF60E.jpeg
    21DB8303-13FB-47D2-92A3-4A30D60AF60E.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
The 3 partial DNA's according to Lauren:

@LaurenScharfTV

The matches are from Pheonix, Chicago, and Tempe, Arizona. Tempe case was looked into in Dec. 2020. Cahill contacted the investigator in charge of the attempted sexual assault outside a local convenience store. However, the Tempe case had two suspects.

1:26 PM · Aug 24, 2021·
Thanks. I hope the state can work through the SODDIs or at least give the eventual jury an education on DNA, statistics and probability.

Just thinking about the Morphew daughters - we are thinking that their views are the same, but maybe they aren't? Maybe one pretty much believes Barry killed Suzanne, but the other one doesn't. And maybe if one daughter does think that Barry is guilty, she's not going to say that to her sister, aunt, grandma, etc. for the sake of family harmony. It doesn't alter anything of course, I just find it an interesting possibility.

This reminds me so much of the Robert and Maria Marshall case out of Toms River, New Jersey back in the 80s. Subject of the book (and TV movie) Blind Faith (Joe McGinnis). Maria, a beautiful mother devoted to her children, was shot and killed at a rest area on the way home from Atlantic City. Their middle son, Chris, suspected his father from day one but didn't say anything to anyone. The oldest son, Roby, wanted to believe his father was innocent but eventually during the trial, realized he was not. The youngest son, John, only 13 at the time, never waivered in his belief that his father was innocent. All three boys attended the trial in support of their father, despite the misgivings of the oldest two. Thirty years later, Chris and Roby even asked the parole board to deny their father's parole when the opportunity arose. Robert Marshall later died in prison never having reconciled with his two oldest sons. I predict a similar fate in this case.

Just wanted to throw out that I keep my lug nut key in my glove compartment. Needed when switching out my tires. It sounds like the Morphew's switched out between winter and summer tires as noted by Suzanne's text to BM about getting the tires on the RR changed out for summer. Paraphrasing.

edited for my own gobbility goo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member