Found Deceased PA - Matthew Mindler, 19, MU student, did not return to his room, Millersville, 24 Aug 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MILLERSVILLE, Pa. (WHTM) — Millersville University Police are searching for a 20-year-old first-year student who reportedly went missing on Tuesday night.

Police say Matthew Mindler of Hellertown, Pa., was reported missing late Wednesday night after he didn’t come back to his room or return calls from his family. He was last seen walking from his residence hall, West Villages, toward the Centennial Dr. parking lot area around 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

They say he was wearing a white Millersville University hooded sweatshirt with black stripes on the sleeve, a black backpack, jeans and white sneakers. Mindler was in classes Monday and Tuesday but did not show up Wednesday or Thursday.

Police are in contact with Mindler’s family and working with campus staff. Police filed their report with the National Crime Information Center less than 24 hours after the initial report. Local police departments are also notified.

MU Police ask anyone with information to contact them at (717) 871-4357. Information can also be reported confidentially to the Millersville LiveSafe Safety app.

MU-Matthew-Mindler.jpg

Millersville University Police searching for missing first-year student

In reviewing a google map of the campus, there are 2 parking lots relatively close to his residence hall, West Villages. I wonder if Matt had a car - there's no mention from LE or his mother, but I suspect they would say his car is missing.

In respect to the overall campus layout, the residence halls and parking lots are on the edge, boundary of the campus, so it appears that he wasn't heading in that direction to reach another part of the campus.

Since it indicates he had his backpack, leads me to believe he was going to study or maybe planned on staying at a friend's or fellow student's room for the night. Most students wouldn't take their backpack to a party unless it contained "beverages" for the evening.

Attachments

• CampusMap (2).png
    CampusMap (2).png
    538 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Connestoga River is nearby. First place I would look along with the Millersville Biological Preserve.

Seems to be an annual ritual. Young men going missing from college starts about this time each year.

Sorry for double post.

Hellertown isn't that far from Millersville. Like two hours? Could Matt not liked the dorm life and got a friend to pick him up?

It's tough enough JMO for some of these young people to transition to College life when life was "normal". Today?

In reviewing a google map of the campus, there are 2 parking lots relatively close to his residence hall, West Villages. I wonder if Matt had a car - there's no mention from LE or his mother, but I suspect they would say his car is missing.

In respect to the overall campus layout, the residence halls and parking lots are on the edge, boundary of the campus, so it appears that he wasn't heading in that direction to reach another part of the campus.

Since it indicates he had his backpack, leads me to believe he was going to study or maybe planned on staying at a friend's or fellow student's room for the night. Most students wouldn't take their backpack to a party unless it contained "beverages" for the evening.
I wonder what's on the other side of the parking lot? Are there any student apartments or off campus houses? MOO

As a 20 year old and a first year student he most likely wasn't starting college right after high school. Was he a transfer student or took a gap year before starting college? MOO
Mother said he’s 19, not 20. I’m totally puzzled why he was wearing a hoodie. I was out walking at the time he went missing and it’s been super humid and hot. Leaving at 8:10 at night with a back pack makes me think he took off, hoping that’s the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back