AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
She may start most nights in her own bed and end up in her parents’ bed - that’s not uncommon for 5yr olds.

Still not sure why the sleeping habits are directly relevant to her disappearance.
They may not be, IMO. I think since we don’t know what happened, it’s hard to rule out anything being relevant to her disappearance yet. I believe it became relevant-adjacent when DW admitted to SA against his sister/step-sister when they were around Summer’s age and then said Summer slept next him at night. Also, I don’t think DW has publicly confirmed an alibi, so we don’t know if he was at the property at all that day. So, in case there’s anything to do with SA that’s involved in her disappearance, it would be relevant. If she wandered off or was abducted or had an accident, it may not be relevant. JMO.

I'm not trying to be flip, but I don't see the relevancy of whether Summer slept in the bunk bed downstairs all the time, part of the time, or never. She did not disappear overnight. She was seen by people outside the immediate family during daytime.

Where Summer slept and how frequently she slept there may have relevancy when/if Summer is recovered alive and child protection services evaluates the home environment. But here we are hoping to assist with locating a missing child. The intensity of the discussion has started to seem kind of judgmental or intrusive to me.

I realize WSers are discussing sleeping arrangements because of DW's history of sexual assault of young girls in his family. It raises obvious concern for Summer's welfare while living in the household. But as of now there is no evidence to establish Don abused Summer, as the moderators have cautioned us. When/if Summer is located alive, CPS will investigate. We can speculate about scenarios where possible sexual abuse ties into her disappearance but the circumstances of that day make them far less likely: Summer was last known to be in the company of family members other than her father.

I'm not trying to be flip, but I don't see the relevancy of whether Summer slept in the bunk bed downstairs all the time, part of the time, or never. She did not disappear overnight. She was seen by people outside the immediate family that day.

Where Summer slept and how frequently she slept there may have relevancy when/if Summer is recovered alive and child protection services evaluates the home environment. But here we are hoping to assist with locating a missing child. The intensity of the discussion has started to seem kind of judgmental or intrusive to me.

I realize WSers are discussing sleeping arrangements because of DW's history of sexual assault of young girls in his family. It raises obvious concern for Summer's welfare while living in the household. But as of now there is no evidence to establish Don abused Summer, as the moderators have cautioned us. When/if Summer is located alive, CPS will investigate. We can speculate about scenarios where possible sexual abuse ties into her disappearance but the circumstances of that day make them far less likely: Summer was last known to be in the company of family members other than her father.
Since we don’t know what happened, family dynamics may be relevant. I think we are all trying to get a sense of what happened the day she disappeared and somehow the post gets crowded with sleeping arrangements. Perhaps missing the broader picture while focusing on the word stayed vs slept. Perhaps a pack of wild dogs lured Summer away. We basically have no idea so just trying to understand Summer and get a sense for her as a person could help someone out there find her, I hope. JMO.

She may start most nights in her own bed and end up in her parents’ bed - that’s not uncommon for 5yr olds.

Still not sure why the sleeping habits are directly relevant to her disappearance.
The lack of cohesion of what mom and dad say.

There is the relevance.

Facts matter.

When there is little to go on. Facts really really matter.

moo

I don't know why DW would have gone on YT and said SW slept between him and CB if it wasn't true. SW probably also had a designated sleeping area just because, idk, reasons.

But, why would he say that if it had no bearing on reality?
We wouldn't even be having this ridiculously long debate over this if not for DW.

It is kind of like H talking about SW's shorts outfit she arrived at his house wearing. Why would he invent that? How would it even occur to him to make up such a thing especially since he hasn't seen SW in a while and therefore wouldn't be confusing this with a different day.

Just FYI, I’ve been posting video transcripts from approved links in the media thread. So everyone has access to the approved interviews. Done a few, will do more as I can. If you can’t search through YouTube, you can look there.

Tiff also has made a timeline with embedded links that is AWESOME and very much worth your time to check out. It’s in the media thread!

TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 Media Maps Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

I don't know why DW would have gone on YT and said SW slept between him and CB if it wasn't true. SW probably also had a designated sleeping area just because, idk, reasons.

But, why would he say that if it had no bearing on reality?
We wouldn't even be having this ridiculously long debate over this if not for DW.

It is kind of like H talking about SW's shorts outfit she arrived at his house wearing. Why would he invent that? How would it even occur to him to make up such a thing especially since he hasn't seen SW in a while and therefore wouldn't be confusing this with a different day.
BBM. To show he controls the narrative. We do know of at least one incidence of domestic violence which he blamed on everyone but himself. JMO

I'm not trying to be flip, but I don't see the relevancy of whether Summer slept in the bunk bed downstairs all the time, part of the time, or never. She did not disappear overnight. She was seen by people outside the immediate family during daytime.

There are ways that this question could have an impact upon her disappearance.

Let's take a hypothetical, so I don't break TOS. Let's take a hypothetical case, where a child is being neglected or abused by her family. And maybe CPS is already watching the family and the family is tense about that.

So if that child were to be accidentally injured and died, while in care of the family, would they feel compelled to cover up the death, in order to avoid CPS taking the other children? And maybe to avoid an autopsy, which might show abuse or neglect to the deceased child?

Since we don’t know what happened, family dynamics may be relevant. I think we are all trying to get a sense of what happened the day she disappeared and somehow the post gets crowded with sleeping arrangements. Perhaps missing the broader picture while focusing on the word stayed vs slept. Perhaps a pack of wild dogs lured Summer away. We basically have no idea so just trying to understand Summer and get a sense for her as a person could help someone out there find her, I hope. JMO.

Thanks for your response. Early on what I learned more about the family, Summer's craving for physical attention from non-family adults, and the condition of the house, I was distressed. And those things made me suspect family members were directly responsible or indirectly through inattention or neglect. Gradually I realized the causes for my concern could be real but unrelated to her disappearance. The times that we know of do not seem
to allow sufficient time or opportunity for a family member to dispose of a body in such a way that has remained hidden for 2 months.

The seeming lack of progress in the investigation got to me again tonight. Every time I log on, I hope to read about a resolution or at least concrete developments. So tonight when I read the ongoing discussion of slept/stayed, my frustration prompted my post. I hope I did not come across as argumentative. Everyone here hopes against hope for a positive resolution or answers.

I've been pondering this for weeks trying to find a scenario that works with the little bit of info we know. I'm not saying this is exactly what happened, just trying the theory on for size. Let's say everything happens exactly as CW said. During the call from DW he realizes she's with H. Jealousy seems to play a large role in their relationship. Maybe in his mind H is a romantic rival and now he's angry so he tells her about some guy in the area trying to mess with kids, figuring she'll get rid of H and rush home. He stews for a little bit and then decides to see if she did that so he goes home but parks down from the house where the car won't be seen. When he gets there he sees SW in the yard alone and now gets even more mad because he's told CW to watch her closely. SW spots him and runs down to meet him. He asks her where H is and she tells him they dropped him off. Now he knows he's not there so he doesn't have to go to the house to check. He decides to give CW a good scare by taking SW back to work with him. They get there and he now has to work fast and make up time so he's not paying close attention to SW. She wanders away and either gets lost, injured or abducted from THAT site. CW calls him in a panic and he says he'll be right there. He now realizes SW is gone. Now it's his turn to panic and he tells her to call 911 and maybe or maybe not he does too but then he spends time frantically looking around the job site for her. At that time of day most of the other contractors/subs would be gone as they start very early so no one would see him looking. Now he realizes he has to get home and go along with the missing from home scenario. The 5:30-6:30 thing may come in as he lost time looking around the job site. He can't admit that he took her to work so he's just going along like she's missing from home because that puts the suspicion on CW who absolutely is telling the truth except for how long SW was out of her sight because she was probably impaired and doesn't want to admit it due to CPS involvement.
I'm not sure I agree with your entire story line but from day one I didn't think DW was at work and or came home and somehow got away with removing SW from the property due to CW possible lack of supervision. That scenario has stuck with me as I still can't make any other sense of the situation. All my own opinion.

There are ways that this question could have an impact upon her disappearance.

Let's take a hypothetical, so I don't break TOS. Let's take a hypothetical case, where a child is being neglected or abused by her family. And maybe CPS is already watching the family and the family is tense about that.

So if that child were to be accidentally injured and died, while in care of the family, would they feel compelled to cover up the death, in order to avoid CPS taking the other children? And maybe to avoid an autopsy, which might show abuse or neglect to the deceased child?
This case reminds me of Elaina Steinfurth who went missing in Toledo several years ago. Her body was found three months later in a box in a garage that had already been searched. So much time had elapsed, her autopsy was inconclusive.

Remains found in box likely missing Ohio toddler, police say

Do you think Candus knew about Don's history? I bet she is just learning all of that same time we did.
Could be, okay.
That would be some shock to receive on top of losing Summer, her 3 sons and the companionship of her mother and friend.
That is why I worry about her and avoid fruitless speculation.
There was a time, a long time when I didn't believe for a single moment that victims read Websleuths.
I know now that many do.

We were plugging away at the Ying Ying Zhang case for a couple of years here with almost no information.
After the trial, the chief witness and a member of the prosecution team joined us, they had been reading all along and they were kind enough to answer our questions and thank us personally.
I never, ever expected it.
That was a Federal death penalty case.

I'm not sure I agree with your entire story line but from day one I didn't think DW was at work and or came home and somehow got away with removing SW from the property due to CW possible lack of supervision. That scenario has stuck with me as I still can't make any other sense of the situation. All my own opinion.

I'm interested in other scenarios as well. So do you think DW was home and never went to work?

Could be, okay.
That would be some shock to receive on top of losing Summer, her 3 sons and the companionship of her mother and friend.
That is why I worry about her and avoid fruitless speculation.
There was a time, a long time when I didn't believe for a single moment that victims read Websleuths.
I know now that many do.

We were plugging away at the Ying Ying Zhang case for a couple of years here with almost no information.
After the trial, the chief witness and a member of the prosecution team joined us, they had been reading all along and they were kind enough to answer our questions and thank us personally.
I never, ever expected it.
That was a Federal death penalty case.
I am worried for Candus.
Its complicated my thoughts but she is at high risk .

Her whole world has implodded.

Even when/if we are the makers of our own mayhem and chaos...doesn't mean we seen it coming and /or are prepared for it.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member