Found Safe AZ - Amy Harshbarger, 40, and two sons, 13 & 7, Tempe, Arrest Warrant, 13 Aug 2021 *Mom arrested*

cass523

Reaction score
TEMPE, Ariz. — A Tempe woman and her two sons, ages 13 and 7, were reported missing Friday after possibly camping, the Tempe Police Department said.

Amy, Garrett and Miles Harshbarger were last seen on Aug. 13 and have not been seen since, police said.

According to the police report, Amy Harshbarger made statements about going camping in the area of Payson or Prescott before they went missing.

Police said they could be driving a 2004 Toyota Sequoia with Arizona license plate CLV5575 eastbound on Highway 72 near Huntsville, Alabama.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311.

Tempe mother, 2 sons missing | 12news.com

EDITED BY MODERATOR to add Missing Poster

Attachments

• 5211889C-FB96-42BF-9E01-330DCB6578E6.jpeg
    5211889C-FB96-42BF-9E01-330DCB6578E6.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of surreal. I do not know this family personally at all, but I do work with an extended family member who is a wonderful, compassionate gentleman FWIW (although irrelevant, sorry).

I don’t have anything important to add, although I will do a bit of searching around and see if I can find any pertinent information from MSM to post. My initial thoughts are simply the “go to” for 99% of the missing with little information being reported.

-accident that hasn’t been discovered yet
-some sort of relationship strife (to be fair, I have NO knowledge of whether she was even in a relationship with a significant other)
-they set out on a trip & possibly changed plans so don’t realize they are considered missing

Whatever the case, prayers for them. From pictures they appear to be a beautiful family. One picture looks like it may be a first day of school picture or a picture in his first day of school outfit.

Last edited:
@LizzyE, do you live in, or are you familiar with, that area -- of course, you do not have to answer... It's just so helpful if a WS'er knows a bit about the area, etc. :)

Unfortunately, I don’t live anywhere near the area (& never have) as I wish I could be of more help in that department. I currently live a few states away. From what all I’ve read (which is not much), they could be anywhere between Arizona and Alabama...or somewhere else entirely. A ton of mileage could be covered by them in the 2 weeks they’ve been missing. I’m sure LE has been doing their due diligence in attempting to track them via bank cards, cameras, possibly some kind of vehicle location device, etc. If and when the authorities ask for more public assistance and release more information, I’d love to help in any small way I can.

I share an office with the extended family member but am currently on maternity leave so we haven’t spoken even about work related matters in almost a month. I have been reading the rules and am doing my best to understand them. If I hear of anything that I can share without violating the rules, I will definitely do so.

According to Crime On Line article, they were last seen in Alabama heading toward Tennessee.

Missing Arizona Family Could Be Heading to Tennessee

Hopefully now that it is getting national attention, someone will spot the car.
“Without explanation, police said the Harshbargers may be in a 2004 Toyota Sequioa, Arizona plates CLV5575, traveling east on US 72 near Huntsville, Alabama, a highway which does not go to Tennessee.”

What prompted this camping trip? Are the boys supposed to be in school?

Many thanks, LizzyE. You have a big heart! An-n-n-nd you're on maternity leave! Hope you both are doing well!
This is a bit belated, but here it is:

Welcome to Websleuths,
LizzyE !!

“Without explanation, police said the Harshbargers may be in a 2004 Toyota Sequioa, Arizona plates CLV5575, traveling east on US 72 near Huntsville, Alabama, a highway which does not go to Tennessee.”

This is strange, or the facts/details are not being released to the media. She takes off and nobody knows where, only that she mentioned going camping in possibly two different areas? Where is the boy's father, her parents, family, friends, and shouldn't the boys be starting school? Are they from Tempe, headed toward Alabama/TN? Anyone know?

Need a court expert here to check this for the August info (what does it mean please?)

Family Court Case Information - Case History

Oh Wow, did you find a bit of detail, if it is her. It sure looks like it. Looks like a bit of a custody battle; look at the record leading up to 8/25/21. It looks like one male child, name withheld. I wonder if her boys have different fathers? Why only one child, unless I am not reading it correctly (very possible o_O) August 25, a request to alter custody arrangements.

@AZlawyer , can you weigh in on the divorce/custody case?

Long ago in a galaxy far away I worked at Child Support Enforcement.

Looks IMKO to be a rather drawn-out divorce, filed in 2014, decree issued 2018.

Recently, custody matters.

Hope the safety of both boys is the first concern of all the adults involved.

jmho ymmv lrr

She checked miles out of school early, it was her week with him. When miles father came to pick up his son from school and he wasn’t there that is when they found out she was gone. I’m Garrett’s father. She has family on her mother’s side in Birmingham, which is south of Huntsville. We visited for her grandmothers 90th birthday back when Garrett was only 7-8 mo old. She is mentally unstable, and possibly armed.

She checked miles out of school early, it was her week with him. When miles father came to pick up his son from school and he wasn’t there that is when they found out she was gone. I’m Garrett’s father. She has family on her mother’s side in Birmingham, which is south of Huntsville. We visited for her grandmothers 90th birthday back when Garrett was only 7-8 mo old. She is mentally unstable, and possibly armed.
This information surely amplifies the severity of the situation.

so seems she left on trip impromptu without permission from father.

please look into becoming a verified insider so that you are able to post freely without links to any msm media

Oh Wow, did you find a bit of detail, if it is her. It sure looks like it. Looks like a bit of a custody battle; look at the record leading up to 8/25/21. It looks like one male child, name withheld. I wonder if her boys have different fathers? Why only one child, unless I am not reading it correctly (very possible o_O) August 25, a request to alter custody arrangements.
Yes, she had a long custody battle with miles father, she had a custody battle with me over Garrett. She pulled the same t
This information surely amplifies the severity of the situation.

so seems she left on trip impromptu without permission from father.

please look into becoming a verified insider so that you are able to post freely without links to any msm media
how do I do that?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr