Found Deceased PA - Matthew Mindler, 19, MU student, did not return to his room, Millersville, 24 Aug 2021

For some reason I am able to see this.

It does say it's being treated as an "unintended death". Which to me means he did not intend to kill himself.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/d01f073c-3c32-42b0-b04f-552f2848560b-jpeg.310521/
They say that for anytime someone is found alone. Maybe he was just using and it was accidental. Of course we can guess the drug of choice, which runs a high risk with every use.
excellent point. I am a bit perplexed by this whole scene. Overdosing on 3rd day of college. Outside of a frat party overdose, this is odd.
If they say it was suicide then it wasn’t drugs.

Last edited:
I went to sleepover camp & boarding schools from a very young age. These places definitely have their own type of drug problems (hard to hide alcohol/weed but anything up the nose will do just fine), but I was so surprised by my freshman roommates in undergrad - some had never experienced that kind of freedom and went a bit wild, at least in the beginning.

There’s new people to befriend and maybe impress, fun new things to try, and no parents.

Oh, and a pandemic that impacts the illicit drugs, too. A lot of users have no way to know what is actually in their drug of choice. COVID-19 causes some illegal drug prices to surge, as supplies are disrupted worldwide

I went to sleepover camp & boarding schools from a very young age. These places definitely have their own type of drug problems (hard to hide alcohol/weed but anything up the nose will do just fine), but I was so surprised by my freshman roommates in undergrad - some had never experienced that kind of freedom and went a bit wild, at least in the beginning.

There’s new people to befriend and maybe impress, fun new things to try, and no parents.

Oh, and a pandemic that impacts the illicit drugs, too. A lot of users have no way to know what is actually in their drug of choice. COVID-19 causes some illegal drug prices to surge, as supplies are disrupted worldwide
The drugs they are using around here, lead to addiction fast. Not the kind people use at a party. It’s a horrible epidemic. I was keeping track of all the local kids that have died the last few years, breaks my heart.

So tragic and heartbreaking. There could've been others with him that just left him there. If he did have a known drug problem college could've been viewed as a fresh start and new goals. All MOO
Hopefully they can get information “ Unattended Death Investigation”where the stuff came from and get it off the streets. I would love to know his story, what he planned to do after school. If he wanted to go back to acting. What brought him to a wooded area in Millersville.

If this was something he was struggling with, he could have kept it well- hidden from family. And at 19, your parents can't tell you where to go to college nor live. I am so sorry for his family. They didn't have a way to prevent this.

If this was something he was struggling with, he could have kept it well- hidden from family. And at 19, your parents can't tell you where to go to college nor live. I am so sorry for his family. They didn't have a way to prevent this.
Possible he had treatment and they thought all was good. It’s really hard to keep these drugs hidden long. I will be watching to see if it was fentanyl and if it came from here or he brought it with him. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he got it here. So tragic!

Sometimes, someone who has had a drug addiction or problem, manages to break free of it and live a clean life, sometimes for months, sometimes years. Then they run into someone they used to know or are offered something they used to take and I think they believe it's been so long it won't hurt them now if they just have one "taste". Sometimes they will take the same amount they used to use and it is too much, their bodies aren't acclimated anymore.

This is all just my own humble opinion. I have a friend who lost his son (who I also worked with) and that is what we assume happened. Because you try to rationalize and understand how it could happen. He had been clean for about 2 years, working, engaged, going to the gym regularly, eating right, taking care of himself - and it was a huge shock when he was found dead from an overdose. Only in his mid 20's. It was about 6 years ago now - but it pretty much destroyed the family. My heart just broke for him and for the family he left behind.

(sorry my laptop is being cranky to link)
abc27 news tweeted Millersville Univ
police say at this point it's not being treated as a criminal investigation, only calling it an "unattended death". The Lancaster County Coroner says an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Sometimes, someone who has had a drug addiction or problem, manages to break free of it and live a clean life, sometimes for months, sometimes years. Then they run into someone they used to know or are offered something they used to take and I think they believe it's been so long it won't hurt them now if they just have one "taste". Sometimes they will take the same amount they used to use and it is too much, their bodies aren't acclimated anymore.

This is all just my own humble opinion. I have a friend who lost his son (who I also worked with) and that is what we assume happened. Because you try to rationalize and understand how it could happen. He had been clean for about 2 years, working, engaged, going to the gym regularly, eating right, taking care of himself - and it was a huge shock when he was found dead from an overdose. Only in his mid 20's. It was about 6 years ago now - but it pretty much destroyed the family. My heart just broke for him and for the family he left behind.

It’s horribly sad and hard to understand. There is nothing worse then losing a child, no matter what age. Lost my son age 24 the same way as this young man, he went missing and was found in a patch of bamboo 19 days later. We live in the same area, so it hits home. It’s been 5 years, time helps but life is never the same. My heart so goes out to all parents dealing with addiction, for the life of me I will never understand it and I watched it first hand. Since my sons death, I’ve watched many of his friends and kids he went to school with pass away, so many young lives cut short. Once this drug grabs ahold of them, it’s also in their brain trying to pull them back.

Idk, police say they're investigating "unintended death". Not that they can pinpoint a victim's mindset. But I'm assuming they have certain facts that can point to his death as accidental.
Leave it to Lancaster New Papers. It was a mistake.

Attachments

• A05A8A78-F3CE-4AAB-A8F4-C176685D9642.png
    A05A8A78-F3CE-4AAB-A8F4-C176685D9642.png
    503.3 KB · Views: 35
It’s horribly sad and hard to understand. There is nothing worse then losing a child, no matter what age. Lost my son age 24 the same way as this young man, he went missing and was found in a patch of bamboo 19 days later. We live in the same area, so it hits home. It’s been 5 years, time helps but life is never the same. My heart so goes out to all parents dealing with addiction, for the life of me I will never understand it and I watched it first hand. Since my sons death, I’ve watched many of his friends and kids he went to school with pass away, so many young lives cut short. Once this drug grabs ahold of them, it’s also in their brain trying to pull them back.
Your son is gorgeous. My deepest sympathies.

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. The stuff out there is wicked scary these days, you don't know where it's from or what it's laced with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back