Found Deceased TN - William McKenzie Jr., 21, Jackson, 27 Sep 2019 *vehicle with remains found 2021*

Welcome to Websleuths, @BabyBlue99!
Thank you.
I’m calling the missing person here Brian not “William” because his mom calls him this.

This YT clip is a difficult thing to watch/listen to due to the technical issues experienced during filming, however I think the mom didn’t really know her son as well as she thought. No parent wants to concede that their child may not be as pure as the driven snow, when plenty of the indicators suggest otherwise. All involved here seem to be wanting to paint a pretty tame picture of everyone else but Murphy (including the coworker who says he only listens to church music and couldn’t possibly be involved in making rap videos with Brian etc). But it seems to me that there were possible drug addictions (in the case of Brian, he was apparently on prescription “medicine” as well as using “recreationally”), some dark and dodgy characters and relationships, perhaps some sideline “business” activities etc going on that Brian was a party to or at least knowingly on the periphery of.

It doesn’t minimize the seriousness of the situation, the fact he’s still missing, the likelihood that Keenan Murphy is very much involved with his disappearance, or the mom’s pain. But in order to solve something like this you kinda have to examine the circumstances in a clinical and unvarnished fashion rather than glossing over the stuff that might reveal what was really going on in the lead-up to Murphy leaving that porch in a vehicle with Brian, as is alleged.

The “friend” Shaun claimed to the mom that Brian got “stuck on” something backing out of the driveway in his Jeep, but after looking at the fence and driveway the mom couldn’t see how this could’ve happened or what he could’ve possibly hit. That same friend - while “helping” the mom search for Brian before law enforcement got involved - kept “looking down” into creeks as they drove around looking for him.

IMO: taken all together, I wonder if perhaps Murphy (who was on the run and likely needing a vehicle for escape or to turn into quick cash) was attempting to steal the Jeep while Brian was distracted and smoking drugs on the porch. The Jeep is probably why Brian was invited over in the first place. Brian tried to stop this but ended up getting shot, hit or run over by the vehicle (probably his body was what the Jeep got “stuck on” but with Murphy behind the wheel). Then Murphy - with or without assistance - disposed of him and told Shaun he was already an accessory to multiple felonies and would be killed next if he ratted.
If one could cross reference the time Brian was on the porch, then the Dollar Store (just him or two people) , then ping on last conversation , we might get an idea whether he left the porch or not.
If you map the Inns that Murphy stayed in the nights before he shot the other people, as well as where they were shot- I think that's 8 days between the two sets of shootings, with Brian in the middle - you will see it's not far apart. Considering how Murphy did his deeds, I wonder if there were any burnt out cars reported/or not reported in that 8 day gap and what they were.
Can't the authorities just ask Murphy?
Sad sad

Hopefully spring-time weather will encourage more folks to get out and search for Brian and his Jeep.

Dated articles. BBM
The search continues for William Brian McKenzie - WBBJ TV
19 Jan 2020
Volunteers searched wooded areas around Campbell Street and other areas around Jackson in search for any clues that may lead to McKenzie’s whereabouts. [snip] If you have information on McKenzie’s whereabouts, call the Jackson Police Department at (731) 425-8400.

Search continues for William Brian McKenzie - WBBJ TV
February 2, 2020
Volunteers searched wooded areas around Oakfield Drive and Chrismasville Road, as well other areas around Jackson.

William Brian McKenzie Jr.: Jackson mother continues search for missing son
23 Jan 2020

Snipped

McKenzie is roughly 6'1'' and weighs about 180 pounds. He has dark hair and brown eyes.

He was last seen wearing his Denny's uniform, including an apron and a black hat that reads, "Denny's" in large red letters. He was wearing a SUPREME brand lanyard and carrying a black backpack and a cross-body SUPREME bag.

McKenzie wears a cross necklace and diamond earrings in both ears. He also wears a white gold bracelet with a thin chain and a rectangular plate that reads "Diana."

McKenzie has a black tattoo of a wolf inside of a triangle on his upper left arm/shoulder. The letters "SHWB" are tattooed in black on the inside of his upper left arm. He has a tattoo of the word "sesh" inside a box with zig-zag upper and lower borders just above the inside of his left elbow.

He was last seen driving a black 2006 Jeep Liberty with license plate number 3L66T7. The vehicle registration expired on Oct. 31. The car has white Star Wars stickers on the back window and a bumper with a dent on the left side. The car's spare tire is slashed and deflated.

Vehicle of missing man; human remains found in Jackson - WBBJ TV

Around 9 a.m. Sunday morning, the Jackson Police Department responded near Howestown Mill Drive in north Jackson after a report of a car possibly being found in a pond.

According to a release, JPD contacted the West Tennessee Dive and Recovery Team.

A 2006 Jeep Liberty, belonging to William Brian McKenzie — who has been missing since September 2019 — was recovered from under the water.

A release confirms human remains were found inside the vehicle, which have since been sent to the Tennessee Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy.

Thank katydid....I heard that and came to read about Brian.

Same. It seems completely plausible that KM took it. Perhaps, he had a reason to need the vehicle, then quickly disposed of it. Perhaps, Brian either witnessed something that he wasn’t supposed to see or had info about something that he couldn’t be trusted with. Perhaps this directly involved KM. I’m just speculating, so JMOO.

EBM because I made atrocious grammar mistakes…*sigh*

Last edited:
Judging from comments by and to mother and sister on Brian's Facebook support page, they believe the remains are his. They are grieving despite coroner's report/autopsy not being official that it is Brian just yet. People are repeatedly stating R.I.P. etc. so it is possible they have insight or just very strong suspicion-I mean it isn't KM as he is locked up.

Are they going to be able to differentiate between an accident and a murder?
Perhaps. If there is obvious physical damage, i.e. knife cuts, gun shots, etc. Or if his lungs don't have water in it, which shows he died before the car went into the water.

Perhaps. If there is obvious physical damage, i.e. knife cuts, gun shots, etc. Or if his lungs don't have water in it, which shows he died before the car went into the water.
But there might just be skeletal remains, I suppose.

CM hinted last night that foul play is suspected. It was inspiring to see this man’s mother never give up her search and continuing to make people aware of him. This must be a horrible time for his family but I hope they can find some peace knowing they did everything they could to find him, and they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back