Found Deceased PA - Matthew Mindler, 19, MU student, did not return to his room, Millersville, 24 Aug 2021

I as well searched everywhere-today the news stated he was found in a wooded area when a student/friend alerted the authorities of pictures he took around that area and posted on social media?

Hey do you have a media link for that? I stumbled upon his instagram but it still had his child actor photo, no luck finding anything else.

I as well searched everywhere-today the news stated he was found in a wooded area when a student/friend alerted the authorities of pictures he took around that area and posted on social media?
It’s possible he posted pics to his Snapchat story or only sent to certain friends. It can be difficult to find a users profile unless you have their snap code or user name. JMO

So tragic and heartbreaking. There could've been others with him that just left him there. If he did have a known drug problem college could've been viewed as a fresh start and new goals. All MOO

I’d like to think no one would’ve left him there alone...That’d be a whole lower level of inhumanity- too dark to consider. Only “positive” in this is his parents no longer having to fearfully wonder of where he is- The unknowing would be beyond excruciating.

I’d like to think no one would’ve left him there alone...That’d be a whole lower level of inhumanity- too dark to consider. Only “positive” in this is his parents no longer having to fearfully wonder of where he is- The unknowing would be beyond excruciating.

It happens, unfortunately - the “friends” just leave or dump the body on the side of the road. I don’t know if PA allows a fellow user to seek help for an overdose without fear of prosecution.

One example: Man Charged in Case of Philly Woman Found Dead in Central Pa.

Oddly and I can’t link because it was just said on the news, his death was ruled a suicide but they didn’t have the cause yet. Not sure I understand that. Maybe it was said mistakenly, I’m not sure.

Obvious signs on the body causing death. Any substances from tox report would be in relation to mind set. Last year my 26 year old nephew killed himself with a gun. His toxicology report was clean, no alcohol or drugs.

My heart goes out to this young man's family. May he RIP.
Very sorry about your nephew, so sad these young people are dying way to soon.
This was right by the college, someone would have heard a shot. I kind of thought maybe there was no evidence of drugs around his body ( pill form). However they can test and find out right away if there’s drugs in his system. I’m not sure if they can tell a difference in the lab if it’s heroin or fentanyl laced. Maybe hung himself ( hate even saying that, breaks my heart ).

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Interesting he had his backpack with him. I suppose this is what held whatever he used to complete the act. Horrible and tragic, and not all that rare these days with this age group, esp. those novice college students. Although they don't always get to a point at which they kill themselves, some of them try their limits, to a point where it seems miraculous that they manage to survive.

Hey do you have a media link for that? I stumbled upon his instagram but it still had his child actor photo, no luck finding anything else.
I have no links to any social media…you got further then me finding his instagram. There seems to be some discrepancies between what the media is reporting and what I have uncovered…

I have no links to any social media…you got further then me finding his instagram. There seems to be some discrepancies between what the media is reporting and what I have uncovered…
In relation to his life or death?

I had to use google to search when I found the instagram. But it was private and I don't have any social media (FB, twitter, instagram, none) and I understand it's hard to view anything if you don't have an account.

I do recall seeing some pics of a whippet, which made my heart melt in unison with Matthew, as I have a whippet too.

edited to add, it could be a greyhound, for which I have one of those too haha.

Login • Instagram

Last edited:
No I have found out that was not a true statement. That is not how the authorities found him. He was found by a “cadaver” dog.
I agree that sounds more reasonable. He was only here a few days, I don’t think he made a lot of friends. I can’t get him off my mind, I feel so bad he suffered alone. Will be interesting to see if the toxicology report shows drugs as a contributing factor. It’s horrible either way, seems almost sadder if they aren’t.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Interesting he had his backpack with him. I suppose this is what held whatever he used to complete the act. Horrible and tragic, and not all that rare these days with this age group, esp. those novice college students. Although they don't always get to a point at which they kill themselves, some of them try their limits, to a point where it seems miraculous that they manage to survive.

I had that same thought about the backpack. It bothered me. It was the first thing that made me hope this was not suicide...it looked like he was going to study or meet someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back