GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

"Now, Nancy’s attorney is seeking to have her statements to Wynn suppressed, alleging it was a violation of her rights to be questioned without first being given a Miranda warning.

On Monday, Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Bruce Beemer heard argument on the issue and viewed Wynn’s body camera footage that showed that initial interaction by Nancy with police."
Defense tries to suppress woman's statements in kidnapping, death of Penn Hills toddler

"Now, Nancy’s attorney is seeking to have her statements to Wynn suppressed, alleging it was a violation of her rights to be questioned without first being given a Miranda warning.

On Monday, Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Bruce Beemer heard argument on the issue and viewed Wynn’s body camera footage that showed that initial interaction by Nancy with police."
Defense tries to suppress woman's statements in kidnapping, death of Penn Hills toddler

Thank you for finding this! I was able to locate another with the video.

WATCH: Investigators Release Body Camera Video From Traffic Stop Involving Woman Accused Of Kidnapping And Killing Nalani Johnson

If they are successful at suppressing only the statements Nancy makes in the video, there’s not much to suppress other than her pretending not to know about a baby. Which of course was a lie.

Hopefully the Miranda rights were read right after that, which seems to be what the article states that @CCJD posted.

If they are successful at suppressing only the statements Nancy makes in the video, there’s not much to suppress other than her pretending not to know about a baby. Which of course was a lie.

Hopefully the Miranda rights were read right after that, which seems to be what the article states that @CCJD posted.
I agree. Won’t make much difference, except her dumb statement of “which baby?” or “what baby?”

Allegheny County prosecutors on Monday released police bodycam video showing 27-year-old Sharena Nancy talking to a Penn Hills officer who stopped her and questioned her about the whereabouts of Nalani Johnson. The Tribune-Review reports that the video shows Nancy repeatedly denying any knowledge of a child and saying “it’s a misunderstanding.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...to-bar-use-of-video-statements-in-child-death

“You better tell me right now where’s the baby at?” Wynn asked.

“Which baby?” she continued. “Officer, you’re making, it’s a misunderstanding, I think. Officer, I’m the Uber driver. I don’t know about any baby. You’re making a mistake. It’s a misunderstanding.”

The interaction continued like that for about six minutes. Then, Wynn told Nancy she had the right to remain silent.

(video of the traffic stop at link)

“You better tell me right now where’s the baby at?” Wynn asked.

“Which baby?” she continued. “Officer, you’re making, it’s a misunderstanding, I think. Officer, I’m the Uber driver. I don’t know about any baby. You’re making a mistake. It’s a misunderstanding.”

The interaction continued like that for about six minutes. Then, Wynn told Nancy she had the right to remain silent.

(video of the traffic stop at link)

Sharena Nancy. Another lying liar who lies. And murders children.

JUL 14, 2021
Woman accused in Penn Hills toddler’s death wants statements thrown out

LT3AOVQZFBFPZFX5COB3JSWODA.JPG

So precious. :(

Thinking of Nalani this week. Yesterday marked two years since her abduction. She was found abandoned and deceased in a park, still in her car seat, 3 days later.

Reminder of the timeline.
Timeline of abduction, search and discovery of Nalani Johnson

#Justice4Nalani

Hello fellow Pittsburgher! I can't believe there's been absolutely nothing in the news about this case, yet WPXI loves to repeat stories ad nauseum about stupid stuff. It's heartbreaking that the case keeps getting put off.

Hello fellow Pittsburgher! I can't believe there's been absolutely nothing in the news about this case, yet WPXI loves to repeat stories ad nauseum about stupid stuff. It's heartbreaking that the case keeps getting put off.

Hey there.. Hello.. we are the black and gold!

I have been so disappointed by the lack of coverage on the case by local media.

I did a quick search and was glad to at least find this recent tribute to Nalani.

Loved Ones Hold Memorial, Sing 'Happy Birthday' On Nalani Johnson's 4th Birthday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back