MS MS - Hattiesburg, WhtMale 22-28, UP4746, hit by car, 'Steve Hex (Hicks)', red hair/freckles, Dec'98

I tend to think one of the following scenarios are possible :

* He was saying his name was Steve and was referring to Hix , WV , as a previous poster mentioned , there is indeed a Hix ( McDowell County) WV and a Hix ( Summers County ) WV

* He was saying his name was Steve Hicks as it is a common name in WV

* OR Could he have been saying his name was Steve Vicks or Steve Vix , Steve Vex , Steve Hex , Steve Hix, Steve Ickes ? Under duress and with an accent if you say any of those names mashed together , it could be hard to determine one from another . I live in PA very close to the WV border and we tend to talk fast , shorten words and mash them together without much enunciation. Plus this man had just suffered a massive injury.
For example , we would never say " I'm going to go over there". We would say " ima go overdare" .

This is definitely solvable and such a tragedy .
I think it's possible that he told them his real name and they misheard it.

Original
Original

From namus, looks like the first in an actual photo

Such a sad case, and it's a shame he has not been identified. I wonder if Steve Hicks was his name at all? If it was, could it originally be Stephen? Other surnames that sound similar Higgs, Nick's...just so many.
I wonder if he was speaking clearly at the time, would be really interesting to know.

Wow! Did you submit the information? Please let us know if you get a response from LE that they received and are looking into your suggestion.

I can't get any help from LE. It's like they don't want yo solve cold cases. Well at the ones I've had to message. I've attached a sise by side of MP and UID. 4 months between missing, date and UID was hit.

Attachments

• 20210812_203917.jpg
    20210812_203917.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 79
He had a noticeable large surgical scar on his abdomen and one in the face.

According to Doe Network, this UID did not have identifying scars, though.
649UMMS

However since Daniel Gerard Ryan has dental records (3350DMNY - Daniel Gerard Ryan), they could probably use those to rule him out (or in?), if they haven't already.

Daniel Gerard Ryan sister dose not think it's him. I had submitted prior to that. A person in my Facebook group submitted another candidate. I'll post a screen shot of her post.

I can't get any help from LE. It's like they don't want yo solve cold cases. Well at the ones I've had to message. I've attached a sise by side of MP and UID. 4 months between missing, date and UID was hit.
I've suggested and submitted that one before. I think I still have an old post earlier in this thread. I agree the likeness is very strong.

I have a group on Facebook that I started with a few people dedicated to "Steve Hick/Hex Mississippi John doe"
A member posted this this morning, she asked me to black out names so no one would get into trouble. Im sharing this with you here and maybe someone knows what steps can now be taken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-104926_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-104926_Facebook.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 94
I have a group on Facebook that I started with a few people dedicated to "Steve Hick/Hex Mississippi John doe"
A member posted this this morning, she asked me to black out names so no one would get into trouble. Im sharing this with you here and maybe someone knows what steps can now be taken.

Wow, how awful. Does that mean all of his remains are lost? How does that happen???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back