Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some replies to questions…

1.) @Scootie90 - I think the flannel shirt was long sleeve. Wearing a long sleeve shirt in May is very normal in the Colorado high country. The days are getting warmer, but the evening/nights remain chilly. We sometimes get snow in June where I live at 7,800 feet. Salida is at 8537 ft.

2.) @justtrish - Calls to CC. Yes, that is a good question… I think we will hear more about Cassidy, to be honest. Just a hunch… ;)
thank you...I am reminded of that video with Tyler...looked like Barry was sweating and hot...but IIRC...that was a long sleeved shirt with the cuffs rolled up. Just seems to be questionable.

I think that is what Agent Grusing did, and almost led to a confession (immunity request by BM.). And also by BM said he trusted Grusing and couldn’t believe he arrested him. And.. IMO where the sex and steak dinner talk came from. I picture Grusing asking about the “great evening” and BM bragging about it, guy-to-guy. I don’t think it happened at all. More lies and egomania.

I just listened to the Craig Silverman Show (Defense Attorney podcast) dated 8/28/21 with guests Carol McKinley - ABC/20-20 & Attorney Scott Reisch about BM's preliminary. Carol commented that there was a lot of talk about sex during the preliminary including that BM alleged that SM/BM had sex 3 x daily! IMO, just more BM deceit. :rolleyes:

Morgan G, Being "Fired?"
How long did MG work for or w BM? Iirc early on she said "a long time" and more recently she said "four months."

In her first stmts headlined "I am not the other woman" (summer/fall 2020?), MG said she had been fired by BM because he did not want her to turn over her phone to LE iiuc. Did he use those words about the reason?
Yet afaik, she was not an actual employee who could be fired, in traditional sense of employer initiated termination.
So was his action firing her from employment or simply deciding not to hire her for any future "gigs?"

Not sure what to make of her statements.

Morgan G, Being "Fired?"
How long did MG work for or w BM? Iirc early on she said "a long time" and more recently she said "four months."

In her first stmts headlined "I am not the other woman" (summer/fall 2020?), MG said she had been fired by BM because he did not want her to turn over her phone to LE iiuc. Did he use those words about the reason?
Yet afaik, she was not an actual employee who could be fired, in traditional sense of employer initiated termination.
So was his action firing her from employment or simply deciding not to hire her for any future "gigs?"

This is really no diferent than someone hiring a contractor to redo their kitchen..and are not satisfied with the work he is doing and they "fire him". Even if MG was a subcontractor working for Barry...he is still the boss...and can fire MG. The term isn't restricted to bona fide employee/employer relationships.

Yes, but I suspect most of us have been fascinated with these types of cases for years (I was in the gallery at Jodi's trial.) We've learned that, with rare exceptions, the truth is pretty much what the prosecution lays out from day one. I doubt that this case is any different. I'm just saying that the defense has to do something, and they will be dealing with a jury that may not follow this kind of stuff, at all.

This is why I think it is super-important that the prosecution has the exact right expert(s) to explain their case to the jury.

Especially the car computer activity, and how it aligns with what happened to Suzanne.

I can see a jury getting really lost if all the data is thrown out there, without a logical and clearly explained scenario to back it up. Lord knows, it has been confusing enough for those who have followed this case for a long time.

The "no remains" of SM portion of this case really has me bugged. LE has him all over the place by cell phone records and security footage with him disposing of "something". I'm still thinking that anything disposed of at those sites was "instruments of crime" and other evidence (tranquilizer dart?), not the remains. There seems to be ample evidence of his vehicle being at the bike disposal scene and where the helmet was found as well. I'm going to stick with my theory the all or the major part of SM being in the back 400 behind PP. Without doubt he had the equipment and the knowledge to do a good job of it. It would still be possible to run a LiDar equipped drone over the entire area looking for body sized depressions and then checking them with Ground Penetrating Radar.

Edited to add: The cap in the dryer makes sense if you consider that he most likely put the cap in his pocket before using it and forgot to remove it before laundering his clothing with the dart itself being disposed of during one of his "trips" to dumpsters.
Didn’t AWP have to leave due to threatening behavior by BM? (if I am recalling correctly). I wonder what the chances of them flying this drone if they have the equipment would be, now that the threat is incarcerated. Just MOO

Hi @steeltowngirl. So, the FB password change... I can't remember this at all, but wrote it down with a time of 11:14 AM. I am wondering if this was the reset on the evening of May 8th, but I just can't be certain because of brain fog.

Regarding the truck not moving. I looked back in my notes. I am pretty sure it was on May 9th as I have in another spot that BM was back at Puma Path on 2:44 PM.

I wrote:
Telematics -> 5/9 -> 2:44 pm and 4:44 pm, driver door closed, slight drift in longtitude (in one area of my notes)

and

5/9 -> 2:44 pm and 4:44 pm, no evidence that truck moved (in another area of my notes).

But I also have to say that things got very confusing with all the dates/times. I wonder if I wrote down pm instead of am...
Hi @NoSI & thank you for taking the time to write up your PH notes for us! Can you possibly consult your notes and check on the time Barry’s phone was pinging down by the river at PP on May 9th? It is very confusing with all these dates & times. I am trying to make my own little timeline of May 9th and it’s not clear to me if it the “turkey trot” he did was in the afternoon of 5/9 or late that night 5/9-5/10? Barry said he was looking for that turkey (look in the mirror BM ) so it must have been daylight but I saw somewhere (can’t remember now) where the time said 12 something AM but I’m wondering if it was a typo. Why was Barry looking for a turkey that was lying dead in the woods for days since M had been out of town? Why did he say M shot it? Wonder if she backed him up on this? Barry couldn’t eat it and it didn’t have antlers so what was his interest in a rotting turkey carcass? That seems like a really dumb made up on the spot explanation. If the correct time was around Noon on 5/9 did he go down by the river when he was home for lunch?

Barry was home by 11:30 am and had lunch with Suzanne. Do we know what time he left PP again? Barry must have left by at least 1:30 pm if he is on camera arriving at DSI at 1:51 pm. Then he is seen leaving DSI at 2:07 pm. (Weird coincidence that’s the same time Suzanne texted JL she was alone again?) That was a fast turnaround at DSI. Could he change a blade or fix whatever “mechanical thing” he did that fast? Did he talk to anyone or meet someone at DSI? I still need to find the exact time his truck left PP after linch for my timeline. If Barry left the house earlier say 12:30-1:00 pm then he also had time to go somewhere else before he went to DSI. Was this when Barry was supposedly seen shopping in town and ran into JP?

Barry returned home at 2:44 pm so he likely went straight home after leaving DSI at 2:07 pm. I need to review the exact time Suzanne texted him again about meeting up to hike and what time he said no he was coming home. Maybe he meant he was coming home as in instead of meeting somewhere he would come home first and then they would ride together to the hiking trail? If she was planning to go with Barry on a hike then most likely she would have changed out of her bikini (into white shorts & top?) but I doubt she would still be sitting outside in a bikini if he was on the way to pick her up to go hike. Suzanne may have thought they were hiking. Otherwise I really don’t think he would have told her he was coming home so he could sneak up on her. I think he put his phone in airplane mode to prevent her from tracking him and knowing exactly when he was pulling up the driveway so he could still catch her off guard.

I’ve been pondering their 5/9 texts to each other this afternoon because a few things don’t make sense. If Barry texted Suzanne in the morning asking her if she wanted to go on a hike and she responded “where” then why didn’t he respond? So when he came home for lunch at 11:30 a.m. wouldn’t they have talked about it then? Wouldn’t Suzanne have said hey you never answered me about where you wanted to go hike, do you still want to go, etc? It seems logical that they would have made a definite plan at lunch if they were going to hike later that day. Why Suzanne would want to go on a hike alone with him anyway if she told him on May 6th she was done is another mystery. But evidently she was open to it because Suzanne texts him later in the afternoon asking him again if he wanted to meet up and hike? Their texts that day all kind of seems odd to me.

According to MG Barry was acting weird at the job site Saturday morning and after asking her to make sure and rake the beach flat he suddenly sends her home early around 11 am saying he had to go “make the wife happy” by hiking or biking. Then at 11:30 am Barry has returned home, has lunch with Suzanne and not only do they do not go hike or bike but then he leaves again and at 1:51 pm he is entering DSI with his Bobcat in tow. If he wasn’t taking “Bob” to Broomfield then why did he have to make that DSI stop on May 9th? He was supposedly already planning to leave very early the next morning to go to Broomfield so why not take the Bobcat in next week and spend that time he went to DSI with Suzanne instead since she would he would be gone on Mother’s Day. Why was fixing the Bobcat that day such a priority?

I still have a feeling that Barry was spying on her communication with JL that day. I think he was enraged by Suzanne’s texts and the photo she sent JL in her bikini. When he pulled back into his driveway at 2:44 pm and put his phone on airplane mode I believe he already had murder on his mind and Suzanne likely had only minutes to live. I’m wondering if Barry had already decided to murder Suzanne that day when he came home for lunch? And something caused him to wait or need for time. Was what he did down by the river and at DSI was related to preparations? Did he go down by the river to look for a burial site? To load and hide the dart gun? Did he do something with the Bobcat after he left the house that broke the blade? Did he have time to go somewhere and dig a grave? If he did that in broad daylight that would be risky unless it was at a job site and it looked like he was just working. Or could the visit to DSI not have been for a repair but instead he put on a heavy duty blade or other attachment for use later?

Where did Suzanne think Barry was going after lunch? Did he tell her he sent MG home early? Did he tell her he had to get back to the job site to do some more work? Did he go back to the job site after MG was gone and do something with his Bobcat? I still can’t dismiss the loud noise heard by the neighbor late at night. If it was very late Saturday night or into the very early hours of Sunday morning then how could Barry’s truck remain parked at home during that time? Unless like we discussed before, he used or borrowed a different vehicle that he used to dispose of Suzanne’s body. Maybe he dug a deep hole earlier that day at the job site and then he waited to take her body there later in the dark of night. The noise was him filling it back in and moving the big rocks back over it? I wonder if any other work was going on at the river job site on Saturday afternoon? If his gps shows him going back to the job site after lunch and he told LE he went back there to do work he could have dug a grave if he was the only one there. I really need to review all the gps data again from the PH notes. I don’t recall seeing anything about him going back to work at the river site but maybe they didn’t give out everything they have at the PH. There was that time around 5:30 when he tried to reset his truck data. Is the Spa & Stove store near the river job site? Did he have his Bobcat there at the job site already when he sent MG home? I don’t think there was enough time to accomplish digging a grave between the time he sent MG home and the time he got home for lunch but maybe or maybe could he have had other opportunities to do it? But it is strange that he sent MG home early and she said he was acting weird. I just can’t help but revisit the theory that Suzanne may have been buried down by the river at the job site has under those big rocks where the dog hit. Maybe her remains were moved later? Or could she still be there? Iirc CBI did come to that job site after the cadaver dog hit there during Andy’s search but it was later determined it was not a true hit. They just stuck that metal rod in there which is some kind of soil testing and decomposition detection device they use to find graves but they didn’t move any of those big rocks by the river or excavate like they did at the Longhorn Ranch site.

In one of @OldCop ‘s recent posts on an earlier thread responding to @10ofRods great post explaining how she would present the evidence to the jury in a chronological way that tells a story and makes sense. OldCop said something about how this is important because some people have a “disorganized mind” which makes it hard to put things together in a cohesive manner. That stuck with me because sometimes I feel like my mind is totally disorganized with all of these important facts and clues from this case floating around my brain bouncing off of each other like bumper cars! I spend way too much time thinking about these puzzle pieces that seem like they should fit together somehow but it seeing the full picture remains just out of reach. Perhaps because we are still missing crucial prices of the puzzle but it’s like I can see where they might go and it drives me nuts. I’m trying to make my own timeline from what we learned in the PH and make a list of all the things that we don’t yet understand but seem like important clues and see if that helps. I might just have ADHD brain because I can focus so well on the details of one thing, problem or task at a time but get overwhelmed when there are so many different yet related or overlapping things going on at the same time. This is the first case I have followed from the beginning, my first PH and it will be my first trial so I’m hoping this are normal feelings. It seems like if in a fantasy world if we were able to see a written true account right now of exactly how & when Suzanne was murdered and how & where Barry disposed of her body, we would read it and say oh my gosh everything makes total sense now! Well one things for sure…I picked a really good case to cut my teeth on! If Suzanne doesn’t get the justice she deserves I am going to need therapy after investing so much of my time & heart into this! But I’m thinking positive and feeling confident that on September 17th Judge Murphy is going to say there is enough evidence to hold Barry over for trial. Then Barry will be found guilty and finally punished for the rest of his life for what he did to her. There has to be and there WILL be justice for Suzanne!!

The "Gone Girl" defense doesn't jive with the planted bike and helmet. If she were to leave on her own...she had a car sitting in the garage with keys, and a husband dutifully working on an urgent jobsite in Broomfield....but she chose to check out on a bicycle in Colorado? Well, alrighty, then.
Right? And if, as in Gone Girl, Suzanne was going to run away and intended to frame her abusive husband for her murder then why wouldn’t she leave some blood evidence and signs of a struggle to be found in the house? It’s so obvious that there is no way Suzanne took off without her RR, leaving her purse with ID, etc., blew off an important f/u doctor appointment and her bf daughter’s wedding, cut off all communication with JL and most of all abandoned her daughters and the rest of her family including her elderly, ailing father. Surely a jury will see that it makes no sense that Suzanne took off even if the defense says there is no “proof” Suzanne is dead. That combined with all the evidence the prosecution does have will tell the much more likely and realistic story of what happened to Suzanne. IMO the defense would have better luck pushing the abduction scenario than the Gone Girl scenario. My fear is it only takes one susceptible juror to buy into it and feel sorry for Barry, see their daughters supporting him and be convinced by his highly skilled and crafty attorneys that Suzanne could have been abducted. And then stubbornly hold fast to a not guilty vote causing a mistrial. Hopefully that will not happen but if it does I hope D.A. Stanley would retry Barry. They might have to hunt him down in Mexico but she doesn’t seem like the type to give up that easily. MOO

N
Morgan G, Being "Fired?"

B and italicised BM

She did indeed say she’d known him a long time. I took this to mean they were acquainted prior to his moving to CO. Who knows, maybe she lived and worked in IN at some point.

I’d say she knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak. I hope she is being well protected. Perhaps the sealing of the AA is protecting her. I hope so.

MG, being Fired.
This is really no diferent than someone hiring a contractor to redo their kitchen..and are not satisfied with the work he is doing and they "fire him". Even if MG was a subcontractor working for Barry...he is still the boss...and can fire MG. The term isn't restricted to bona fide employee/employer relationships.
@Scootie98
Thanks for taking time to respond and explain, as I don't think of "firing" that broadly.
But I guess many ppl do, and in that context MG's stmt makes sense.
Thx again.

I just listened to the Craig Silverman Show (Defense Attorney podcast) dated 8/28/21 with guests Carol McKinley - ABC/20-20 & Attorney Scott Reisch about BM's preliminary. Carol commented that there was a lot of talk about sex during the preliminary including that BM alleged that SM/BM had sex 3 x daily! IMO, just more BM deceit. :rolleyes:
RBBM
LOL!! Maybe in his steroid induced dreams! :p:rolleyes:

Barry was home by 11:30 am and had lunch with Suzanne. Do we know what time he left PP again? Barry must have left by at least 1:30 pm if he is on camera arriving at DSI at 1:51 pm. Then he is seen leaving DSI at 2:07 pm. (Weird coincidence that’s the same time Suzanne texted JL she was alone again?) That was a fast turnaround at DSI. Could he change a blade or fix whatever “mechanical thing” he did that fast? Did he talk to anyone or meet someone at DSI? I still need to find the exact time his truck left PP after linch for my timeline. If Barry left the house earlier say 12:30-1:00 pm then he also had time to go somewhere else before he went to DSI. Was this when Barry was supposedly seen shopping in town and ran into JP?
^^rsbm

I don't believe BM left DSi at 2:07 pm. The blade on the bobcat was being replaced at 2 pm and took about 30 minutes. I believe tweets from multiple reporters allege BM's doors opened at DSi shortly before 2 pm and DSi also had surveillance accounting for BM's time at the shop. It's not logical that BM could unload the bobcat and change the blade, etc. as you describe. Timeline by @OldCop and @oviedo a good source to confirm. MOO

This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been
provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.
Day 3 - Part 1 of afternoon

IE starts cross examining Undersheriff Andy Rohrich

Sleeping bag that was found near SMs bike” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that the weathered sleeping bag found near SMs bike was never swapped as it was deemed unrelated.

SMs bike” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that no DNA on bike grips. However, there was DNA present on the bike. Deputy/Deputies DNA on bike handle bars. Reminder that the bike was leaning up against a LE vehicle and that BM/GD had to be told to not touch the bike with their hands.

BMs injuries” – PEOPLES EXHIBIT 87 shows “2 nicks" on Mr. Morphew’s left arm. Defense denies that there are “3 parallel markings” based on photos. They then talked about how long the “nicks/markings” may be and I wrote down "1-2 cm long".

F-350” – Described as dirty front passenger seat, layer of dirt on hand rest and console, entire car covered in layer of dirt.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT QQ: Picture of inside of truck showing how dirty the F350 was. Picture not shown in court room.

SMs Range Rover” – ID was in purse in vehicle, Defense reminds that SM was “unhappy in her marriage” and that she “wanted to leave the marriage”.

Unspent shell” – “Many” unspent shells in garage and safe. Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that no blood was found in the Master Bedroom.

SMs phone” – Never located. Charger to SMs phone that was known to be at the bedside also missing and never located. A charger similar to SMs charger was found in another drawer in the bedroom. I wrote “not connected”.

Puma Path” – House “very clean and orderly”. SM “tidy and organized” in comparison to Mr. Morphew. Bed was made in Master Bedroom. Life shell on floor next to SMs side of the bed.

Kitchen in Puma Path” – White coffee cup with coffee in it on kitchen counter on kitchen island. SM reportedly “avid coffee drinker”. BM reportedly does not drink coffee.

To Do List in fridge in kitchen” – Included "feeding and watering cat Lulu in Macy’s bedroom" and "Mal’s sheets".

May 10, 2020 – 5:00 AM BM left PP. Was seen on surveillance of Poncha Springs Gas Station at 5:14 AM. Garfield is 6.2 miles roundtrip as Garfield turnaround is 3.1 miles one way. F350 not seen on Monarch Pass surveillance camera.

Tranquilizer dart gun” – Need specific dart capable gun to shoot darts. Vaseline on tips of darts and have to be kept upright. Dart rifle was reportedly used on deer farm in Indiana to shoot deer.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT PP: Picture of dart rifle in gun safe. Picture not shown in court room.

Body cam video” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that he has not watched all of the body cam videos.

IE finished at 2:05 PM.

Prosecution back at it at 2:07 PM.

BMs demeanor post SM going missing” – Described as “crocodile tears, fake”.

May 9, 2020 – SMs White Range Rover, not same car as Range Rover on surveillance, white roof vs black roof and different vent.

Antlers” – Deer have no antlers in Spring.

Last photo of SM alive” – She was laying on brown towel wearing a bikini. The brown towel was never located.

BMs injuries” – BM explained that he sustained them from a tree when searching for his wife.

Gone girl theory“ (they did not call it that, I just used it) - Prosecution reminded that SM left without cash, her license, her insurance card, and clothes.

Monarch pass” – Undersheriff Rohrich confirms that there are roads that go off US50 that can be used to go around the Monarch surveillance camera.

Undersheriff Rohrich confirms that “no blood would be expected if a syringe was used”.

Prosecution finished at 2:12 PM.

Prosecution calls CBI agent Kevin Kovack. Field Agent with Pueblo Major Crimes. With CBI for 7 years.

Morgan Gentile“ – MG started working for BM in January 2020. He would pay her via check or cash. They liked to talk to each other about “politics” and “family”. MG was supposed to work on the wall on May 11, 2020 and also worked on the 105 job site building a “beach” on May 9, 2020. On May 10, 2020, BM was supposed to pick up MG for the Broomfield job at around 5 PM. At 11:18 AM, MG found out that BM was already in Denver and that another worker was needed for the job because of the size of the job. At 6:09 PM, MG was made aware that BM was returning to Salida for family emergency. On May 11, 2020, BM called MG at 7:30 AM informing that a “mountain lion” may have been involved in SMs disappearance. They then talked about the job in Broomfield.

Broomfield job” – CC, MG, BM, and JP were to be involved in wall job.

Holiday Inn” – BM was staying in room 225. This room was given to JP after BM left. There was an "overwhelming odor of chlorine" with wet towels on the floor in the bathroom. The bed was reportedly made.

May 11, 2020 – The workers went to the job site, but did not have the appropriate tools. They also did not have gravel or bricks. BM had told them that the bricks would be there on Monday and that the tools were already there.

Prosecution finished.

IE starts cross exam of Agent Kovack at 2:22 PM.

BM and MG met at DSI.

As per interview of MG on May 14, 2020 that lasted 90 minutes, MG had never observed a bad temper, freak-outs, or anger in BM. MG said BM loved SM. Broomfield job was reportedly in the works “for months” and was supposed to start on May 11, 2020. The plan was for them to leave together the evening of May 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM. MG informed that she heard BMs truck at 4 AM outside her residence. She indicated “this is not out of the norm, just BM”. MG was questioned about affair.

I think this was on May 10, 2020 (but didn’t write down date) – 11:18 am BM called MG. I also wrote down “Jeff Puckett” and “Cassidy Cordova” here. The so-called retaining wall in Broomfield is 3 cinder blocks high.

Interview dated May 15, 2020 – Cahill interviewed MG. MG getting frustrated about her social media exposure. She was upset because she was charged with theft and questioned the coincidence of the charges. Stated “It’s strange how I was just charged”. No evidence of affair between BM and MG was found.

BM reportedly “crying” and “upset” on way from Broomfield to Salida. “My wife is missing. We found the bike. It has to be a mountain lion or cougar”. Couple days later informed MG “Still searching. Having hard time”.

Broomfield job” – Hand tools were left in the lobby of the Holiday Inn.

Jeff Puckett” – He confirmed that the room he took over from BM smelled like chlorine. MG reportedly also smelled it. ROOM 225 WAS NOT SWAPPED FOR DNA AND BLOOD BY LE.

September 1, 2020 – CBI went back to the Holiday Inn. Photographs were taken. The manager of the hotel, Ms. Alameda, informed that the Daily Mail (??) wanted to do their own investigation. This may have triggered the CBI returning to the hotel.

September 3, 2020 – Ms. Alameda informed that room 225 is above the pool area and still has a strong chlorine smell.

IE finished.

Prosecution resumes at 2:46 PM.

Materials for wall” – No gravel delivered. No tamping tool.

DA finished at 2:48 PM.

The Turkey Trot?
.... “turkey trot” .... Why was Barry looking for a turkey that was lying dead in the woods for days.... a rotting turkey carcass? That seems like a really dumb made up on the spot explanation.....
@Lilypad13 sbm bbm Is BM's claim 100% horse feathers? :):):) IDK but briefly: Some ppl gather turkey feathers to sell as is or as imitation eagle feathers.

Recall pix of BM's truck & trailer w staggering collection of wildlife antlers & horns, amassed presumably to sell? BM may also collect turkey feathers for sale to others. just my2ct.

Federal laws* generally prohibit possession, use, & sale of eagle feathers and parts. The limited exceptions for enrolled members of some Native American tribes means there is a market for imitation eagle feathers.**
Ppl gather turkey feathers & embellish them by trimming, dying, staining, them to resemble eagle feathers. Native American artists & crafters incorporate feathers in capes, mantles, robes, blankets, headdresses. Some for ceremonial or religious use by tribe members only; others for wider decorative use.
* https://www.fws.gov/eaglerepository/factsheets/PossessionOfEagleFeathersFactSheet.pdf
** Turkey Feather Preparation- Imitation Eagle Feather Preparation for Warbonnets & Feather Bustles
NativeTech: NATIVE AMERICAN FEATHERWORK ~ Single Wrapped Feathers

....She did indeed say she’d known him a long time. I took this to mean they were acquainted prior to his moving to CO. Who knows, maybe she lived and worked in IN at some point.
I’d say she knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak. I hope she is being well protected. Perhaps the sealing of the AA is protecting her. I hope so.

<modsnip>

[COLOR=#000000]MG's stmt waaay back when, "I'm not the other woman," made me think about "other woman" or even other women. Plural.
Still if there is one or more, no need for the state to raise issue at PH, afaik. Maybe not at trial either. IDK[/COLOR].

Last edited:
This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been
provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.
Day 3 - Part 1 of afternoon

IE starts cross examining Undersheriff Andy Rohrich

Sleeping bag that was found near SMs bike” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that the weathered sleeping bag found near SMs bike was never swapped as it was deemed unrelated.

SMs bike” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that no DNA on bike grips. However, there was DNA present on the bike. Deputy/Deputies DNA on bike handle bars. Reminder that the bike was leaning up against a LE vehicle and that BM/GD had to be told to not touch the bike with their hands.

BMs injuries” – PEOPLES EXHIBIT 87 shows “2 nicks" on Mr. Morphew’s left arm. Defense denies that there are “3 parallel markings” based on photos. They then talked about how long the “nicks/markings” may be and I wrote down "1-2 cm long".

F-350” – Described as dirty front passenger seat, layer of dirt on hand rest and console, entire car covered in layer of dirt.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT QQ: Picture of inside of truck showing how dirty the F350 was. Picture not shown in court room.

SMs Range Rover” – ID was in purse in vehicle, Defense reminds that SM was “unhappy in her marriage” and that she “wanted to leave the marriage”.

Unspent shell” – “Many” unspent shells in garage and safe. Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that no blood was found in the Master Bedroom.

SMs phone” – Never located. Charger to SMs phone that was known to be at the bedside also missing and never located. A charger similar to SMs charger was found in another drawer in the bedroom. I wrote “not connected”.

Puma Path” – House “very clean and orderly”. SM “tidy and organized” in comparison to Mr. Morphew. Bed was made in Master Bedroom. Life shell on floor next to SMs side of the bed.

Kitchen in Puma Path” – White coffee cup with coffee in it on kitchen counter on kitchen island. SM reportedly “avid coffee drinker”. BM reportedly does not drink coffee.

To Do List in fridge in kitchen” – Included "feeding and watering cat Lulu in Macy’s bedroom" and "Mal’s sheets".

May 10, 2020 – 5:00 AM BM left PP. Was seen on surveillance of Poncha Springs Gas Station at 5:14 AM. Garfield is 6.2 miles roundtrip as Garfield turnaround is 3.1 miles one way. F350 not seen on Monarch Pass surveillance camera.

Tranquilizer dart gun” – Need specific dart capable gun to shoot darts. Vaseline on tips of darts and have to be kept upright. Dart rifle was reportedly used on deer farm in Indiana to shoot deer.

DEFENSE EXHIBIT PP: Picture of dart rifle in gun safe. Picture not shown in court room.

Body cam video” - Undersheriff Rohrich had to confirm that he has not watched all of the body cam videos.

IE finished at 2:05 PM.

Prosecution back at it at 2:07 PM.

BMs demeanor post SM going missing” – Described as “crocodile tears, fake”.

May 9, 2020 – SMs White Range Rover, not same car as Range Rover on surveillance, white roof vs black roof and different vent.

Antlers” – Deer have no antlers in Spring.

Last photo of SM alive” – She was laying on brown towel wearing a bikini. The brown towel was never located.

BMs injuries” – BM explained that he sustained them from a tree when searching for his wife.

Gone girl theory“ (they did not call it that, I just used it) - Prosecution reminded that SM left without cash, her license, her insurance card, and clothes.

Monarch pass” – Undersheriff Rohrich confirms that there are roads that go off US50 that can be used to go around the Monarch surveillance camera.

Undersheriff Rohrich confirms that “no blood would be expected if a syringe was used”.

Prosecution finished at 2:12 PM.

Prosecution calls CBI agent Kevin Kovack. Field Agent with Pueblo Major Crimes. With CBI for 7 years.

Morgan Gentile“ – MG started working for BM in January 2020. He would pay her via check or cash. They liked to talk to each other about “politics” and “family”. MG was supposed to work on the wall on May 11, 2020 and also worked on the 105 job site building a “beach” on May 9, 2020. On May 10, 2020, BM was supposed to pick up MG for the Broomfield job at around 5 PM. At 11:18 AM, MG found out that BM was already in Denver and that another worker was needed for the job because of the size of the job. At 6:09 PM, MG was made aware that BM was returning to Salida for family emergency. On May 11, 2020, BM called MG at 7:30 AM informing that a “mountain lion” may have been involved in SMs disappearance. They then talked about the job in Broomfield.

Broomfield job” – CC, MG, BM, and JP were to be involved in wall job.

Holiday Inn” – BM was staying in room 225. This room was given to JP after BM left. There was an "overwhelming odor of chlorine" with wet towels on the floor in the bathroom. The bed was reportedly made.

May 11, 2020 – The workers went to the job site, but did not have the appropriate tools. They also did not have gravel or bricks. BM had told them that the bricks would be there on Monday and that the tools were already there.

Prosecution finished.

IE starts cross exam of Agent Kovack at 2:22 PM.

BM and MG met at DSI.

As per interview of MG on May 14, 2020 that lasted 90 minutes, MG had never observed a bad temper, freak-outs, or anger in BM. MG said BM loved SM. Broomfield job was reportedly in the works “for months” and was supposed to start on May 11, 2020. The plan was for them to leave together the evening of May 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM. MG informed that she heard BMs truck at 4 AM outside her residence. She indicated “this is not out of the norm, just BM”. MG was questioned about affair.

I think this was on May 10, 2020 (but didn’t write down date) – 11:18 am BM called MG. I also wrote down “Jeff Puckett” and “Cassidy Cordova” here. The so-called retaining wall in Broomfield is 3 cinder blocks high.

Interview dated May 15, 2020 – Cahill interviewed MG. MG getting frustrated about her social media exposure. She was upset because she was charged with theft and questioned the coincidence of the charges. Stated “It’s strange how I was just charged”. No evidence of affair between BM and MG was found.

BM reportedly “crying” and “upset” on way from Broomfield to Salida. “My wife is missing. We found the bike. It has to be a mountain lion or cougar”. Couple days later informed MG “Still searching. Having hard time”.

Broomfield job” – Hand tools were left in the lobby of the Holiday Inn.

Jeff Puckett” – He confirmed that the room he took over from BM smelled like chlorine. MG reportedly also smelled it. ROOM 225 WAS NOT SWAPPED FOR DNA AND BLOOD BY LE.

September 1, 2020 – CBI went back to the Holiday Inn. Photographs were taken. The manager of the hotel, Ms. Alameda, informed that the Daily Mail (??) wanted to do their own investigation. This may have triggered the CBI returning to the hotel.

September 3, 2020 – Ms. Alameda informed that room 225 is above the pool area and still has a strong chlorine smell.

IE finished.

Prosecution resumes at 2:46 PM.

Materials for wall” – No gravel delivered. No tamping tool.

DA finished at 2:48 PM.

This is the first I recall hearing about MG being charged with theft! What was that all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie