UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic analysis. If alley man was checking lights on in Claudia's house and had something to do with her disappearance, then she must have been alive in the morning OR he had nothing to do with any of it and was checking night and morning to contact Claudia and was checking lights at back of house, not understanding why she wasn't in
The lights could have been left on whilst a "clean up" was in progress in the morning.
Equally the lights could be a signal.

It is a great analysis and I have seen this posting before which convinced me that Alley-man was not avoiding the person in the white jacket but not wanting to catch up with and be seen with them.

This case makes me think of the saying "if you play with fire you get burned". Sadly Claudia paid the ultimate price. I really hope something comes of these searches.

I've always thought the simplest explanation of Alleyman's behaviour is a scouting job. By checking whether lights on, he can establish whether she is there and awake. And then act accordingly, or provide the info to others to take action.

Good analysis. I have thought alleyman could have been checking round the back of Claudia's house for lights... or to have a nose at who else was in the house because the curtains at the front were drawn. (A lot of reports say her front curtains were always drawn).

However. If she wasn't letting this person in at 7.30pm, and didn't appear to be there, why would they be back checking again at 5am before Claudia would be leaving for work? That's early, and a bit.... desperate? Makes me think alleyman was actually having a nose to confirm if someone else was at the house. Checking again at 5am could confirm whether that person stayed over?

It looks less like they have a bag at 5am too? Highly likely alleyman lived or was staying very close by imo (NH?).

Also, wasn't Claudia thought to be at home at the time alleyman pays a visit in the evening, when talking to her parents on the phone? Unless she popped out before the calls and came back to chat to them. Or wasn't at hers at the time of the calls. Is it really likely she would have called both her parents for a general natter if she was out at someone's house?

Did you come into contact with unskilled labourers on the site at all? particularly those that did the menial work on site.
If yes can you remember if if any of them arrived at the site in a group, and did any arrive in a pick SUV or a a white mercedes transit Van.

Seperately can I ask where you parked when working on site?
Site labourers usually came in groups and I think they were dropped off and collected via mini bus from outside the centre because of parking issues, Mainly polish people. Our company supplied steel and our vans had welder generators onboard so we had access to park on site as we needed to be within 20 metres of the required task (length of the welding cables). I think at that time the majority of work vans were Ford transit. The only trades that used Mercedes were window fitters as they were long wheel base.

Interesting how SC says that CL had insecurities. I would suggest that SC had far more insecurities. IMO

Claudia was a very clever woman and very socially adept which enabled her to asscoiate with many types of people. Something IMO SC was unable to do, by her own admission she wasnt very good at making friends.
IMO she was offended very easily this was probably the main cause of not being able to make friends. Her friendship with Claudia must have opened up a social life that quite exciting for her. Since Claudia disappeared her life in her own words is one of a recluse and rarely leaves the house except to go to work.

Missing Claudia Lawrence's friend 'crippled by guilt' over disappearance

JMO

A genuine friend would not talk about her having affairs in this way even if she disapproved. It is very passively reminding people that CL can't be trusted and didn't think about other people and is therefore not really as nice as you think she is.

I was just looking on Google maps for the spoil heaps from the construction and found this crucifix cut into/out off the foliage on york university's grounds. Does anyone from York know what this is?
Use satellite View to have a look, seems strange.

I was just looking on Google maps for the spoil heaps from the construction and found this crucifix cut into/out off the foliage on york university's grounds. Does anyone from York know what this is?
If it was relevant would someone mark the burial location???

Site labourers usually came in groups and I think they were dropped off and collected via mini bus from outside the centre because of parking issues, Mainly polish people. Our company supplied steel and our vans had welder generators onboard so we had access to park on site as we needed to be within 20 metres of the required task (length of the welding cables). I think at that time the majority of work vans were Ford transit. The only trades that used Mercedes were window fitters as they were long wheel base.

Thank you for that.
re window fitters do you recall what company had that contract?

this is a biy of a long shot I know .. but can you recall if the the window fitting/manufacturer company was from Hartlepool?

Is it part of the Solar walk
Walk the Solar System | Astrocampus

Attachments

• Yorks sloar walk.jpg
    Yorks sloar walk.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 43
how do you interp aret jks interview, where she says that no one will ever come forward.

I dont think she was necessarily responsible for what happened, but. I think she knows who is.
I think it was an act of defiance targeted at the police...which makes me think they may find stuff. in the wood, but not be able to identify the perp from it...which would be no surprise.

however, according to the. BBC website, they've had new information and leads since that interview.

the pressure must be growing

of course, it may be that the perp is dead....cant see any of that. lot going in for social distancing...but, of course, others could face lengthy sentences for helping and lying
how do you interp aret jks interview, where she says that no one will ever come forward.

I dont think she was necessarily responsible for what happened, but. I think she knows who is.
I think it was an act of defiance targeted at the police...which makes me think they may find stuff. in the wood, but not be able to identify the perp from it...which would be no surprise.

however, according to the. BBC website, they've had new information and leads since that interview.

of course, it may be that the perp is dead....cant see any of that. lot going in for social distancing...but, of course, others could face lengthy sentences for helping and lying

sorry..interpret...brain playing up

sorry..interpret...brain playing up
Oh yes, I feel police are poking and she is poking back. With a little warning imo x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam