AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Official Wells Family information website "Find Summer Wells"

Media, Maps and Timeline - No Discussion Thread

Poll: What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

Map Courtesy of @skibaboo : Summer Wells, Rogersville TN June 15th 2021 - Google My Maps

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5
Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25
Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for a missing 5-year-old from Hawkins County.

Summer Wells is 5 years old and not 4 as was previously reported.

Emergency crews are searching for Summer Wells around Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community.

Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

She is 4-feet tall, has blonde hair, and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Next member to sleuth this family's social media will receive a 1 week Time Out from Websleuths.

It's clear in The Rules. We aren't going to say it again. Zero tolerance.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random. Apologies for the length and the personal anecdote.

Websleuths is first and foremost a true crime discussion forum. Only second to that is that WS is victim friendly. That has NEVER changed, yet there are those who still insinuate or flat-out accuse parents or loved ones of being responsible for a crime.

With regard to the Option 1 and Option 2 hypotheticals that were presented by birdfeeder upthread, I don't believe that post was designed to cast aspersions at the family, but rather to point out that, in their opinion, abduction was more likely than family involvement. It was not intended to be a gateway for others to make up scenarios or start down that non victim friendly path of how family members could be responsible.

We have seen cases where parents remained totally silent about their daughter's disappearance because LE was busy building the case against someone else. We've had cases where a mother couldn't stay silent, and never seemed to say the ‘right thing’; members and even LE were convinced that mom was guilty yet two absolute strangers were ultimately charged with the murder of that woman's precious daughter. We've had surprises we would never have foreseen .. children who have been found after all hope had faded. Each case is unique in its detail and until LE names a POI or suspect, we do not understand why members join Websleuths only to then become averse to posting in accordance with our very basic Victim Friendly policy that covers family members, friends and loved ones.

I can say through personal experience that the pain over the loss of children (different circumstances), while it never goes away, does change somewhat over time. It changes who you are as a person, but what will never change, and what I can still hear today as clearly as if it was yesterday, are the words of those who tried to make me somehow feel responsible for the death of my children. Your words have power. Please choose them carefully.

Our rule has always been that we are victim friendly. As Tricia has said in the past, "The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem."

Please don't respond, but try to keep these thoughts in mind going forward.

Combined Historical Mod Notes:

I get the frustration and the desire for answers. I also understand how emotions are high in Summers case. However, baiting and/or bickering with fellow posters is uncalled for. It gets us no closer to what brought us here and does not advance the conversation.

Please refrain from responding to posts simply to bicker, argue, or bait. If you disagree with a post: scroll and roll, take a break, or at minimum pause and re-read your response before you hit “post reply”. When you feel most compelled to immediately respond, that is a sign you should pause before taking action.

24hr time outs will be issued without added warning for baiting and bickering
———————————————

Mod Note:

Nothing has been released by LE stating the parents are POI’s or Suspects at this point. The victim friendly rule remains in full effect. Discussions/observations on what has been stated in interviews is fine. However, please do not point to, or post judgmental comments regarding how a parent looks or appears on video and do not cast veiled accusations of their involvement. Lastly, please refrain from stating you are “sitting on your hands”. That is a veiled accusation/judgement and there is no need to post it.
————————————————-

Mod Note:

We all know this situation is not pretty. There is a lot of noise around Summer’s disappearance. When discussing the approved interviews, keep it to what is stated in the interviews. We will not tolerate trash talking of parties interviewed or on the periphery of this case. Leniency has been given to align with open discussion of the interview(s) content, but the trash talking is where the line is being drawn.

There will be no further warnings on this topic. Time Outs will be automatic.

Keep it classy and remember your words have power.

Thanks Everyone,
Tiff

Mod Note:

The Mod and Admin team acknowledges a lot of information has been communicated via approved sources such as our own Tricia’s WS Channel and Chris’s TIR over the last 48 hours. We would like to offer some guidance around how the information may be discussed within the TOS we commit to uphold at WS.

First and foremost Victim Friendly remains our North Star. Members may reasonably discuss what has been shared by these approved sources, but may not make random accusations, or directly suggest the parents involvement in Summers disappearance solely based on this information. The discussions around the sexual assaults should be anchored only in what has been shared in regards to historical behavior. Added speculation at this time regarding current behavior and connecting it to Summer would be in violation of victim friendly.

We realize this is a balancing act and we are doing our best to balance along with each of you, while behind the curtain. This post is to offer some clarity of where we are today, however that position may be adjusted along the way as new details unfold.

Best Regards,
The Mod and Admin Team

Approved YouTube Videos as of Aug 16, 2021
Attached are links to the YouTube episodes currently approved for discussion in Summer Wells case. An approved episode does not mean the channel is approved for blanket posting. When referencing YouTube content be sure it is from one of the links below. If it is not linked below, do not post it and do not bring discussion of it into the thread. When making a post regarding specific statements within these videos please take the following steps within the post:
  1. Include the url link to the YouTube episode
  2. Provide the TimeStamp for the statements being referenced

The responsibility to support statements made within the videos rests with the poster of the information being stated as fact.

Blanket approval - Websleuths live with Tricia
All Episodes released on case - Profiling Evil

Episode ONLY Approvals
Unmasked:
Milk jug video in car

Interview with H’s Mom
Interview with Church Friend DD
Don Wells - Rumors Explained / Phone Call

DutyRon:
Summer Wells false rumors and how it affects the case with special guests on Crime Time with DutyRon (Interview w/ Dr. Butcher)
Summer Wells Search by Midwestern EquuSearch special guest Dave Rader
Summer Wells Search live updates with David Rader from Midwest EquuSearch in Tennessee
Interview with DR Equusearch Sept 4, 2021

Voices Behind the Wall (Interviews with DW):
DW Interview #1
DW Interview #2
DW Interview #3 (Retraces Steps)
DW Interview #4 DW & Sister
DW Interview #5 DW Answers Accusation and Offers New Theory
DW Interview #6 August 22, 2021

DW Interview #7 August 22, 2021

John Kelly Profiler:
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 1
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 2 Who is Guilty
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 3 Who is the Boogeyman
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 4 Darkness and Evil

We Can Bring You Hope: Podcast Interview with DW

Trail and Property Views (Crackin’ Cases)
Trail View #1
Trail View #2

If it’s not on the list above do not post it without prior approval from a mod/admin.

MODNOTE: Summer's diet

Regarding speculation on Summer's eating habits:
  • There's NO evidence of malnutrition or neglect specifically involving food with regard to Summer. Posts on her nutritional intake; CW/DW/CH parenting styles in regards to meals; and appearance as it may/her not relate to what or how often she eats are NOT allowed.
  • Posts pertaining specifically to Summer's diet the day she disappeared are allowed when posters can connect speculation to how 1) this may impact the timeline, and 2) what she ate that day may have affected her behavior.
The conversation about food needs to operate under these rules and not devolve into a lifestyle critique in order to continue. If you have any questions, please contact a mod or admin. Thank you for upholding Websleuths' standards of discussion.

Examples:

"CW doesn't seem to emphasize nutrition. IMO, they should have planted some vegetables instead of succulents that afternoon." -- Not Allowed because there's no evidence of Summer's general nutrition and/or diet.

"I think that Summer had something to eat at H's house when she changed clothes there (per H). H was probably oblivious as a teen and CW didn't think to mention it. That may mean they spent more time there than either H and/or CW estimated." -- Allowed because it's specific to the day and may relate to timeline

Good Morning - Thread is Open

Please Read:

To ensure the main thread maintains focus on Summer, a separate thread has been created in the basement for discussion of the allegations surrounding DW.

A link to that thread is located here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/periphery-of-summer-wells-case.585172/

If your post is more about Summer and her search, the post belongs in the main thread.

If your post is more about DW and the situation unfolding concerning his past, the post belongs in the basement.

Last edited:
Thank you moderators for all your hard work.

Let's keep the focus on SUMMER. May this be the thread she is found safe, unharmed and alive. Godspeed!!!

And for everyone involved in these threads please remember to take care of your emotional wellbeing whilst everything and anything comes to surface here, take a step back if need be.

Summer - you deserved so much better, I hope and pray and think of you every day and hope you are being looked after safely, let's not let this go cold. Summer, so many are rooting for you, so much empathy and compassion shown by so many for a 5 year old beautiful little girl we didn't hear of 4 moths ago, you are in my thoughts, always... X

Thanks to those members who took the time to put a timeline together for the day that Summer disappeared.

There have been so many discrepancies since then that we really don’t know what to believe. Is anything on the timeline close to facts?

<modsnip - parents not named POI’s in disappearance by LE at this time>

I just wish we could hear something about little Summer that is the truth.

*Sigh*
Thread # 29 and we are still at square one.
Still.

I'm not certain she disappeared on the 15th unless I hear it from LE.

Did anyone outside of the group assembled for the outing see her ?
Was she in view on any security cameras in the places they stopped at ?
Still wondering if they ate out anywhere ?

The adults and H. and Summer would've been hungry at some point.
If it was a restaurant with indoor dining, did they all go in ?
Because she didn't seem the type to want to wait patiently outside in the car.
I get a feeling she was a lively, scrappy child and whatever everyone else did, she was in the thick of it !
If they did and Summer wasn't with them, that'd be odd ?

So if the group was seen on cam. anywhere, Summer would've been with them.
I wish LE would release this if they know it ?
Just to say : "We know she was at such and such a place and at ___ time.".
Question : IF LE knew this, wouldn't they release the info. ?
What -- if they know something -- would be the reason not to let people know that she was at that time, alive and well ?

LE haven't even said if she was missing for certain from the 15th !
Their silence makes me nervous that they know about as much as we do .
I know that this may be far from the truth and maybe they have everything they need except Summer's remains ? (sorry to type that)

Am getting frustrated.
Sorry for the long post, and apologies for the mild rant.
Trying to trust that LE are still working diligently.

Where are you, little girl ? :( :( :(

MOO.

I wish there was an update of some sort on the search, or the case, or a plea for information. Something in a official capacity.
I’m with you, I sure wish there was something official put out there. Even a “no new info” non-update from the TBI would be welcome. There’s a sweet little 5 year old missing and the focus needs to be brought back to Summer!

MOO

*Sigh*
Thread # 29 and we are still at square one.
Still.

I'm not certain she disappeared on the 15th unless I hear it from LE.

Did anyone outside of the group assembled for the outing see her ?
Was she in view on any security cameras in the places they stopped at ?
Still wondering if they ate out anywhere ?

The adults and H. and Summer would've been hungry at some point.
If it was a restaurant with indoor dining, did they all go in ?
Because she didn't seem the type to want to wait patiently outside in the car.
I get a feeling she was a lively, scrappy child and whatever everyone else did, she was in the thick of it !
If they did and Summer wasn't with them, that'd be odd ?

So if the group was seen on cam. anywhere, Summer would've been with them.
I wish LE would release this if they know it ?
Just to say : "We know she was at such and such a place and at ___ time.".
Question : IF LE knew this, wouldn't they release the info. ?
What -- if they know something -- would be the reason not to let people know that she was at that time, alive and well ?

LE haven't even said if she was missing for certain from the 15th !
Their silence makes me nervous that they know about as much as we do .
I know that this may be far from the truth and maybe they have everything they need except Summer's remains ? (sorry to type that)

Am getting frustrated.
Sorry for the long post, and apologies for the mild rant.
Trying to trust that LE are still working diligently.

Where are you, little girl ? :( :( :(

MOO.
The more the principals decide to voluntarily divulge about themselves, the farther I get from any fence. I never could see the fence well enough to tell if it was a border fence or picket fence, but now I'm way up in the Yukon latitudes and there just is no fence at all. To those at fault for her disappearance: please bring Summer home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd