UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
It’s just a signpost, it has the planets at various points along the walk
ETA it doesn’t look like the solar walk goes through the bit selected on google maps- but I’m struggling to see what I’m looking at with grid reference.
Just put the grid reference into google not google maps its a section of trees with a cross made out of trees in the middle. Only visible from the air

I agree with the jilted lover or admirer theory.

My current line of thinking is leaning towards one of the limping bar men from the Nags. They would know Claudia from serving her regularly and could have quite easily developed an obsession with her. The alleyman on CCTV, to me, appears to have a limp. He also appears to have a rucksack which someone may have if they’ve been at work. These barmen work in a pub literally a few doors down. It appears their landlord and boss even had a key to Claudia’s house.

There’s certainly a lot of coincidences here…
Does anyone else have these 2 or just 1 of them as suspects?

Last edited:
I really believe they know she left that property by foot or force on Wednesday evening. I believe Claudia was not asleep ,but left her home that night and was never able to use her phone after 9.40pm Imo.We all have our theories and I am going on what I feel happened that night. I feel her friends knew by Thursday evening and suzy “you stood me up” text to claudia was partly to cover what they already knew! To me her home is next door, you can not miss or avoid it, and Suzy snd Jen call and text from the pub that night. They know she has booked Friday off work, so as Suzy said herself “it was a full night out”they planned. Though police claim text was loose arrangements to meet later in the week. No checking if Claudias lights are on, no looking in as you pass by to go home? Odd behaviour IMO, and I just don’t believe their chain of events, as I don’t believe “we just don’t know “ x

I agree. with you vixey....I thought the. polices most recent statement was that they believe that whatever happened kicked off very shortly after the phone call to her mother...I dont know if they meant. violence or just that she left her house of her own free will with or to go to someone.

again, as ive said before, if id been suzy, my first instinct would have been to go and knock on Claudias door....suzy knew. the area and wouldn't have been afraid to just walk to Claudius house and try to make contact when she didn't turn up

Just put the grid reference into google not google maps its a section of trees with a cross made out of trees in the middle. Only visible from the air

Site of a former church?

ok I might have to have a look this evening now, I’m intrigued.
Doubt it’s relevant to the CL case though :)

I'm not sure about the 19th. The Galloway investigation certainly fixated on this, and specifically the idea that she was abducted when walking to work. The Mallyn team much less so - think their focus and communication was much more open on this question.

It is true though that if Alleyman were scouting at 0500 on 19/3 , it's more consistent with CL still being there and something being about to happen, rather than already having happened. But it's not fully clear either way.

Yeah it sounds like the police know for a fact that she was at home at the time of the calls to her mum and dad. It seems like they also know for a fact (or as good as) that she left her house on the morning of the 19th? They have really stuck by that one.

Is it confirmed that white coat man was seen outside Costcutter 45 minutes or so after passing Heworth Place on the Limes cctv? So obviously they did something on Heworth Road during that time? (I've read there might be some discrepency over cctv times).

I'm not sure about the 19th. The Galloway investigation certainly fixated on this, and specifically the idea that she was abducted when walking to work. The Mallyn team much less so - think their focus and communication was much more open on this question.

It is true though that if Alleyman were scouting at 0500 on 19/3 , it's more consistent with CL still being there and something being about to happen, rather than already having happened. But it's not fully clear either way.

I’ve always been of the opinion she was abducted the morning of the 19th.

I think alley man went there the night before to check she was actually sleeping there that night and not somewhere else, was probably looking to see if lights were on. Once he had confirmation she was there he returned the following morning, again checked she hadn’t already left. Then returned to his car parked somewhere near the front of the house then lay in wait for her to leave for work.

I think alley man was known to her (either a lover or admirer) and has offered her a lift to work which she has reluctantly accepted.

I also believe there is only 1 perp involved. If it was 4 or 5 I genuinely think one of them would have slipped up by now or DNA from one of them would have been found somewhere.

I think alley man went there the night before to check she was actually sleeping there that night and not somewhere else, was probably looking to see if lights were on. Once he had confirmation she was there he returned the following morning, again checked she hadn’t already left. Then returned to his car parked somewhere near the front of the house then lay in wait for her to leave for work.

I think alley man was known to her (either a lover or admirer) and has offered her a lift to work which she has reluctantly accepted.

I also believe there is only 1 perp involved. If it was 4 or 5 I genuinely think one of them would have slipped up by now or DNA from one of them would have been found somewhere.
This is exactly what I think happened as you described. She was probably trying to avoid him because he was probably not too happy with her plans for Cyprus .
As you say she got in his car reluctantly …

This is exactly what I think happened as you described. She was probably trying to avoid him because he was probably not too happy with her plans for Cyprus .
As you say she got in his car reluctantly …

Yeah if it was someone she knew, even not that well, then if she was offered a lift to work over a long 45 minute walk she would surely have taken it. After that, something happened.

Th

The angle of the junction gives a really good view of the left side…. If he was avoiding white jacket man he would have looked right at the junction. He looks left to check the car that white jacket man got out off.
This is possible but how do you know he got out of a car.
Unless there is factual evidence that you can reference, the car is an assumption IMO

House corner of Hepworth place
This can probably be determined by a search on 192.com. Unfortunately I don't have any credits left to check this detail otherwise I would help.

[

BBM. This is so simple and yet could plausibly be it. Often the simplest things are the answer. I'm seriously considering this as the answer. Do we know what vehicle it could have been? JMO

But what are you checking for at that time of the morning?

my thoughts too...but I was once in a flat share and the. landlord used. to keep conk of everyone who visited and left and how. long they stayed for...think he'd got his whole family in on it...maybe the police should have put him on this case

[

BBM. This is so simple and yet could plausibly be it. Often the simplest things are the answer. I'm seriously considering this as the answer. Do we know what vehicle it could have been? JMO
But in the evening it was only 7pm that alleyway man was seen on the camera, surely if he was casing her home he would have to go back later than this to ensure she didn’t go out after 7pm? Forgive me if I missing something?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth